100% Rival Distribution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its a personal thing, I don't like Leicester City but wouldn't class them as rivals.

Pigs
Leeds
Forest
West Ham

All the above are rivals for many reasons, maybe Barnsley geographically but not Rotherham or Chesterfield, (and maybe Donny) who we have always got on with reasonably well. Don't class Hull as rivals at all.

Not being brought up in Sheffield, I tend to laugh at Wendy’s, sneer at Forest and shrug my shoulders at Leeds.

Has to be just Wednesday for me, only time I get really nervous about the result and struggle to even watch the games. Great when we win them!!

If

In this debacle of a season, I would be so happy if we just managed to beat both Burnley and Florist….and brought them both down with us.
I'd be ecstatic if we beat Burnley and Forest, but, is it even possible with our current team??
Let's discuss further, after we beat Villa tomorrow!

Morning all!

I work in Leeds, and there’s a bit of a blend of support. Mainly Leeds fans but some top 6, some Yorkshire based etc, so there’s a fair bit of banter.

A Leeds fan said to me however that he would say Blades and Wednesday are there main rivals, probably a 50/50 split. This got me thinking as I don’t really think of Leeds as that much of a rival, but I know everyone thinks differently and historically have reasons for generating rivalry’s etc.

Another lad, a Hull fan, thinks of us as a big rival, again I don’t get it.

So, here’s the challenge. You have 100% to allocate as you wish as to who you feel are rivals in your eyes. I thought it’d be interesting to see how we think as a fan base. It can be 100% in one team or 1% in 100 teams, it’s down to you personally.

Mine would be -

Wednesday - 90%
Leeds - 5%
Millwall - 3%
Rotherham - 1%
West Ham - 1%

What’s yours?
A proper Leeds fan would know that their main rivals are Man U.

Our only real RIVALS are Wednesday but nevertheless I dislike arrogant Leeds with a passion, probably because I've lived here so many years.

A Leeds fan once said to me "I don't know why you lot hate us so much, we have no problem with you" and I find that attitude prevalent around these parts.

No idea who you were talking to but he blew his credibility as a Leeds fan when he didn't say the scum were their biggest rivals.

Depends on age.

I remember us selling Currie, Hanson, Edwards, Sabella and Deane to Leeds and some of the off field battles in the 80’s.

So got me it’s
70% Wedneday
20% Leeds
8% Forest
2% Liverpool

Some might say West Ham but I actually don’t mind them but never liked Liverpool fans who insist their special and unique.

Also don’t mind the local teams. Not bothered about Barnsley and Chesterfield, like to see them all do well apart from Wednesday of course.

I lived in Rotherham up to being 9 years old before moving to Sheffield, so I’ve always had a soft spot for the Millers.

Our only real RIVALS are Wednesday but nevertheless I dislike arrogant Leeds with a passion, probably because I've lived here so many years.

A Leeds fan once said to me "I don't know why you lot hate us so much, we have no problem with you" and I find that attitude prevalent around these parts.

No idea who you were talking to but he blew his credibility as a Leeds fan when he didn't say the scum were their biggest rivals.

I know a big Leeds fan, born and bred in Barnsley, always wind him up that he should support Barnsley but he said he was a school boy in the 70’s when Leeds were dominating. He’s just turned 60 and pretty sensible.

Had this conversion with him and he tells me they only have 1 team they dislike
/ hate and that’s Man Utd, then in 2nd place a long way behind is Chelsea.

Think it depends on age because Man Utd and Chelsea were 2 big rivals from the 70’s….. so for young Leeds fans this rivalry might not be so big.

He said the Leeds- Sheffield matches at Elland Road are bigger than most league matches when played outside the top flight but that’s because they know there’ll be a large vocal away following not any traditional rivalry.

I suppose it’s like when we play Bradford City in the league…it’s one of the bigger matches because of their away following but it doesn’t mean that much.

