Bonkers in the 95th................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nice pics mate! A few captions popped into my head straight away but I'll leave them there, don't want to upset the PC brigade (pun intended) on a Saturday night!

Me and Biggeyblade in the top right hand corner of pic 7 celebrating!
You can't whack a last minute goal!

have a close look at picture 4 - there is an old "stand" left built behind the new stand in front.

bit strange is wasn't knocked down.

Presume it might have been their main stand in non league days before the new one was built?

UTB

Is that really a professional football stadium? That stand reminds me of Pond Street bus station.

have a close look at picture 4 - there is an old "stand" left built behind the new stand in front.

bit strange is wasn't knocked down.

Presume it might have been their main stand in non league days before the new one was built?

UTB

Jim Chim's your man for a more detailed review of FTFC, but that stand is bizarre.

The bloke behind me today discussed it with his mate and arrived at the conclusion that it was still ther because it was listed and couldn't be demolished. That may be true, but I doubt it......

The bloke behind me today discussed it with his mate and arrived at the conclusion that it was still ther because it was listed and couldn't be demolished. That may be true, but I doubt it......

I think it was cheaper to leave it standing than knock it down.

I can understand that foxy - problem is, if Fleetwood had done it right, there wouldn't be just 3/4 stand for away standing - away seated supporters wouldn't have to sit near home seated supporters AND, crucially, Fleetwood would make more money.

Having said that - it was a tidy, neat ground and they are a credit to the progress they have made - it does allow fans to dream.

UTB

Jim Chim's your man for a more detailed review of FTFC, but that stand is bizarre.

Was this the same bloke who wanted EEL hauled off in the 1st half :)

Pilley has tried and tried to get that side of the ground re-built but the residents and club members have refused (the building is their old clubhouse).

This used to be the main stand :)

Fleetwood Town (17).JPG

and this was the opposite end to where we were yesterday

Fleetwood Town (16).JPG

to the right is where the main stand is now

Fleetwood Town (18).JPG

when I 1st went there the home fans used to go behind whichever goal they were attacking and then walk round the pitch to the other end at half-time.

Back
Top Bottom