Blaster Time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
Newcastle are blooding a future star in 17-year old Lewis Miley, rather than loan him out.

We have a slo-mo Norwood playing midfield with his zimmer frame as we sink towards the inevitable Championship next season.

Up front we have the luxury of Archer, a brilliant finisher, but somebody has to start something for him to finish.

Blaster (our future captain) needs to be recalled as soon as we are allowed to, replace Norwood and bring energy, pace and commitment in preparation for next season. Osula needs to get significant time on the pitch every game with simple instructions - put your head down, run towards goal and shoot.

We need to play to who we are and work towards the future - not live out the idealistic dreams of a PE teacher and a defence (!!) coach.

UTB & Slava Ukraini

I was all for him staying there for the season but no let’s get him back in January, right now he’s our best midfielder and he’s needed.

Newcastle are blooding a future star in 17-year old Lewis Miley, rather than loan him out.

We have a slo-mo Norwood playing midfield with his zimmer frame as we sink towards the inevitable Championship next season.

Up front we have the luxury of Archer, a brilliant finisher, but somebody has to start something for him to finish.

Blaster (our future captain) needs to be recalled as soon as we are allowed to, replace Norwood and bring energy, pace and commitment in preparation for next season. Osula needs to get significant time on the pitch every game with simple instructions - put your head down, run towards goal and shoot.

We need to play to who we are and work towards the future - not live out the idealistic dreams of a PE teacher and a defence (!!) coach.

UTB & Slava Ukraini
You don't need to tell us..someone needs to tell the manager. Its a nobrainer for me

I also don't understand why Brooks hasn't had a chance. We are desperately lacking legs in there and at least he's athletic and can move around!

What is there to lose as what we have in there is having the piss taken out of them by the likes of Cook and Christie!

People were laughing at me before the season started when I said we shouldn’t be loaning him out and he should be starting in our midfield, oh well. 😂😂

If our scouting and recruitment team weren’t so shite we perhaps wouldn’t need him and he could carry on his development but unfortunately they are shite, we are skint and the lad is well and truly needed because unfortunately our midfield don’t have a combined pair of legs between the lot of them.

See several of my previous posts on this subject all shot down by the usual suspects with their “ needs a season or two in league 2 or 1 so he knows how to play “men’s football “. Bollocks. Anyone who saw him in pre season apart from Mr Decisive could see his quality and drive in”men’s football”. As an 18 year old, after the first two kidney punches I learnt all about men’s football. He should never have been sent out. Remember this is the manager last season had to get down to the bare bones of his squad before he got Doyle in the team who then saved his bacon.

An absolute no for me. Leave him where he is. He's playing well, he's learning, he's gaining valuable experience and his confidence is sky high at the moment. I'm all for promoting prospects if they're good enough. Firstly, he's playing in League One and doing well. We know he's good enough for that level. We don't know if he's good enough for the Championship yet. If we want to find that out then recall him in January and loan him out to the Championship until the end of the season.

Recalling him to the Premier League, playing alongside ten players devoid of confidence and for a clueless manager with zero tactical nuance and know how, in a team set up to accept defeat before a ball is kicked could do untold damage to his confidence and long term progression.

Arblaster will be the future but we don't need to rush it and him out of desperation. To think that he can go from League One to arguably the WORST team ever to play in the Premier League ever is plain deluded. No offence. Jebbo did well in League One and couldn't even get off the bench in the Championship in an injury ravaged squad. What makes you think Arblaster will change anything for this shower of shit?

The Newcastle lad has a chance because ..... * shock * ...... he's playing for Newcastle with international players and players who are at home in the Premier League and competing in Europe. He also has Eddie Howe for a manager. What does Arblaster have in comparison?

Let's not get silly here.

Arblaster ain’t Jebbison. Sometimes when you see a player you know.

An absolute no for me. Leave him where he is. He's playing well, he's learning, he's gaining valuable experience and his confidence is sky high at the moment. I'm all for promoting prospects if they're good enough. Firstly, he's playing in League One and doing well. We know he's good enough for that level. We don't know if he's good enough for the Championship yet. If we want to find that out then recall him in January and loan him out to the Championship until the end of the season.

