Blaster Time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How will holding his registration without being bound by a contract adequately protect our interests?
He is our Academy product since he was young and we hold his registration until he is 24 unless we agree a fee with the buyer

Actually I will go further than that and say loans are for players who won't get into their parents teams match day squad but their club wants to extract maximum value when time to sell them by giving them game time... Just not for them but a different club.
Jono I think u r right here.Pep knows McAtee won't play for their first team, he knew Doyle wouldn't. There's a reason Foden didn't go out on loan.

And if we don’t agree a fee we go to the tribunal? Are you confident we’ll get market value there?

Rod, I understood it to be if said player refuses to sign a contract (under the age of 24) he can leave and sign for another club and our club would be subject to “compensation” How that’s set I don’t know?

Are EFL rules on this the same as PL rules?

Newcastle are blooding a future star in 17-year old Lewis Miley, rather than loan him out.

We have a slo-mo Norwood playing midfield with his zimmer frame as we sink towards the inevitable Championship next season.

Up front we have the luxury of Archer, a brilliant finisher, but somebody has to start something for him to finish.

Blaster (our future captain) needs to be recalled as soon as we are allowed to, replace Norwood and bring energy, pace and commitment in preparation for next season. Osula needs to get significant time on the pitch every game with simple instructions - put your head down, run towards goal and shoot.

We need to play to who we are and work towards the future - not live out the idealistic dreams of a PE teacher and a defence (!!) coach.

UTB & Slava Ukraini
I agree with you completely GraphMan.

For all those saying he needs to develop, have a look at Roy’s recent view from Port Vale. Comments such as “a class above” - he’s basically already their best player.

He’ll be developing physically, but he’s not going to learn much being Vale’s best player. Hardly a challenge for him.

Should we have sent Iliman out on loan, rather than seeing him grow before our eyes while getting us promoted?

We’re here to do the best for Sheffield United, and Arblaster has more to contribute than most of our current midfield.

I think getting Prem experience for the best of the players that will be our future is a win-win: win for now and win in the future.

For all those saying he needs to develop, have a look at Roy’s recent view from Port Vale. Comments such as “a class above” - he’s basically already their best player.

He’ll be developing physically, but he’s not going to learn much being Vale’s best player. Hardly a challenge for him.

Should we have sent Iliman out on loan, rather than seeing him grow before our eyes while getting us promoted?

We’re here to do the best for Sheffield United, and Arblaster has more to contribute than most of our current midfield.

I think getting Prem experience for the best of the players that will be our future is a win-win: win for now and win in the future.
We did send Ndiaye out on loan, albeit short term. He signed for us in 2019 then went out on loan to Hyde in 2020.

What makes you think he'll do well in the Premier League? The majority of our players looked fine at Championship level but look out of their depth in the Premier League, and the majority are very experienced players with a lot of games at Championship level. So why would Arblaster suddenly be better than all of them and able to make the grade in the Premier League, just because he's Vale’s best player in League One? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Rod, I understood it to be if said player refuses to sign a contract (under the age of 24) he can leave and sign for another club and our club would be subject to “compensation” How that’s set I don’t know?

Are EFL rules on this the same as PL rules?

If we’re relying on a tribunal or a fixed fee compensation scheme (ala EPPP etc) to protect the clubs interests and preserve market value for the player, that’s a worry for me.

And if we don’t agree a fee we go to the tribunal? Are you confident we’ll get market value there?
Yes to first question. No to second question. I think he will sign the new contract this season.

Yes to first question. No to second question. I think he will sign the new contract this season.

I hope he does, but you’ll understand that it leaves the club exposed. It’s nonsensical by the club as we aren’t talking, comparatively speaking, about big wages either but 18 months down the line his capital value could appreciate significantly.

I hope he does, but you’ll understand that it leaves the club exposed. It’s nonsensical by the club as we aren’t talking, comparatively speaking, about big wages either but 18 months down the line his capital value could appreciate significantly.
Think they had talks before he was allowed to go to Vale on loan and the club must have been confident that he will sign a new contract.

What makes you think he'll do well in the Premier League? The majority of our players looked fine at Championship level but look out of their depth in the Premier League, and the majority are very experienced players with a lot of games at Championship level. So why would Arblaster suddenly be better than all of them and able to make the grade in the Premier League, just because he's Vale’s best player in League One? That makes absolutely no sense at all.
But what makes you think he will do worse than Norwood or Souza? He may well do but until we try we won't know. The danger is we have a Jebbo situation on our hands where his development would have been better served by staying at Burton. As it stands I'd sooner blood Arblaster and/or Brooks and get them ready for next season than watch Norwood get bypassed time after time.

Perry Groves was taking the piss out of our midfield on Saturday. He was saying they couldn't get anywhere near Cook and Chrisite. Bournemouth (4th bottom at the time remember) came to our ground and dominated in midfield. We've got to try something different.

However if Hecky has decided he's not good enough then he stays at Port Vale and we have the pleasure of watching our pedestrian midfield get over run for the rest of the season as its pretty clear there's no money available to bring someone in. .

Back
Top Bottom