interesting read todays derbyshire times

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't worry...if he comes here, it'll be undisclosed.. ;)

chesterfield want 2m and to be fair someone whos got 20 goals so far , is in todays market going to be that

Think he's a real long shot for us. We should have made a realistic bid in the summer before he scored 20 goals. No excuse for not being aware of such tallent that's only a 30 minute bus ride from BDTBL

United may well have been aware of a striker 30 minutes down the road who scored 13 goals in 51 appearances in all competitions, 11 of them in the 4th division.

Maybe those stats were the excuse they had for not making a bid?

Just a thought.

Nearest dropping off points for number 43 and 44 bus from Chesterfield is London Road. The 43 and 44 bus doesnt go through Bramall Lane anymore
No wonder we've not signed him yet then! Andy Garner was at the Chesterfield match on tuesday

chesterfield want 2m and to be fair someone whos got 20 goals so far , is in todays market going to be that

clayx reckons you can discount the southern clubs because he says Doyle doesn't want to move down South

Personally, we all know in the vast majority of cases, money talks and if these reports are accurate, our chances of landing him are slim

clayx reckons you can discount the southern clubs because he says Doyle doesn't want to move down South

Personally, we all know in the vast majority of cases, money talks and if these reports are accurate, our chances of landing him are slim

Who the fuck is this mystical clayx? Is it some spy? Oooh Spy that takes me back.

I live and work in Chesvegas and know quite a few Spirites who go regularly. The general consensus is if someone offers a million grab it! This is a guy who only scored 11 goals in a 4th division championship winning team. Take out his penalties and there is a big hole in his 20 this season ( I remember the same argument when we sold our top scorer a while back!). Missed two sitters against Crawley this week.
For me it's got to be Bradshaw!
UTB!

I live and work in Chesvegas and know quite a few Spirites who go regularly. The general consensus is if someone offers a million grab it! This is a guy who only scored 11 goals in a 4th division championship winning team. Take out his penalties and there is a big hole in his 20 this season ( I remember the same argument when we sold our top scorer a while back!). Missed two sitters against Crawley this week.
UTB!
He's certainly a very different player to Blackman, doyle looked excellent when I saw him

Nobody will pay £2m for him hes not worth that much, could be a one season wonder
If he had previous seasons where he had been prolific maybe, remember Paddy Madden at Yeovil, Doyle could go the same way

You have to wonder why Paul Cook is more than happy to sell him when they have a chance of the play offs!
UTB!
Without disrespect to Chesterfield, they have just come up this season and whilst they're pushing hard, they perhaps know that now is the time to maximise the money they get for Doyle, both in terms of his form and the Jan transfer being the time to get the highest price. That money will probably buy them 3-4 players, which must be an incentive.

UTB!

Saw Doyle a couple of times and never really rated him. Never thought in my life anyone would offer seven figures for him. Either I know nowt or he isn't all that. Either are of equal possibility.

Back
Top Bottom