Hecky - Never giving the fans any information

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
As much as a good guy he is, does anyone not get frustrated with his interviews and press conferences? When people ask him questions he never gives a straight answer and doesn't actually answer any questions properly like most managers.

"What's going on with Jebbo?"
Hecky: "He's not well"
Okay Hecky but what's wrong with him? Do we know when he will return? Is it something that is being kept personal with his family and he doesn't want the fans to know? Just tell us some information and stop keeping it away from the fans.

That's just a prime example on why Hecky frustrates me. Anyone else feel the same way?

As much as a good guy he is, does anyone not get frustrated with his interviews and press conferences? When people ask him questions he never gives a straight answer and doesn't actually answer any questions properly like most managers.

Okay Hecky but what's wrong with him? Do we know when he will return? Is it something that is being kept personal with his family and he doesn't want the fans to know? Just tell us some information and stop keeping it away from the fans.

That's just a prime example on why Hecky frustrates me. Anyone else feel the same way?
100% agree! Just an outline of where hes at would be enough.real personal stuff is not necessary.

If its contract negotiations like we had with Illiman! Why is it so secret !.

In fairness, the less our opponents know about who we could field the better (I am trying to delude myself with the idea that we could have more of a chance of winning a game).

In fairness, the less our opponents know about who we could field the better (I am trying to delude myself with the idea that we could have more of a chance of winning a game).
The other team won't prepare any differently though, we've always played 5 at the back and play the same way. Our opponents will just put out the strongest team they possibly can which has been the case every game except for Brighton who rested Mitoma and Joao Pedro due to the fact they just played in the Europa League.

The other team won't prepare any differently though, we've always played 5 at the back and play the same way. Our opponents will just put out the strongest team they possibly can which has been the case every game.
Don't think the Prince gags him it's Heckies way

The other team won't prepare any differently though, we've always played 5 at the back and play the same way. Our opponents will just put out the strongest team they possibly can which has been the case every game except for Brighton who rested Mitoma and Joao Pedro due to the fact they just played in the Europa League.

Yes, but there's more to football than 'strongest team possible', tactics will be influenced by who's playing. It is more beneficial to keep return times under wraps. As for telling the fans, I wont lose sleep not knowing when Jebbo will be back to score 0 goals.

Yes, but here's more to football than 'strongest team possible', tactics will be influenced by who's playing. It is more beneficial to keep return times under wraps. As for telling the fans, I wont lose sleep not knowing when Jebbo will be back to score 0 goals.
I agree, and the opponents won't lose sleep over Jebbo either, so tell us what's going on with him Hecky! And for RND, even if he's out for the season again just tell us. We would rather know the bad news than not know at all.

Although we aren't the biggest of news for journos nationally but /regionally and especially locally we have a large following. If Hecky was asked how is such and such and he either a) goes into full details he has x condition that is touch and go on his playing career, it would cause a local media storm, if not maybe touch the bottom of BBC Football, if he says expect him back next week and he isn't playing next week, the question and everyone on here be asking is why. Playing off a question/giving a "politicians answer" isn't always the worse thing to do. I would rather he doesnt make promises he can't keep.

What questions do you need answering from Hecky?
What side of the cheese grater was used or was it the old style with clamp and cylindrical turning handle? Oh, and why don't you grow a pair and fucking have a go at teams, especially at home.

He's like two of the guys in my team at work. He identifies what the problem is - thought he spoke very well about Saturday and where we were shit and was really honest about it not being good enough.

However, that's all rendered complete and utter bollocks when we go out next Saturday and do exactly the same!

The time for talking is over. If we don't see a visceral reaction on Saturday, then I really don't know how he can stay in charge.

Has it occurred to you that he has evaded giving specifics regarding Jeb as the answer is potentially insensitive ?

He owes explanations on team performances as he is ultimately responsible (albeit he should be expecting more from the players).

Nothing more than that.

UTB

What if Jebbison hasn’t agreed for him to reveal such personal information have you thought about that? You might think we have a right to know but we don’t really do we?

? What questions do you need answering from Hecky

How about why are we playing Archer as a long ball target man? Why is our midfield overrun every game? Why can’t we try to adapt during the game? To me,more relevant than needing more info about Jebbisons illness. The lad is entitled to some privacy, which Heckys reply suggests.

It's a difficult one, on one hand I think he has the right approach to keep his cards close to his chest as annoying as it is for us fans, but then on the other hand I think all it does is encourage gobshites like Darren Smith to leak information anyway

No other club is worried about us and who we field especially with our tactics.

Yes, every team we play are shocked, stunned and immediately unsettled by the fact we have absolutely no intention of engaging them in a game of association football.

He might as well say we are playing the youth team if he thinks one or two players are injured and has to keep that it secret.

Re Jebbo, he's been receiving treatment at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital for something and a rumour exists, that hasn't been confirmed and so I won't post the nature of it, just incase its true.

His Press Interviews are like some Cosa Nostra and Freemasons secret meeting rolled into one. Has he signed the official secrets act or something? If something does slip out in conversation will he be wearing a yellow jump suit in Guantanamo Bay?? To be honest a lot of Blades don’t give a shiny shit at the moment, just say it as it is.

His Press Interviews are like some Cosa Nostra and Freemasons secret meetings rolled into one. Has he signed the official secrets act or something? If something does slip out in conversation he’ll be wearing an orange jump suit in Guantanamo Bay?? To be honest a lot of Blades don’t give a shiny shit at moment, just say it as it is.
What side of the cheese grater was used or was it the old style with clamp and cylindrical turning handle? Oh, and why don't you grow a pair and fucking have a go at teams, especially at home.
I’d rather have cheese grated my bell end and then put vinegar on it than watch that shite last Saturday.

You can just imagine the panic in the opposition dressing room when they read that Jebbo is on the bench……..😉

Back
Top Bottom