tick tock tick tock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stringjunior

A Stringer original
Reaction score
There's only so many times I can check this site before I explode with expectation. COME ON FFS, GIVE ME A SNIPPET OF SOMETHING INTERESTING FROM OUR TRANSFER WINDOW.. Arrrgghhhh

@Gids1980: Just spoken to #sufc MD Mal Brannigan who sez there is a "small chance" deals will be completed. Offers currently in for 3 players. (1/2)

Which translates as - don't bother staying awake.

Nothing will happen,.so don't hold your breath..

At the very worst, we'll probably get a bid for baxter and he will be sold....

This gamechanging investment, just changed the game for mcabe, not the team...

Ps, we will do ok in the loan window, cause that's how a club with no real disposable funds operates, pay wages,.short term commitment, if we go up then we are free to pay higher wages cause the stop gaps who got us up have gone back...

We can have the fun and not commit to the player...

See connor coady, if you need proof...

Starting to get that sinking feeling like nothing is going to happen......

Me too. We need a striker with a bit of pedigree. Porter - waste of space. Higdon - seemingly not the big hope we anticipated. McNulty - ditto. This is the moment to shake the fucking dice and throw them. This is the moment we do to other teams what other teams have done to us on the final day. And we have had the Prince for opne year now - I have yet to see this 'game changing investment'. Unless anyone else can point that little detail out for me, I maintain his arrival was another Blades Bollocks move.

pommpey

Agree...

We need to show intent, not talk about it...

You don't go up without a goalscorer,, we haven't got one...

I think we will be getting a couple of three month loans in around the beginning of October with a view to extending them to the full season in the January window if they have been a success. Those and Evans retuning will be our big Autumn moves.

As for this window Clough did say a couple of weeks ago we would not be "throwing money at it" so I didn't expect owt today to be perfectly honest.

@Gids1980: Just spoken to #sufc MD Mal Brannigan who sez there is a "small chance" deals will be completed. Offers currently in for 3 players. (1/2)

Which translates as - don't bother staying awake.

Why is he saying a "small chance"? Have we submitted small bids knowing they are unlikely to be accepted? Ludicrous statement.

Clough has made it clear he thinks we need to bring in players to challenge for promotion. If the Board don't back him it will prove beyond any doubt what many already suspect to be the case......i.e. nothing has changed post-Prince

I think we will be getting a couple of three month loans in around the beginning of October with a view to extending them to the full season in the January window if they have been a success. Those and Evans retuning will be our big Autumn moves.

As for this window Clough did say a couple of weeks ago we would not be "throwing money at it" so I didn't expect owt today to be perfectly honest.

Getting a proven striker to turn out a smack in twenty-plus-goals isn't 'throwing money at it' in my book. It is investing in your team, to secure automatic promotion, which is our sole aim. As people have said, you don't go up without a twenty-odd a season goal getter and another one who is well into double figures.

1981-82 - Promoted - Edwards 35
1983-84 - Promoted - Edwards 34
1988-89 - Promoted - Agana 24
1989-90 - Promoted - Deane 21

The only times we have had a 20+ scorer and not promoted was 2007-08 with Beattie (22) and 2011-12 with Evans (29)

We need that goalscorer. Preferably on with pace to balance the clutch of seemingly immobile strikers we already have.

pommpey

That small chance statement is ludicrous.
It's like there trying to keep the fans on board and give some hope. Look if were not in the hunt for anyone just say and then no one can get their hopes up.

It's like there trying to keep the fans on board and give some hope. Look if were not in the hunt for anyone just say and then no one can get their hopes up.

This is the best thing for them. It means they can pass the buck onto the other clubs saying they took the piss, or that they demanded too much money or whatever.

It's all about trying to raise hopes whilst not actually changing anything on or off the field with our club. It's a fine art, but our board have it nailed perfectly.

My major concern is that if Clough wanted three or so signings and made that clear and there is now 'fish all' (as it were -I'm a lady!) then how long is he going to persevere with us without backing? I bloody love this club at the moment and to say I'm worried that we are going to fuck up again is an understatement.

