I am amazed yet at a loss

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think so. I think it's negligible, at best.
The vision of passing is something that can't be passed onto to Osbourne as a central midfield player for a start, why do you think that the manager started him Infront of Osbourne today, despite just returning from injury?

He offers more than Osbourne.
Well some might argue a blind wheelbarrow with a busted wheel offers more than Ozzy so the bar is a bit low there - I don’t agree btw I like Ozzy, the issue for me is not individual players- it’s the same with the consistent singling out of Sander and at times Ollie N and McB - it’s the shape and formation and I am afraid I am looking at Paul and the coaching staff here ( and the owners regards the lack of reinforcement in the JTW)
All the players that get singled out play well when in a position that plays to their strengths and in a shape that befits the position/role asked of them)
But they have under par performances when this isn’t the case - despite the frustration for them with regards to investment/injuries the management/coaching has to get a bit more savvy
Also we have had an horrendous season injury wise and too many games in a short time and some players have been pushed in earlier/played more minutes than they should which complicates things even more and has led to more individual errors and fitness issues and of course more injuries too
As has been eloquently stated on here we need Furious and RND back asap - hopefully we can get a bit more savvy to still be in a reasonable position when they do get back

Well some might argue a blind wheelbarrow with a busted wheel offers more than Ozzy so the bar is a bit low there - I don’t agree btw I like Ozzy, the issue for me is not individual players- it’s the same with the consistent singling out of Sander and at times Ollie N and McB - it’s the shape and formation and I am afraid I am looking at Paul and the coaching staff here ( and the owners regards the lack of reinforcement in the JTW)
All the players that get singled out play well when in a position that plays to their strengths and in a shape that befits the position/role asked of them)
But they have under par performances when this isn’t the case - despite the frustration for them with regards to investment/injuries the management/coaching has to get a bit more savvy
Also we have had an horrendous season injury wise and too many games in a short time and some players have been pushed in earlier/played more minutes than they should which complicates things even more and has led to more individual errors and fitness issues and of course more injuries too
As has been eloquently stated on here we need Furious and RND back asap - hopefully we can get a bit more savvy to still be in a reasonable position when they do get back
Can we then agree that Osbourne is not an natural central midfield player?

Do you think Doyle improved things today?

Thought he was probably our worst player (again). Really not sure what he offers.
Today no .. but Berge was worse .. and first half they bypassed the midfield..I judge him over the his previous appearances .. using that measure have all have all midfielders been game in game out consistent .. Berge has been anonymous in consistently sine WC break ? On the first half performance I could have subbed 1-11 .
The only time any of the midfield got involved was when Ndiaye was introduced for someone dropping short to pick the ball up

Today no .. but Berge was worse .. and first half they bypassed the midfield..I judge him over the his previous appearances .. using that measure have all have all midfielders been game in game out consistent .. Berge has been anonymous in consistently sine WC break ?

I really struggle to think of games Doyle has had a big influence on.
Millwall away, his debut against Blackburn (or Reading) at home... he does well when we're dominating.
When it's 50/50 he struggles. When the tide is against us, he's nowhere.

I honestly couldn't even see him first half against Millwall.

I really struggle to think of games Doyle has had a big influence on.
Millwall away, his debut against Blackburn (or Reading) at home... he does well when we're dominating.
When it's 50/50 he struggles. When the tide is against us, he's nowhere.

I honestly couldn't even see him first half against Millwall.
He was excellent against West Brom away too, setting up Ndiaye's goal though it was Baldock who had the penultimate touch.. He's also now scored 2 and assisted 5 times in 1,268 minutes.

Meanwhile Osborn has just the 1 goal and 1 assists from a very similar 1,189 minutes.

The drop off from Doyle has been incredible. He's gone from a solid all round Champ midfielder to a passenger. Maybe it's the injuries.

Other than his debut, I've never really rated Doyle.
I know I'm in a bit of a minority on it, but I'd expected a lot more from him.
I'm not entirely sure what he offers in an area where we are desperate for someone to offer something.
The fact I'm not sure whether he's any better than Osborn, Fleck or Coulibaly .. 32 games in, says a lot.

Back
Top Bottom