Crowd-fund & buy the prince's half?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
I'm aware this sounds really far-fetched but desperate times and all that...

I don't know loads about crowd-funding but I'm aware it's a now a popluar way of people raising money and amounts upward of £50 million have been raised in the past.

Could we crowdfund around £10million (is this figure about right?), buy out the prince's half (1or 2 million?), invest the rest, get promoted, have another crowdfunder once in the championship to buy out McCabe (at least the Football club half if not the whole business), get to the Prem and then run the club from the TV money and sell-up for a good price once a proper billionaire shows up?

Thats 50,000 people putting £200 each in and we've got the whole world's population of 7 billion people to appeal to. Surely there's 50,000 people out there willing to front £200 on team that attracts 20,000 per home game in the 3rd tier of english football?

First step is to find out for sure what McCabe and Al would each want for their half of the club.

I think it's a crap idea,sorry I mean none starter.

What incentives are there for people who aren't supporters to chuck money at this?
What incentive is there for people who ARE supporters to chuck money at this on top of the cash they already spend going to games, buying merchandise etc?

If the money raised doesn't get the team promoted on the first attempt then what, when the money runs out who will bankroll the club?

Far too many questions to make this a viable option for me.

Some quality blue-sky thinking though :)

Rather than Crowd fund to buy 50% wouldn't it be better to crowd fun to buy a small stake in the club and build up a minority shareholding

You might be right, but can anyone confirm that figure?

That is the figure that I heard he might accept for cash, i.e. a lump sum, not part payments, or down payments. I think he still hopes to get 50 million.

Which is why no one is ever going to buy a division 3 club when you can buy a championship club for less.............

What incentives are there for people who aren't supporters to chuck money at this?
What incentive is there for people who ARE supporters to chuck money at this on top of the cash they already spend going to games, buying merchandise etc?

If the money raised doesn't get the team promoted on the first attempt then what, when the money runs out who will bankroll the club?
:)

1)The same incentive as to why anyone invests in a football club I imagine?
2) 'd rather buy a season ticket AND invest a further £200 in the knowledge that money WILL be spent improving the team, rather than just buy a seaon ticketand be totally unsure if investment will be made.
3) Then we failed but at least we tried. Sell our half for a collective £1, I wont miss the the £200 in the long term.

KMcs investment as at 2014 ( in the football club that is) is £37 million. HRH at September last year is £12 million.

The ground/academy etc isn't in the football club accounts and that's valued at around £25 million ( from memory) in the SU Ltd accounts. With an equivalent amount of debt.?

That is the figure that I heard he might accept for cash, i.e. a lump sum, not part payments, or down payments. I think he still hopes to get 50 million.

Which is why no one is ever going to buy a division 3 club when you can buy a championship club for less.............

So we have a Brealey situation, in other words?

History is so repetitive.

Rather than Crowd fund to buy 50% wouldn't it be better to crowd fun to buy a small stake in the club and build up a minority shareholding

Interesting. But with less than 50% we can be out-voted on anything right?

1)The same incentive as to why anyone invests in a football club I imagine?
2) 'd rather buy a season ticket AND invest a further £200 in the knowledge that money WILL be spent improving the team, rather than just buy a seaon ticketand be totally unsure if investment will be made.
3) Then we failed but at least we tried. Sell our half for a collective £1, I wont miss the the £200 in the long term.

1) And what's that in relation to a mediocre 3rd division club with high running costs?
2) If investment is already there and being used to keep the club running (even at inflated costs for a team in our position), is it not still investment or do you mean additional monies on top of the running costs that have to be covered.
3) Who would you sell to for this £1? The club could and would likely go under before a buyer willing to put cash in was found.

HRH has invested in a depreciating asset, some you win, some you lose. He could have bought shares in a company that underperformed and lost money that way, same thing. Ole Kev has been quite astute, basically he's mugged the prince.

It's like getting a bird to live with you, she pays the running costs, not the mortgage though. Even her mate moves in to help cook tea and answer the phone etc. Anyway after two years they don't like it any more, so you kick em out!

1) And what's that in relation to a mediocre 3rd division club with high running costs?
2) If investment is already there and being used to keep the club running (even at inflated costs for a team in our position), is it not still investment or do you mean additional monies on top of the running costs that have to be covered.
3) Who would you sell to for this £1? The club could and would likely go under before a buyer willing to put cash in was found.

1)The Premier League is an absolute gold-mine. We're still more likely than many teams to return their one day.
2). Additional monies. Thats why I put a "?" by the 10 million amount, could be a little more or less.
3) Football teams just dont seem to go under for some reason. There's a few teams looked like going to the wall but it never happens.

HRH has invested in a depreciating asset, some you win, some you lose. He could have bought shares in a company that underperformed and lost money that way, same thing. Ole Kev has been quite astute, basically he's mugged the prince.

It's like getting a bird to live with you, she pays the running costs, not the mortgage though. Even her mate moves in to help cook tea and answer the phone etc. Anyway after two years they don't like it any more, so you kick em out!
You don't even have to kick them out. Shag the mate, to divide them, then shag someone else and make sure they both find out.
Then ask them if they're up for a threesome.
And if that doesn't get rid of them, so what, life's good.

You don't even have to kick them out. Shag the mate, to divide them, then shag someone else and make sure they both find out.
Then ask them if they're up for a threesome.
And if that doesn't get rid of them, so what, life's good.
Sooooooooo, you wanna have a threesome with HRH and Kev .................. :rolleyes:

This would be completely unworkable without a wealthy benefactor who has a monthly cash flow in the millions. Like that fella who owns that football club in Sheffield, McCain, is it?

Sure, you buy out the initial £13+ million, but then how do you raise the literal and actual millions needed to run the club? Aren't our owners putting in a million a month to this club or something? Where you gonna source that? A jumble sale? Baking some cupcakes? Down the back of the sofa? It's about long-term stability, which we cannot provide.

Also, the spurious assumption that just because we as fans had put up the dough would mean we would get promoted is ridiculous. If actual football men, professionals who've been in the game for decades in some cases can't send us up, d'you really think Big Bladey Bill down The Cricketers can?

Back
Top Bottom