Latest from Kevin McCabe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1danewhitehouse

Reaction score
I attended what was meant to be an evening with Neil Warnock last night. Unfortunately. due to serious personal circumstances, Neill had to cancel. Instead, we heard from Kevin McCabe, Chris Morgan, Michael Brown and Rob Kozluk.

McCabe was asked a few questions and to summarise said the following:-

1. The prince is still very interested and they speak every 2-3 weeks.
2. There are no immediate plans for the kop redevlopment but we keep renewing the planning permission with a view to doing it if we get back to the prem.
3. He will not rest until we are promoted
4. Can't stand in the way of players wanting to move on as long as we're not in the PL...
5. Believes lack of confidence and too many players are the main reasons that we are failing and we need to reduce the size of the squad.

He mentions the PL a lot, did he have any idea how he might implement a plan for us to get there?

Nothing clear cut. Just saying we will keep working to get it right etc. Only took a few questions.

I was there also.

The inference in McCabes remarks were that in view of the size of the squad of senior players, it was impossible to "keep everyone happy", thus the desire to trim the squad.

My interpretation of the "way" in which this was said, was that there are divisions within the squad.

Shocker !!!

UTB

4. Can't stand in the way of players wanting to move on as long as we're not in the PL...

Same old defeatist shit. Did anyone call him out on this?

If they have a contract, and you have a backbone Kevin, they can't go anywhere. Ask any lawyer. And if the agents bother you, report them for tapping up.

If they have a contract, and you have a backbone Kevin, they can't go anywhere. Ask any lawyer. And if the agents bother you, report them for tapping up.

Come on then Mastermind, how do you stop them sulking and make them play well for the remainder of their contract?

Or are we so flush with cash we can continue to pay them while they rot in the reserves?

You can't keep a player whose head has been turned and to be honest, I'm not sure you'd want to.

ISC

Come on then Mastermind, how do you stop them sulking and make them play well for the remainder of their contract?

Or are we so flush with cash we can continue to pay them while they rot in the reserves?

You can't keep a player whose head has been turned and to be honest, I'm not sure you'd want to.

ISC

This is a myth. A defeatist excuse.

A few players will do this. Most will get on with their jobs and do their best:

But hey, what do I know. The current hand wringing strategy ("we can't keep hold of them! I'm frightened of Mark Rankine!") has served us so well!

ISC

If we can pay off Clough and his staff off early then we can pay some of these twats off early. Most of their contracts run out next summer.

Although in McCabe's deluded little world he will think there is a transfer fee to be got from some of these wasters.

I attended what was meant to be an evening with Neil Warnock last night. Unfortunately. due to serious personal circumstances, Neill had to cancel. Instead, we heard from Kevin McCabe, Chris Morgan, Michael Brown and Rob Kozluk.

McCabe was asked a few questions and to summarise said the following:-

1. The prince is still very interested and they speak every 2-3 weeks.
2. There are no immediate plans for the kop redevlopment but we keep renewing the planning permission with a view to doing it if we get back to the prem.
3. He will not rest until we are promoted
5. Believes lack of confidence and too many players are the main reasons that we are failing and we need to reduce the size of the squad.
So basically McCabe is still full of shit. Did anyone ask what he thinks about leading us to the worst period in our entire history?

Same old defeatist shit. Did anyone call him out on this?

No because those that attended will have been the Mcabe apologists who like the RS and Sheffield Star won't ask searching questions.

ISC
Lets say Murphy wasn't sold, he sulked and put in 50% of the effort he normally would put in. How much worse off would we be?

Revolution,

You naevity is child like.
Just ask Raheem Sterling, Saurez and Ronaldo who all got the moves they wanted whilst under contract.
But I suppose Liverpool and Manchester Utd don't have the balls and must be selling clubs?
Think the 200 million in transfer fees probably had a lot to do with that

Revolution,

Just ask Raheem Sterling, Saurez and Ronaldo who all got the moves they wanted whilst under contract.
But I suppose Liverpool and Manchester Utd don't have the balls and must be selling clubs?

Apples and oranges. You don't turn down 80m quid.

Child like - fuck off. We always fold. Other clubs don't. It's business. Behave like businessmen. Learn something from Daniel Levy screwing us on Naughtons sell on. This club needs to grow some balls.

And I've got good deals in commercial negotiations against people with a lot more savvy than some of the agents we fold up to.

Revolution,

But yet Huddersfield and Leeds managed to keep onto Rhodes and Beckford until they were promoted. Strange that.

I was there also.

The inference in McCabes remarks were that in view of the size of the squad of senior players, it was impossible to "keep everyone happy", thus the desire to trim the squad.

My interpretation of the "way" in which this was said, was that there are divisions within the squad.

Shocker !!!

UTB
Two camps against each other.... The shite players vs the wage thieves.

The prince is still "interested" .......they talk every 2-3 weeks! Barny goes more often than that!

Put yourself in the Chairmans position.
What would you do?

1: I'd bring in the best manager for then job who is tried and tested.
Had promotions from league 1, managed a big club with big expectation and it would also help
If that manager had experienced a promotion in the championship.

That kind of cv would be really expensive for any league 1 team
But we have the show ambition and bring in the best.

2: I'd bring in a tried a tested striker with a great record in league 1.
It would be really expensive and we'd be paying massive wages but we have to show ambition.

3: I'd try to prevent PL clubs from coming in a cherry picking a best young players.
When Adams was playing brilliantly at the start of seaso I would give Che Admas a big salary making him one of the better paid players in league 1.

Any more realistic ideas that a pn ambitious club with some moment should do.
Remember think Liverpool not Man City
So we're not going to waste money bringing in a few million pound players and paying massive salaries.

" THE BOARD HAS TOTAL CONFIDENCE IN NIGEL ADKINS"

To be fair you have to have confidence in Adkins it track records proves he knows what he's doing.

It's like Chelsea sacking Mourinho then no top clubs ever wanting him again
Because obviously the multi trophy legendary manager he must be crap because he's been poor for 3 months.

To be fair you have to have confidence in Adkins it track records proves he knows what he's doing.

It's like Chelsea sacking Mourinho then no top clubs ever wanting him again
Because obviously the multi trophy legendary manager he must be crap because he's been poor for 3 months.

I have confidence in Adkins but no faith in some of these players.

No harm in having confidence in Adkins. My concern is that Adkins has confidence in the current set of players. JTW will come and go and we are left with what we have.

Back
Top Bottom