Leyton Orient V Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

0-2 to Orient. Think the defence is low on confidence and Orient will exploit that.

The midfield might get a goal.

pommpey

4-1 win for the blades, anything less and it's a fail and clough, the board and all the players should be sacked.

Negativity, so many blades fans can't be wrong :)

3-1 blades, I got a feeling things are going to be different
UTB

4-0 to Orient at HT
We will pull 3 back to make it 3-4
Only to eventually lose 9-3

Davies (2), Flynn (1)

Line up

Howard

Alcock Collins Harris
Flynn Scougall Doyle Basham Murphy JCR (limping a bit) Davies

Subs Baxter (limping a bit more) Higdon Porter McNulty Clough Currie McCabe Edwards

Davies (2), Flynn (1)

Line up

Howard

Alcock Collins Harris

Subs Baxter (limping a bit more) Higdon Porter McNulty Clough Currie McCabe Edwards

Actual team

Blades starting XI: Howard, Alcock, Harris, Wallace, Flynn, Murphy, McGinn, Collins, McGahey, Higdon, Reed
Subs v Leyton Orient: Doyle, Scougall, McNulty, Davies, Porter, McEveley, Turner.

No Cox or Hendo for O's

Seems a bit of a 2nd XI

6 of them are regular starters - and a few of the others have started this season too.

I'm not saying it looks a strong line up - but tbh I don't think we have a strong line up at the moment. Baxter is the one player of real quality we have - so he is a big loss.

I would be categorised as a 'knocker' on here I'm sure, but really I won't blame Clough or be particularly disappointed if that side loses tonight. It's reserves v reserves, any result is possible so a win would be nice, but wouldn't read much into it either way.

Davies (2), Flynn (1)

Line up

Howard

Alcock Collins Harris

OH MY GOD DON'T DO THAT !!!
When I saw "Edwards" on the bench I thought ..... "thank fuck for that, at last a striker who can score goals " !!!
Then I realised we were in September 2014 with no decent strikers at the Club and the usual questions being asked about why we can't score !
Well it certainly isn't rocket science that's a fact.
UTB & FTP

Happy with that. Nice to have a bit of a run in this cup as, 2003 apart, I don't remember it happening often.

Happy with that. Nice to have a bit of a run in this cup as, 2003 apart, I don't remember it happening often.

We got to the fourth round in 2007-08 but we are usually shite in this competition.

That was the season we smashed Morecambe 5-0 at home.

Judging by the match report, a good defensive performance. Glad that we made it work with six changes, hopefully a couple of players will have impressed enough to put them back in the picture again. Delighted with a goal for Higdon and a cross assist from Murphy. Will hopefully give them more confidence.

Clough's team selection on Saturday won't be any easier though!

Hopefully one or both of Baxter and JCR will be approaching match fitness by the weekend

We will be set up not to concede a goal tonight - pack the defence and treat the match as a training exercise for upcoming league games using the cup tactics that worked so well last season.
We will absorb a load of pressure and remain resolute and nick the game 1-0

UTB

I am the fucking Oracle
OR
I just know my shit.

Heed the sooth sayer for he offers wisdom and wise counsel.

Neither clapper or knocker
Just tell it how it is ;)

I am the fucking Oracle
OR
I just know my shit.

Heed the sooth sayer for he offers wisdom and wise counsel.

Neither clapper or knocker
Just tell it how it is ;)

How did the striker that you want to replace with loanees do v Orient Mr Oracle?

How did the striker that you want to replace with loanees do v Orient Mr Oracle?

Morning Swizzers (you are in Cyprus at mo, right?) Othewise, good evening.

Please show me the passage where I called for Higdon to be replaced
You will be able to find posts that state we need more/better strikers but not one stating that Higdon needs to be got rid of.
Must be confusing me with someone else as annoying as me :D

Morning Swizzers (you are in Cyprus at mo, right?) Othewise, good evening.
Please show me the passage where I called for Higdon to be replaced
You will be able to find posts that state we need more/better strikers but not one stating that Higdon needs to be got rid of.
Must be confusing me with someone else as annoying as me

Good evening mate! Just back to Japan last night.

No confusion me old ;) You didn’t say that Higdon needs to be got rid of, but on the other thread you stated that we needed 2 Strikers in on loan whilst lambasting our current strikers for not taking the guilt edged chances put into them…

As you can see, I refrained from commenting on your last post there yesterday as I feel it’s one that I will come back to in a few weeks/ months…

Where are Deano and Pommpey ,I wonder if they would have managed to get on had we lost ?
I would have tipped 9.43 .

Hang on though, one swallow does not a summer make.

He might have scored after 2 minutes but for the other 75 minutes he contributed his usual amount of nothing. The block of flats in the corner moved about more than him.

Hang on though, one swallow does not a summer make.

He might have scored after 2 minutes but for the other 75 minutes he contributed his usual amount of nothing. The block of flats in the corner moved about more than him.

Really? Even Keith Edwards was impressed with his entire game last night and he has literally done nothing but slag him off all season long......

Back
Top Bottom