SUFC Vs. Macc

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stringjunior

A Stringer original
Reaction score
This will be my first pre-season friendly since Oldham back in the early 90s. Quite exciting.

Anyway, pre-match libations anybody?

It's down as a first team, the 21s are in Matlock tonight (just in the pub over there).
Heading to Macc tomorrow, as soon as I can finish work.

Is there any nice pubs on the way over there? Apparently there's not much near the ground in terms of food and drink.

There's some decent boozers between the train station and the ground (it's about a mile).

Some crackers just off the main road on both sides.

Never thought i'd see the Blades in my home town. If you're looking for a beer then walk towards town from the ground and check out the Railway View which has great beer and cheap pies. Further down the road is The Macc pub with probably the best selection of draught and bottled beers for quite a distance with the added advantage of the best chippies in town just outside. Going into Macc you will see several decent pubs, mostly friendly, the Red willow has some brilliant beers. Nearest pub to the ground is the Golden Lion on Moss Lane. Easy walking but a real estate type pub. UTB's

I shall be down there, live in between Macc/Stockport

edit - worst comes to worst, if they're just opening the one stand as they did when they hosted Mainz/Besiktas (seriously) last year, that has quite a nice bar open

I shall be down there, live in between Macc/Stockport

edit - worst comes to worst, if they're just opening the one stand as they did when they hosted Mainz/Besiktas (seriously) last year, that has quite a nice bar open

I'm in Marple - you can't be far away. Cheshire Cat is in Poynton I think?

Theres a whole new branch of the supporters club right here. What about 'Wrong Side of the Hill Blades'

I live in Hadfield, the in laws live in Macclesfield, so this was a decent fixture - until I had to stay over in Sheffield, typical!

It's down as a first team, the 21s are in Matlock tonight (just in the pub over there).
Heading to Macc tomorrow, as soon as I can finish work.

I'm sorry but it's totally unacceptable for the u-21s to be in a boozer half an hour before kick-off. Some of them are barely old enough to drink.

Morgan out!...

Driving over from Manchester tonight, any tips from anyone on places to park? Been to Macc once or twice but never for football!

Driving over from Manchester tonight, any tips from anyone on places to park? Been to Macc once or twice but never for football!
You can park on the side streets around the ground but, as their website states, "supporters are advised to check for double white and yellow lines". Wouldn't have thought to do that..... :rolleyes:

Despite having man flu I shall make the short trip from Whaley Bridge

Despite having man flu I shall make the short trip from Whaley Bridge

This "Wrong Side of the Hill" branch of the supporters club is more massive than I thought. There are at thousands of us

Paul Dickov was quoted in today's Star as saying he wants to go through pre-season unbeaten with Donny. Wonder if Nigel has similar ambitions? Good for confidence, etc (& it'd be a welcome turnaround from last season's woeful preparations).
Not something that the Wendies have the luxury of hoping for though - 1 win in their 4 pre-season games up to now apparently!

(...Watch us go & get stuffed by the Macc Lads tonight now!)

Not bothered as long as there are no more injures.
There's only pride at stake so take it easy lads -but not too easy eh...... :tumbleweed:

From Twitter:

Starting XI: Howard, Freeman, Collins, McEveley, McFadzean, JCR, Basham, Baxter, Woolford, Sharp, Sammon

Blades subs at Macclesfield tonight: Subs: Long, Higdon, Adams, Khan, Coustrain, Banton, Kelly

Will be hard tonight, probably our hardest yet apart from Sunday. These lads will be bang up for it and they're no mugs.

Want to stay unbeaten if we can though. Despite how everyone drives down the importance of pre season - winning is a habit.

From Twitter:

Starting XI: Howard, Freeman, Collins, McEveley, McFadzean, JCR, Basham, Baxter, Woolford, Sharp, Sammon

Blades subs at Macclesfield tonight: Subs: Long, Higdon, Adams, Khan, Coustrain, Banton, Kelly

Surprised to see the 2 starters upfront from sunday either not on the bench or not featuring at all.
Keeping it fresh though, I get it.

Would like to see Banton and Coustrain get a run out, they have potential to be the next ones off the production line.

Back
Top Bottom