My major concern is that if Clough wanted three or so signings and made that clear and there is now 'fish all' (as it were -I'm a lady!) then how long is he going to persevere with us without backing? I bloody love this club at the moment and to say I'm worried that we are going to fuck up again is an understatement.
Very good point,leeds without a manager,Huddersfield also without one,if they can sense weakness they could both come knocking.Its a big if though.

Last edited:
two questions for you

1. Don't you think NC has been backed already with all these signings (not his or the clubs fault if players e.g.O'Grady don't want to play in L1) ?
2. How can love The Blades 'at the moment' . ? If we don't sign anyone will you dump us ?

Very good point,leeds without a manager,Huddersfield also without one,if they can sense weakness they could both come knocking.Its a bif if though.
When I made this point four weeks ago I was slagged off for it, not looking so unlikely now

Really?

Had he said we're not looking to do any business, then we did, he'd be called a liar.

What reason do you have to doubt that there is a "small chance" that we'll be doing business?

Do you really think he thought he'd string fans along with a teaser just to save a few hours of toy chucking on Twitter (which, by the way, it wouldn't anyway)?

Bartman, how does 'love this club at the moment' in any equate with will dump them at the first opportunity? I have been married for 25 years, and there have been lots of times I was disillusioned, I stuck with him and I'm here until I die. BUT I can see when we have a decent manager we may just have to up our game.

Really?

Had he said we're not looking to do any business, then we did, he'd be called a liar.

What reason do you have to doubt that there is a "small chance" that we'll be doing business?

Do you really think he thought he'd string fans along with a teaser just to save a few hours of toy chucking on Twitter (which, by the way, it wouldn't anyway)?

Careful Foxy, you'll be accused of working for the club.

Really?

Perhaps we should show some ambition and make bids that have more than a "small chance" of being accepted?

Bartman, how does 'love this club at the moment' in any equate with will dump them at the first opportunity? I have been married for 25 years, and there have been lots of times I was disillusioned, I stuck with him and I'm here until I die. BUT I can see when we have a decent manager we may just have to up our game.

LOL. Steady on. I thought it was a typo and didn't expect you to take it seriously. Congrats on 25 years by the way. Been married 26 years myself and Mrs Bartman keeps telling me I am still happily married.......I would dare argue :)

Getting a proven striker to turn out a smack in twenty-plus-goals isn't 'throwing money at it' in my book. It is investing in your team, to secure automatic promotion, which is our sole aim. As people have said, you don't go up without a twenty-odd a season goal getter and another one who is well into double figures.

Genius! I wonder why noone else has thought of that. Why don't you write to McCabe? Might miss this transfer window, but if you explain to him that all we need to do is buy a 'twenty goal a season striker' I'm sure he'll sort something out in January.

Edit: oh, hold on a minute. There are those times we 'invested' all that money and didn't get promotion. The time when we got promotion despite not having a twenty goal a season striker. Oh, and the fact that we've already signed a prolific and proven goalscorer this summer. Then again - he's played a couple of times for us now and hasn't got a hattrick so he clearly doesn't count any more. And the fact that every other team in the entire world is looking for exactly the same thing. Actually, the more I think about it...

Perhaps we should show some ambition and make bids that have more than a "small chance" of being accepted?

The argument was that it was apparently ludicrous to make the statement.

Now it's that we haven't bid enough, despite the fact that we don't know what bids are currently in?

The argument was that it was apparently ludicrous to make the statement.

Now it's that we haven't bid enough, despite the fact that we don't know what bids are currently in?

I think the reasons are becoming irrelevant. What is relevant, is the fact we have failed to assemble a squad that is likely to challenge for automatic promotion. The 'whys' are now redundant, but something is wrong at this club. There have been lots and lots of quality free signings jn this division also which we have missed out on, the money is irrelevant. Our biggest concern is our inability to attract quality footballers, which more often than not, is due to not offering enough money.

Back
Top Bottom