Leyton Orient V Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really? Even Keith Edwards was impressed with his entire game last night and he has literally done nothing but slag him off all season long......

I'll defer to Lazy Edwards better judgement, but I wasn't too impressed with Higdon, very static and goal apart never left the ground going for a header.

Overall it was a poor game, but after Saturday it was perfect for us. Get the goal and then sit back, defend tightly and see if Orient could break us down. Which they really never looked likely to do, they were a pale shadow of their side from last season.

I'll defer to Lazy Edwards better judgement, but I wasn't too impressed with Higdon, very static and goal apart never left the ground going for a header.

Overall it was a poor game, but after Saturday it was perfect for us. Get the goal and then sit back, defend tightly and see if Orient could break us down. Which they really never looked likely to do, they were a pale shadow of their side from last season.

He was OK, but nothing special. However, on the occasions he did win headers and hold things up he was too isolated, there was nobody near him to feed off what he was doing. Downside of no Scoogs in the team I think.

...and I gather it could have been Russell Slade's last game. (off to Cardiff).

Hang on though, one swallow does not a summer make.

He might have scored after 2 minutes but for the other 75 minutes he contributed his usual amount of nothing. The block of flats in the corner moved about more than him.

Sorry, Worksop_Blade i'm sure you're right, but I wasn't referring to his performance as i've only seen him the once v Bristol, so i'm not in a position to judge. But i was responding to our Ken's comments on another thread about goals winning games... :)

As you can see, I refrained from commenting on your last post there yesterday as I feel it’s one that I will come back to in a few weeks/ months…

The "Odds" one for BTL around his £10 bet or the "Oracle" one?

Don't forget, I predicted Brizzle at home for the first game of the season.

... and I predict we will be ball number 6 for tonight's draw of the last 16 and we will get a home tie :D

... and I predict we will be ball number 6 for tonight's draw of the last 16 and we will get a home tie :D
Only this one, but as I said, I was keeping my powder dry, but as you claim to be the oracle, thought I'd just mention it in passing
http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/loan-signing-this-week.36112/page-2#post-651900

Only this one, but as I said, I was keeping my powder dry, but as you claim to be the oracle, thought I'd just mention it in passing
http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/loan-signing-this-week.36112/page-2#post-651900

A well thought out and constructed piece of prose that Swizzers :) - #whatsamatterwithya?

Looking forward to you wiping the floor with my words as we bash in 90+ goals by the end of the season and Higgy has broken through that wall that I mentioned. See - I didn't call for Higgy to be replaced - just that he appears to be struggling to get to the pace of L1 after smoking spliffs in the Dutch league fot the last year.

Bulletproof Ken

A well thought out and constructed piece of prose that Swizzers :) - #whatsamatterwithya?

Looking forward to you wiping the floor with my words as we bash in 90+ goals by the end of the season and Higgy has broken through that wall that I mentioned. See - I didn't call for Higgy to be replaced - just that he appears to be struggling to get to the pace of L1 after smoking spliffs in the Dutch league fot the last year.

Bulletproof Ken
Ha ha indirectly it was a call to replace... Unless of course you intend for us to bring in two loan strikers and not play them... :)

You better Strap on your Kevlar vest....

He was absolutely shite last night aside from scoring a goal, which was a good header. He barely moves, had no touch and won nothing in the air after that.

I'm not writing him off, I'm sure he has the ability and I've only seen him play twice. But he was shite.

Ha ha indirectly it was a call to replace... Unless of course you intend for us to bring in two loan strikers and not play them... :)

You better Strap on your Kevlar vest....

Need four functioning strikers in any successful side - Warnock taught us that and it's the model most employ (Pearce at Forest e.g.)
So,
McNuts is a rookie and will take time to come good but I like his potential and his attitude
Porter is not going to be the one / hasn't been the one / contributes more to the terrace humour than the GF column
Higgy is trying to get over (or through) that wall - may be your "strap-on" should be deployed there?
Baxter is not an out and out striker and is more of an AM, to my mind - valuable to the team but unlikely to bash in 20+ goals

Adding two good strikers to this squad will make a World of difference - and I am not counting on the bloke doing bird after doing a bird

.... and I'll leave you to do what ever you want with your "strap-on" thanks ;)

Whats really worrying after hearing the bad comments regarding Higdon,Cloughy thought he played well last nighto_O

Really? Even Keith Edwards was impressed with his entire game last night and he has literally done nothing but slag him off all season long......

Don't think he was....Edwards is very guarded in his opinions on Higdon...you have to read between the pauses and ahems.

Good win last night and the performance sounded better.

I always like it when it's a striker that gets the goal.

Hopefully we can find some consistency now and manage to keep clean sheets AND score some (plural) goals in the same games.

Onwards and upwards.

Whats really worrying after hearing the bad comments regarding Higdon,Cloughy thought he played well last nighto_O

I assume that's because he didn't want to criticise a player probably short on confidence and look like a numpty for slating the scorer of the only goal. Trust me, he was absolutely rubbish. He tries to do the right things, right positions, flicks etc, but nothing came off. I'm sure it was just one of those days, but even my missus said "I can't believe he's actually footballer".

She's also scored as many league goals as he has this season, although the Angel Go Mammoth mixed 5-a-side Thursday night league is a bit lower in standard.

One thing that is certain about tonight's draw is that the berk of a presenter on Sky will fuck it up again.

Back
Top Bottom