Striking options... Time to look abroad?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
Given there seems to be a lack of suitable strikers in England should we be casting our net wider?

Should we ask Fenerbache if they can loan us anyone lol?

Given there seems to be a lack of suitable strikers in England should we be casting our net wider?

We need to scout Africa of some giant who was grown up playing with tennis balls.

Ayia Napa?

156xr1s.jpg

Never mind looking abroad ,ow about looking down the back of the sofa for some dosh

I think this would make a lot of sense. You often hear Premiership bosses talk about the 'English premium' that's paid for domestic players and you can see that in our own activity in the market this summer. For the 2 million reportedly turned down for Maguire, a young third tier centre half with a year on his contract, I feel certain that you could pick up a much better player for that position for that amount of money.

This does rely on decent scouting abroad though, and traditionally we've been fairly poor on that front over the years. Christian Nade apart, obviously.

I'm quite proud of how many British based players united always put out, but as for as value for money goes you could be right.
..... But do we want to risk getting a Luton Shelton in our search for the next Jan Åge Fjørtoft?

I'm quite proud of how many British based players united always put out, but as for as value for money goes you could be right.
..... But do we want to risk getting a Luton Shelton in our search for the next Jan Åge Fjørtoft?

Well now.........

No, no. I'll resist. We've got enough nonces, homos and sissy hooligans. We can manage without me lapsing into casual racism.

Knowing our luck, we'll get Arthur Scargill.

One for the oldtimers there. :cool:

I agree, and think we should look to France for this, they love a good strike.......

Back
Top Bottom