The EU and Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pre Britain joining the EU in 1973, United had never played in the third tier. Since then we have spent 11 out of 44 years in the third tier or below. Therefore Brexit should be good for the Blades!

Don't think the Blades have really ever bought into this Europe thing.

Still be in it come the Apocalypse.
In millions of years when human life evolves again, maybe they will let us start off in the Premier League on the grounds that we are a big club?

Pre Britain joining the EU in 1973, United had never played in the third tier. Since then we have spent 11 out of 44 years in the third tier or below. Therefore Brexit should be good for the Blades!

Before 1973 we had a steel and coal industry - happy days IMO my old pit High Moor had plenty of Beighton Blades
Not saying the EU was totally responsible for their demise but they didn't help either - the farmers got the EU cash

Before 1973 we had a steel and coal industry - happy days IMO my old pit High Moor had plenty of Beighton Blades
Not saying the EU was totally responsible for their demise but they didn't help either - the farmers got the EU cash
I don't think Thatcher needed any help from the EU

I can remember singing :-
Glory glory to united
glory glory to the Blades
Were the boys in red & white
And we fight with all our might
now were knocking on Europe's door

I thought it was something to do with getting into the European cup not the EU

We tried to sign players during the transfer window but...........

.......given the uncertainty regarding the EU we cant commit the funds, so the under 11s will be playing in the first team

Can I politely suggest that Roy Hodgeson is put in charge of the Brexit coalition, because he at least understands how to leave Europe without putting up a fight..........

Can I politely suggest that Roy Hodgeson is put in charge of the Brexit coalition, because he at least understands how to leave Europe without putting up a fight..........
and it only took him 90 minutes

Back
Top Bottom