Match Thread 12/08/23 - Sheffield United v. Crystal Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1691011797830.png vs. 1691011807318.png

Premier League Matchweek 1 - Saturday 12th August 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.657/

Officials:

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Sam Allison
VAR: Tony Harrington
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

palace.png

Last edited:

Last time around:

Premier League - 8th May 2021
Sheffield United 0 - 2 Crystal Palace

MOTM: Aaron Ramsdale

Sums it up:

There is no way I would buy a ST for next season based on the garbage that is being played out before us week after week.

In fact a season ticket at Chesterfield would inspire me more than this lot.

Match centre:

Having been stuck in the middle of nowhere with no Internet for a week, I just can’t wait to watch Iliman and Sander and the boys run out for a new PL season. 🤩

If you happen to be in either Marseille or Burnley I would just stay put. 😉

I'm feeling defiant in the face of all the negativity around us. There's an element of unpredictability about our first game with new so many new faces at our club so we need to go full tilt and get a result on day one!

UTB

True we need to get behind the new players and give them a right good Bramall Lane atmosphere. If there was one match that the fans need to play their part in creating a great atmosphere its this one. Every PL match needs to be like a cup final this season.

getting excited by the sheer challenge ahead
never on the field of football conflict have so many complained about so few
"We shall go on to the end… we shall fight on the bleaches, we shall fight on the training grounds, we shall fight in the football fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

If Egan, Wes and Anel have blinders we will be okay. We just need to take one chance and we might win. That is as positive as I can be right now.

Pissed off with this pre season like many but 100% behind the boys on Saturday

COYRAWW’s

A proper sell out even the restricted view seats have been sold Bladesfans will have Bramall Lane rocking. we are favorites to go down nowt new there.
Come on Heckey and our players let's prove them wrong. UP THE BLADES.
A sell out you say? Shit....I was going to post a new thread with the title "let's get crystal palace sold out"......oh well.....maybe next game. 😉

Having been stuck in the middle of nowhere with no Internet for a week, I just can’t wait to watch Iliman and Sander and the boys run out for a new PL season. 🤩
Can I recommend that you buy a programme on the way to the match - otherwise, you might not recognise some of them..

"We shall go on to the end… we shall fight on the bleaches, we shall fight on the training grounds, we shall fight in the football fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”
Let's get behind Hecky and the boys. F***k them all. Maybe I'm misguided but have a good feeling for Saturday

Opening day PL results for us:

1992-3 2-1 v Man U (h)
1993-4 3-1 v Swindon (h)
2006-7 1-1 v Liverpool (h)
2019-20 1-1 v Bournemouth (A)
2020-1 0-2 v Wolves (H)

It'll be 1-0 Palace on Saturday. I cannot see us scoring a goal with the current resources at our disposal.

Obviously after 3 points, but gotta wonder if a pasting would be better in the long run - will it give the board motivation to actually spend?

Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised as there's been overwhelming negativity on here and it's really brought the mood down but I'm loving it

I'm somehow super excited for our season to begin and equal parts nervous and that's exactly why I'm loving it. Everything about what being a Blades about. We're always the underdog in this league and I think that's exactly where we thrive as a club.

Just give it a bloody go, all I ask is that you try lads

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 13.07.17.png

Ignoring the goal-scorer, a case of first home game fixture Deja Vu, I beg... 🤞⚔️

I think he must play Souza to counteract Eze - I can't see any of our other MF being strong enough

And also if we lose, we’re still only 3 points off top spot !

Was going to say.. a loss wouldn't be end of the world either,

although they're games we should be targeting to get something from, we have nowhere near gelled as a team yet.

Back
Top Bottom