100% Rival Distribution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score
Morning all!

I work in Leeds, and there’s a bit of a blend of support. Mainly Leeds fans but some top 6, some Yorkshire based etc, so there’s a fair bit of banter.

A Leeds fan said to me however that he would say Blades and Wednesday are there main rivals, probably a 50/50 split. This got me thinking as I don’t really think of Leeds as that much of a rival, but I know everyone thinks differently and historically have reasons for generating rivalry’s etc.

Another lad, a Hull fan, thinks of us as a big rival, again I don’t get it.

So, here’s the challenge. You have 100% to allocate as you wish as to who you feel are rivals in your eyes. I thought it’d be interesting to see how we think as a fan base. It can be 100% in one team or 1% in 100 teams, it’s down to you personally.

Mine would be -

Wednesday - 90%
Leeds - 5%
Millwall - 3%
Rotherham - 1%
West Ham - 1%

What’s yours?

Firstly, commiserations for having to work in Leeds.
Secondly 100% Wednesday.

Interestingly the biggest tosser I worked with in football terms was a Forest fan, I’ve not even given them 1% as I don’t like them but they’re not a rival. A bit like Hull.

Any rivalry is a bit invented and “meh”..

Having worked in Chesterfield for 22 years I used to laugh at how Chesterfield fans like to think that they are our rivals! Wendy were always our rivals but now I pity them!

I think Rivals might be a different thing to dislike? SO West Ham for example, there is a dislike because of the Tevez thing, but I don't think they are "rivals".

Local sides like Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield are probably a bit more disliked because they are local, but they aren't Rivals either.

I very much dislike Forest following the play off semi final. We are in a similar position league wise (ish....) so I think they are currently our closest direct Rivals.

Wednesday are just 100% dislike, not rivals either as apart from a cup game we are unlikely to face them any time soon

As a southern Blade I probably don't feel the full effect/impact of this.

But I'd probably have said something like, SWFC 80%, Leeds 20%.

Morning all!

I work in Leeds, and there’s a bit of a blend of support. Mainly Leeds fans but some top 6, some Yorkshire based etc, so there’s a fair bit of banter.

A Leeds fan said to me however that he would say Blades and Wednesday are there main rivals, probably a 50/50 split. This got me thinking as I don’t really think of Leeds as that much of a rival, but I know everyone thinks differently and historically have reasons for generating rivalry’s etc.

Another lad, a Hull fan, thinks of us as a big rival, again I don’t get it.

So, here’s the challenge. You have 100% to allocate as you wish as to who you feel are rivals in your eyes. I thought it’d be interesting to see how we think as a fan base. It can be 100% in one team or 1% in 100 teams, it’s down to you personally.

Mine would be -

Wednesday - 90%
Leeds - 5%
Millwall - 3%
Rotherham - 1%
West Ham - 1%

What’s yours?
Wednesday 98%
Barnsley 1%
Leeds 1%!

Back
Top Bottom