Pigs 90%

Forest 9% but that’s only since the play-off.

Never been bothered about Leeds in any way but I get why some are.

The local clubs couldn’t care less though I do dislike Barnsley, but most of the time I never give them a thought. Just that time they celebrated like they were the ones who sent us down when in reality we were already down.

So 1% Barnsley.

100% Pigs. Dirty scrubber bastards, I hope they go bust.

I hate, and I mean HATE Scabs. I hate Leeds when we're playing them, otherwise I couldn't give a fuck, Manchester City and Chelsea.

99% pigs
1% pigs reserves and all age groups below down to the under 5’s….

I once experimented with a mixed marriage and her little nephew was dressed as a piglet the first day I met her parents and extended family, I was the only blade present and was extremely hungover/still drunk as this was the day after the league 1 promotion !!
Anyway the intense questions about work, family and general shithousing from her brothers about joining the championship (sorry la liga) and how they were guaranteed 6 points led me to think fuck this I’m playing football with the young lad who was around 4/5, he was a pleasant little piglet but I felt he needed a stern lesson in what a pecking order is so I decided to set two nets up either end of the garden after the coin toss with Sheffield United kicking towards the penistone road shed and flower bed end the blades took a quick 8-0 lead, realising the pigs were quicky losing interest in the game and fearing it would be abandoned due to a fowls walk off united reluctantly “gifted” 4 goals to the opposition. In red hot late April sunshine the half time whistle was sounded and it was time for a fruit shoot for the piglet and a now lukewarm can of Stella for the blades. During the half time break Sheffield uniteds manager/captain and star striker (me) was involved in a spontaneous meeting with the little piglet along with his father, grandfather and uncle who asked little piglet what the score was, as he withdrew the fruit shoot from his mouth gasping for air he uttered the words “it’s 8-4 to Sheffield United”

I’ve never felt so proud to be a blade as I was that day. It topped off a magical weekend

Last edited:
I think Rivals might be a different thing to dislike? SO West Ham for example, there is a dislike because of the Tevez thing, but I don't think they are "rivals".

Local sides like Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield are probably a bit more disliked because they are local, but they aren't Rivals either.

I very much dislike Forest following the play off semi final. We are in a similar position league wise (ish....) so I think they are currently our closest direct Rivals.

Wednesday are just 100% dislike, not rivals either as apart from a cup game we are unlikely to face them any time soon

We will play them next season..

Pigs 90%
Leeds 10%

Nobody else are rivals.. the Wrexam thing was just them trying to seem higher profile by association.

Morning all!

I work in Leeds, and there’s a bit of a blend of support. Mainly Leeds fans but some top 6, some Yorkshire based etc, so there’s a fair bit of banter.

A Leeds fan said to me however that he would say Blades and Wednesday are there main rivals, probably a 50/50 split. This got me thinking as I don’t really think of Leeds as that much of a rival, but I know everyone thinks differently and historically have reasons for generating rivalry’s etc.

Another lad, a Hull fan, thinks of us as a big rival, again I don’t get it.

So, here’s the challenge. You have 100% to allocate as you wish as to who you feel are rivals in your eyes. I thought it’d be interesting to see how we think as a fan base. It can be 100% in one team or 1% in 100 teams, it’s down to you personally.

Mine would be -

Wednesday - 90%
Leeds - 5%
Millwall - 3%
Rotherham - 1%
West Ham - 1%

What’s yours?

Is this just a bit of fun?

Doesn't work on percentages
I fucking hate Wednesday with all my being
Leeds forest villa West ham etc are just cunts

Wednesday 100%.
Everything associated with them is shit.

Most Leeds fans my age barely remember playing manure in league football.

Pigs, Leeds, Scabs.

Think you're a bit wide of the mark with that statement.
I'm willing to be corrected, but Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Chesterfield were big mining areas, but not Sheffield. In fact I can't remember a Sheffield pit.

Back
Top Bottom