Best goals seen at bramall Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Steve Wigley's solo effort...was it against Blackburn?

Remember Ray McHale hitting a thunderbolt at the Lane too...can't remember who against but it was a big scoreline...5-0?

More recently it has to be Lee Evans v Boro, absolutely superb technique

Loads of great goals over the years, remember the Edwards one and the Wiley one like many have said.

Beagrie also scored a couple or worldies. One against Hull at home if I remember correctly
Boxing day 86 beagrie got 2, one where he twisted and turned and put it in top corner from edge of box and his 2nd was a 30 yard screamer, Mark dempsey bent a free kick from edge of box, this was the first day the scoreboard on the bramall lane end appeared but it froze after the announcement of the first ever blade superdraw winner! 😂
Me and my 2 mates bought the match video but it got lost somehow, still gutted to this day!

Steve Wigley's solo effort...was it against Blackburn?

Remember Ray McHale hitting a thunderbolt at the Lane too...can't remember who against but it was a big scoreline...5-0?

More recently it has to be Lee Evans v Boro, absolutely superb technique
Ray McHale v Southend, November 1983

Ray McHale v Southend, November 1983

Just googled that match and saw the attendance.....9,627....that really wasn't a great time to be a Blade...even after being Div 4 Champions and still under Porterfield...little did we know we had the McEwan reign to come!

Was that Paul Tomlinson's first game in goal, and if so did he save a pen at nil nil ?
If I'm on the right track that'd be my sisters first game, the only other one of the siblings that stayed a Blade.
He did, and followed it with a goal kick that reached their penalty area.

A great day. A penalty save, McHale’s strike, a King Keith hat trick, and Wednesday’s first defeat of the season after a 15 match unbeaten run.

Michael Brown against the ferrety Club to make it 2-1 before the chief finished the scoring
A good night

That's it...I was only 11 at the time so memory a bit fuzzy now I'm in my 50's.... 😂
Was 13 and my first time on the South Stand, IIRC when Southend were kicking towards the Kop, one of their players collided with the post and went down for ages hoping to get the game stopped but the ref waved play on. 15 mins later Southend broke away on the counter and tha same player sprung to his feet and tried to get back into the match only to be flagged offside and received a loads of jeers from the crowd.

Lee evans v Boro is/was the best goal ever scored at the lane

And thats a Fallwofield Fact

Saw Pesch's goal vs forest in the play off semi home leg, I actually thought Kabba's goal was at least as good, if not better!

Always reminds me of Gazza vs Scotland.

Now that I think about it, I've been fortunate enough to have seen my fair share of beauties at the lane 😁

• Jags vs boro/Leeds (always felt Leeds shades it)
  • Brown vs pigs
  • Tonge fk vs Wet Spam
  • Kazim-Richards vs Bolton
  • Gillespie vs Charlton
  • Tongey vs Derby, sweet left footed strike arrowed into the top corner IIRC

Sure there's more but these spring immediately to mind.

Last edited:
Saw Pesch's goal vs forest in the play off semi home leg, I actually thought Kabba's goal was at least as good, if not better!

Always reminds me of Gazza vs Scotland.

Now that I think about it, I've been fortunate enough to have seen my fair share of beauties at the lane 😁

• Jags vs boro/Leeds (always felt Leeds shades it)
  • Brown vs pigs
  • Tonge fk vs Wet Spam
  • Kazim-Richards vs Bolton
  • Gillespie vs Charlton
  • Tongey vs Derby, sweet left footed strike arrowed into the top corner IIRC

Sure there's more but these spring immediately to mind.
Do you Mean like the tony Currie goal against Liverpool in 1971 or the Gary hamson goal against Liverpool in 1978 ?

May have been mentioned earlier in the thread but Gareth Taylor scored a brilliant volley against The Scabs at The Kop end. It was either his last game for us or maybe the game he'd been told he was being sold. Can't quite remember now.

May have been mentioned earlier in the thread but Gareth Taylor scored a brilliant volley against The Scabs at The Kop end. It was either his last game for us or maybe the game he'd been told he was being sold. Can't quite remember now.
It was at the Lane End in September 1997. Not his last game for us

That's my memory for you. I was sure there was something about him leaving though. Didn't he take his shirt off and throw it in the crowd or something ?
He thought he was leaving after the 4-1 win at home to Charlton at the end of December 1997 and threw his shirt at the crowd but he was still with us until November 1998!

Once saw Alan Young score a screamer of an overhead kick from (what I remember) as being way out.... mid 1980s. The other thing I remember about him was that he signed for (what was then) big money.... but spent loads of time out injured. Another goal I recall from that era was a mazy run and goal by Steve Wigley... seemed to start from the half way line and beat every opposition player (well maybe not every one!) before scoring at the Lane end. Can't remember the opposition on either occasion (although I'd have a guess that Young's goal might have been against Oxford....)
On a day when Garnacho is (correctly) getting all the plaudits for his spectacular goal; a reminder that we saw an overhead kick of similar quality by Alan Young at Bramall Lane in the 80s!

On a day when Garnacho is (correctly) getting all the plaudits for his spectacular goal; a reminder that we saw an overhead kick of similar quality by Alan Young at Bramall Lane in the 80s!
3-2 victory over Oxford in March 1983? I couldn't see it properly as it was at the Lane end and I was stood near the front of the Kop with my view obscured by the fences.

I remember Jon Harley scoring an absolute rocket and a beauty against Spurs in a pre-season friendly under Warnock. I want to say we won 2-1 and Forte scored the other goal.

Back
Top Bottom