Pre-Match View From Barnsley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All set for a boring 0-0 with both sets of supporters going home scratching their heads thinking "we're fucked."

See that a Blade's sneaked on to that Dingle forum to let them know what to expect from us:

"We are the gift that keeps on giving... we’re too safe, don’t play with tempo & are very predictable."

See that a Blade's sneaked on to that Dingle forum to let them know what to expect from us:

"We are the gift that keeps on giving... we’re too safe, don’t play with tempo & are very predictable."
And he's probably right. 2-1 to Barnsley and Adkin WILL be looking for solutions.

Looks to me like both teams will be setting up to keep it very tight.
With the quality on show in this fixture I'd anticipate a thoroughly drab 0-0 with neither team getting over the half way line to threaten the other :eek:

I think it's clear that whoever scores first wins tomorrow. If either team goes 1-0 down the fan reaction will be severe I reckon. Sounds like we're both as bad as each other right now, luckily we had a run at the start of the season. Could a win here spark us into life again?

"Just been reading it’s all ticket and that people will searched on entry, due to recent events. Am sorry if this is racist and offends anyone but anyone who’s ever been to Oakwell before knows that isis lot are going to stand out like a sore thumb if they try getting in the stadium,”

Ah Barnsley, the Land Before Time :rolleyes:

"Just been reading it’s all ticket and that people will searched on entry, due to recent events. Am sorry if this is racist and offends anyone but anyone who’s ever been to Oakwell before knows that isis lot are going to stand out like a sore thumb if they try getting in the stadium,”

That is fucking stupid on several different levels.

Ah Barnsley. Putting the "Deep" into South Yorkshire

"two sides struggling to score goals"

They're in for a surprise. We're one of the top scoring teams in the division.

Looks to me like both teams will be setting up to keep it very tight.
With the quality on show in this fixture I'd anticipate a thoroughly drab 0-0 with neither team getting over the half way line to threaten the other :eek:
Us? Keep it tight at the back? My sides are aching.

Us? Keep it tight at the back? My sides are aching.
What don't you understand about "setting up to keep it tight"
No one ever said we'd achieve it?
Are you on summat or what?
Wind yet neck in and get wit' programme lad. Focus, man, bloody focus.

Always think it a bit strange when I see nonentities like Barnsley (I can't even be bothered to call them something derogatory) have such a dislike for us.

I mean the 'blunt' thing for example.....Jeez don't they think it's all a bit 1990's? On another thread they call us Shitfield. Come on for Christ sake, desperate to stoke up a rivalry and desperate to insult us.

We in turn can hardly get up for it against another shit local wannabe side.

Oh well when they beat us which I'm sure they will, they'll be able to live on it for another few years, while we will have forgotten all about it this time next week.

What don't you understand about "setting up to keep it tight"
No one ever said we'd achieve it?
Are you on summat or what?
Wind yet neck in and get wit' programme lad. Focus, man, bloody focus.
Yes sir! Now piss off :)

We are not really on any kind of moral high ground when we accuse sides around us of being shit. Just saying.

What we need is Morgan back for this one. Even if it's just to walk on the pitch leading the team out with his captains armband.

Just seeing his name on the team sheet will get our six fingered neighbours foaming at the mouth.

By the way, could be wrong but didn't Billy score against the dingles on his last failed spell with us?

What we need is Morgan back for this one. Even if it's just to walk on the pitch leading the team out with his captains armband.

Just seeing his name on the team sheet will get our six fingered neighbours foaming at the mouth.

By the way, could be wrong but didn't Billy score against the dingles on his last failed spell with us?

He did. I think it was around this time of the year as well, maybe 2008?
I do remember it pissed it down all day.
I would take the shitty weather and a 1-0 today.

Back
Top Bottom