Rules re signing out of contract players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Is there a deadline towards the end of the season after which you can't sign out of contract players? I was just wondering what's to stop us signing an out of contract player in time for the play offs?

Its the same as the loan deadline at the end of March. You could sign an out of contract player but wouldn't be able to play until next season

Is there a deadline towards the end of the season after which you can't sign out of contract players? I was just wondering what's to stop us signing an out of contract player in time for the play offs?

I think you can sign them as long as they have not already played for 2 clubs this season?

I assumed Nicky Maynard had been released by Cardiff in January but he got called back into the squad this weekend. He is in the last few months of his contract and could be worth a gamble on a pre contract agreement for us regardless of which division we are in next season?

I was thinking about the scenario whereby a player's contract is cancelled by mutual consent, in order to allow the player to join another club. On that basis they would be a free agent and available to sign for us? Or we could just put two fingers up to the world and give Ched a weekly contract to see us through the play offs!!! ;)

I was thinking about the scenario whereby a player's contract is cancelled by mutual consent, in order to allow the player to join another club. On that basis they would be a free agent and available to sign for us? Or we could just put two fingers up to the world and give Ched a weekly contract to see us through the play offs!!! ;)

41.5 Any Players registered with a Club after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League, except as permitted in Regulation 54.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#LMkRj2KwxqDr7dj1.99

Back
Top Bottom