100% Rival Distribution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm willing to be corrected, but Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Chesterfield were big mining areas, but not Sheffield. In fact I can't remember a Sheffield pit.
I worked in the industry for ten years at a pit equi distant between Sheffield and Rotherham, many Sheffielders at our pit.
Throw in Brookhouse at Beighton, Orgreave at Lower Handsworth and then other post war pits within the Sheffield boundary - Handsworth Nunnery, Sheffield Nunnery (near what is now Parkway Drive), Birley East and West.
Then chuck in Kiveton, High Moor and Westthorpe at Killamarsh and the mines around Eckington and Staveley etc and Sheffield and it's surrounding villages had a rich mining history.
Plenty of Blades at our pit too!

I worked in the industry for ten years at a pit equi distant between Sheffield and Rotherham, many Sheffielders at our pit.
Throw in Brookhouse at Beighton, Orgreave at Lower Handsworth and then other post war pits within the Sheffield boundary - Handsworth Nunnery, Sheffield Nunnery (near what is now Parkway Drive), Birley East and West.
Then chuck in Kiveton, High Moor and Westthorpe at Killamarsh and the mines around Eckington and Staveley etc and Sheffield and it's surrounding villages had a rich mining history.
May be a bit before my time then, but I went to school at Woodhouse, and Kiveton, Dinnington, Swallownest, Beighton were all seen as mining areas and lots of kids Dad's worked in those pits. But they never saw themselves as being Sheffielders.

I used to remember the kids often saying Sheffield hasn't got any pits, Treeton and Orgreave are the closest and that's Rotherham,

May be a bit before my time then, but I went to school at Woodhouse, and Kiveton, Dinnington, Swallownest, Beighton were all seen as mining areas and lots of kids Dad's worked in those pits. But they never saw themselves as being Sheffielders.

I used to remember the kids often saying Sheffield hasn't got any pits, Treeton and Orgreave are the closest and that's Rotherham,
Ok, I'll let you have the last word, but to say Sheffield has never been a hot bed of mining is a bit of an insult to me and many other ex miners in Sheffield. Hence the evidence I've provided.

IMG_0533.jpeg

I dislike a few teams and clubs.
But I only despise one.
So, 100% goes to the deluded.

Back
Top Bottom