Recalling him to the Premier League, playing alongside ten players devoid of confidence and for a clueless manager with zero tactical nuance and know how, in a team set up to accept defeat before a ball is kicked could do untold damage to his confidence and long term progression.

Arblaster will be the future but we don't need to rush it and him out of desperation. To think that he can go from League One to arguably the WORST team ever to play in the Premier League ever is plain deluded. No offence. Jebbo did well in League One and couldn't even get off the bench in the Championship in an injury ravaged squad. What makes you think Arblaster will change anything for this shower of shit?

The Newcastle lad has a chance because ..... * shock * ...... he's playing for Newcastle with international players and players who are at home in the Premier League and competing in Europe. He also has Eddie Howe for a manager. What does Arblaster have in comparison?

That’s all well and good if we could afford patience with Arblaster before we get rid of him for a quick buck?

Also, if we had 3 competent midfielders who could move?

Anyone that saw him in pre season and for the youngsters knew he was a quality footballer, we don’t have many and in short we can’t afford to wait about, we need to act ASAP, we won’t be bringing anyone in so get what’s ours back in Jan and use him in the starting 11, we need someone to kick some life in to the club, he would do for starters.

The only downside to bringing him back, it would probably need Norwood, Souza, Hamer and a couple of others to be injured before Hecky gives him a start so you’re right, leave him there. 🤦‍♂️😂

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Loans for development was a 90s idea.

Now loans are simply for players who aren't in a managers plans and not good enough for their parent team but want game time.

How many loan players have we had in that have gone back and gotten into their parent teams regular match day squad.

Bring Blaster home

Actually I will go further than that and say loans are for players who won't get into their parents teams match day squad but their club wants to extract maximum value when time to sell them by giving them game time... Just not for them but a different club.

The only sensible points I can take from that are those that I have missed because they are regrettably so obvious. Thinking about what you have said, If Mr Decisive is still in charge he would waste Arblaster’s talent and keep him on the bench every game until between 79 and 85 minutes and then ask him to play full back when we are 4-0 down. Probably sub him on 90 + 3 for run around Ben. Yeah. Keep him at Vale and flog him asap next year so we can afford Fleck’s new deal. 😆

For every Rooney, there’s a Francis Jeffers

He’s looking good in L1 because he’s playing against L1 players - vastly different facing Shrewsbury to Spurs

A 19 yr old ain’t gonna save this season, let him grow and develop where he is, then bring him back for the 1 step up to Championship next season

The lad at Newcastle is training daily with Guimares, Trippier, Wilson, Isak etc

Arblaster was in a port vale midfield that lost 2-1 to Shrewsbury…..

We are down now leave him where he is..

Only two things happen if we bring him back.

1. He’s not ready yet for this level and we destroy his confidence and stunt his growth going forward

or

2. He shines as a future Premier League prospect, he’s put himself in the shop window and we lose him in the summer.

Either way it’s important he’s here for our Championship campaign next season so let’s leave him alone and have him back in the summer.

Out of contract in the summer so you’d have to sign him to a new deal in January then recall him. Can’t think we’d be so daft to bring him back with 6 months to run and not renew….could we….

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Loans for development was a 90s idea.

Now loans are simply for players who aren't in a managers plans and not good enough for their parent team but want game time.

How many loan players have we had in that have gone back and gotten into their parent teams regular match day squad.

Bring Blaster home

100% loans work for development. It’s only clubs with excellent academies who have the luxury of picking players primed and ready. It prevents any stagnation, and they’re playing in front of paying punters.

City are a good example of your point, but I imagine most premier league clubs would disagree. Most have a loan manager in place, it’s an area that’s heavily invested in still.

Out of contract in the summer so you’d have to sign him to a new deal in January then recall him. Can’t think we’d be so daft to bring him back with 6 months to run and not renew….could we….
How many more times do I have to say that we can hold his registration until he is 24?

Not heard owt regards a new contract
I know that if they fk around he won’t and he’s off despite being a Blades fan as well as player.

Anyone heard whether talks have started?

I think almost every player struggling for us right now would look great in a half confident league one side tbh

Back
Top Bottom