IamA: I am Christian Nadé, ex striker for the Blades. Ask me anyhting!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is on my birth certificate.

Besides, we live in portmodern times. I can spell it however I like if that's what I want. Don't impose your rules upon my identity.

There is on my birth certificate.

Besides, we live in portmodern times. I can spell it however I like if that's what I want. Don't impose your rules upon my identity.

If you were Christian Nade, you'd realise you were French. And you'd therefore also know the rules regarding your name are the French state's not mine, and they don't allow you to change the spelling of your surname. In France you can't even choose your own first name if it isn't already on a prescribed list of approved names - each with fixed spelling.

If you were Christian Nade, you'd realise you were French. And you'd therefore also know the rules regarding your name are the French state's not mine, and they don't allow you to change the spelling of your surname. In France you can't even choose your own first name if it isn't already on a prescribed list of approved names - each with fixed spelling.

You need to wind your fucking neck in sunshine. I've already said that it's Nadé on my birth certificate, not Nade, so I wouldn't need to change anything, would I. Give your head a wobble.

Hi Christian. Thanks for offering us this fabulous opportunity to get to the real nitty-gritty of your time with the Blades.

So tell me, what are portmodern times? And more importantly, how do they affect your astacological studies?

Hi Nade, I pissed my pants when you scored past Arsenal, can you give me £20 for replacements after all these years?

My responsibilities at SUFC were to score awesome goals against Arsenal and assist Colin Kazim-Richards to score goals against Bolton. Your bowels aren't my responsibility I'm afraid. See a doctor though; they might be able to help.

Hi Christian. Thanks for offering us this fabulous opportunity to get to the real nitty-gritty of your time with the Blades.

So tell me, what are portmodern times? And more importantly, how do they affect your astacological studies?

I believe that the fall of the Berlin Wall was the end of modernity in the sociological sense. I would say it is mostly a state of complete pluralism, where there are no fixed ideologies or metanarratives, giving the individual ultimate responsibility in develop their identity and sense of self. My dad was mates with Jean-Paul Sartre (he only lived 15km from my house) and they spend a lot of time talking about existentialism and identity, although that was obviously before the wall fell. My dad often wonders what Sartre would think of today's world.

I believe that the fall of the Berlin Wall was the end of modernity in the sociological sense. I would say it is mostly a state of complete pluralism, where there are no fixed ideologies or metanarratives, giving the individual ultimate responsibility in develop their identity and sense of self. My dad was mates with Jean-Paul Sartre (he only lived 15km from my house) and they spend a lot of time talking about existentialism and identity, although that was obviously before the wall fell. My dad often wonders what Sartre would think of today's world.
Ahhh, I see. You meant postmodern, not portmodern :)

Well there still seem to be one or two extant metanarratives. God is not dead?

Also isn't all this a bit parochial? What were the metanarratives growing up in the Ivory Coast for instance?

The male G spot is located up the arse so I'm mildly curious but 'no harm done' is very optimistic. It depends how gentle the person is - you can do a lot of damage if you're not careful. I suggest to try it with someone you trust, Ziggy.

Well there still seem to be one or two extant metanarratives. God is not dead?

You've got to make allowances for the fact that I was talking in generalities. I wasn't literally saying that there are absolutely no metanarratives for any people at all, but rather that they have become undermined in an age of pluralism. Of course, if you believe any particular metanarrative then you probably don't recognise postmodernity anyway.

Also isn't all this a bit parochial? What were the metanarratives growing up in the Ivory Coast for instance?

Again, I'm generalising. I'll be writing my magnum opus on the subject once I've retired. Right now I need to score enough goals to keep playing for long enough to finance my future academic endeavours. Either score enough goals, or work well enough as a big lad up front, enabling others to score goals.

Edit: Btw, did you eat all the pies? I'm getting blamed for it.

Who do think would win in a bare knuckle fist fight between Malcolm Rifkind and Screech out of Saved by the Bell?

Christy..was Danny Webber willing to help you out in your assimilation into Sheffield life? Did Paddy Kenny buy any greasy chip butties?

Jon Bon

Rifkin is a Conservative MP, so I'd say that Screech will win if it's the actor at his current age but Rifkin will be unstoppable if it's Screech as an underage teenager with a breaking voice. He just won't be able to help himself.

Back
Top Bottom