Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's all very easy for us older Blades to look at that photo and criticise the way he acts and dresses...

...because he looks a right twat.

You're right Tarquin, as the years slip by, as the seasons change, we forget...we choose to see what we're forced to see...what's the italian for uber-vanity?

Twatisimo!

What a prick this child really is. Fucking loves himself. Fuck off

Interesting matt, the greater the sense of empowerment young Diego has the more I find his self-marketing embarrassing. I suppose I should adopt a greater level of forum 'chills' (just love the street corruption of language - does this plonker actually talk like this???) but I can't bring myself to wrap my head around the number photos it must take for Diego to satisfy himself that he's suitably adorable. There's always Daddy to reassure him that it's the world that's wrong, and that everyone else is envious of his world shattering talent.

You go for it boy, just what the world needs, another oik who thinks he's cool as fuck. Silly, stupid, and as pointless as a life can be.

I don't know any 19 year old boys but isn't this a case of Diego being a normal 19 year old boy rather than concrete proof that he's a big-headed, self-publicist?
Most youths/teenagers take selfies and post them on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook.
They wear "daft" clothes and use "stupid" expressions that meant something else when we were young.
I'm sure somebody who either is or knows a teenager will be able to confirm this.

It's the same for every generation.
What would your parents/grandparents make of the expressions "as cool as fuck", "wrap my head around", "fucking loves himself"?

I don't know any 19 year old boys but isn't this a case of Diego being a normal 19 year old boy rather than concrete proof that he's a big-headed, self-publicist?
They wear "daft" clothes and use "stupid" expressions that meant something else when we were young.
I'm sure somebody who is or knows a teenager will be able to confirm this.

What would your parents/grandparents make of the expressions "as cool as fuck", "wrap my head around", "fucking loves himself"?

Thing is Sothall, if all my opinion was based on was this one photo your comments would be fair.

Of course young males (and females) act in ways that we make fun of, but there's far more to this than one single image. Diego has demonstrated an attitude that goes way beyond wanting to appear 'cool'. He's told Clough what he's prepared to do tactically, that he won't defend because that's not what he does etc, I suppose that's another of Diego's 'cool' traits, and that he assumes he's already the next Divine Ponytail with enough clout to tell his manager what he will and won't do on the pitch.

The Pope must be trembling in his cassock at such behaviour!

Thing is Sothall, if all my opinion was based on was this one photo your comments would be fair.

Of course young males (and females) act in ways that we make fun of, but there's far more to this than one single image. Diego has demonstrated an attitude that goes way beyond wanting to appear 'cool'. He's told Clough what he's prepared to do tactically, that he won't defend because that's not what he does etc, I suppose that's another of Diego's 'cool' traits, and that he assumes he's already the next Divine Ponytail with enough clout to tell his manager what he will and won't do on the pitch.

The Pope must be trembling in his cassock at such behaviour!

What's the source for that. A rumour on here?
I very much doubt that Clough would have picked him for any subsequent match if he'd really said that.
I also doubt that the York manager would be picking him currently if he'd told him "I don't defend"

Nowt wrong with Diego wearing a baseball cap. The question is though, is the baseball cap on backwards or is Diego's head not screwed on right ?
I know which one I'm going for ;)
Yes he does look a twat too, teenagers usually get out of this sort of behaviour by the time they reach 15 LOL you would think he comes from Parson Cross

I very much doubt that Clough would have picked him for any subsequent match if he'd really said that.
I also doubt that the York manager would be picking him currently if he'd told him "I don't defend"

Sorry, just adjusting my baseball cap......the source for this was on the thread 'Diego off' #186. Ask the poster which interview he's referring to rather than assuming it's a rumour? Surely you're not suggesting that a young lad with a few grand could possibly act like a dizzy nob?

Twat in a cap ,he would have to have it surgically turned round.

images

If NC has told him not to wear a cap at the Academy, then he shouldn't. He's the boss, he has the last word and that should be respected.

However if the Italian coaches don't mind then what he does with them is up to him.

I think the boy could do with some media/PR along with personal development training though!

Anybody else under the impression he won't sign for Juventus, Roma, Arsenal, Leicester, Sunderland or any of the other big clubs rumoured? He can't get into a League 1 SUFC team and is currently plying his trade at a relegation threatened League 2 team.

Something doesn't quite add up

Anybody else under the impression he won't sign for Juventus, Roma, Arsenal, Leicester, Sunderland or any of the other big clubs rumoured? He can't get into a League 1 SUFC team and is currently plying his trade at a relegation threatened League 2 team.

Something doesn't quite add up

Hiya Matt, I heard from my mate up in the north east (Sunderland fan) that a deal has been agreed verbally for him to go there in summer. Not confirmed, but he said that it is being talked about amongst their fans as something positive.

I'm sure somebody who either is or knows a teenager will be able to confirm this.

for the most part yes but the ones that wear backwards caps or a cap which says "illegal" or the like on it and make a pose whenever a photo is taken of them they generally are twats of the highest order come across many, then again they would say the same about me for dressing "posh"

Consistency........oh wait?
:)View attachment 10804

Thing is Davie.....one's a proven player at a higher level who couldn't wait to return to the Blades, the other's a youngster who's unproven and turned down a new agreement with the Blades. One has his heart invested in playing for the Blades, the other seeks pastures new.

I know which of the two I want playing for my team.

Probably this piece: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/11680624.Loan_star_craves_first_team_role___with_City_or_Blades/

Relevant section below....

Despite been unhappy at being used on the wing by the Blades during November in between his two loan stints at Bootham Crescent, De Girolamo also has no objections to occupying a role on the flank for City after operating out wide for the majority of last weekend's 3-2 home defeat to AFC Wimbledon when Jake Hyde, Wes Fletcher and Carlton Morris were employed in central attacking positions for longer periods.

"To be fair, playing on the right wing here is a little bit different," De Girolamo reasoned. "With Russ (Penn) just inside of me, he keeps telling me to push on if the ball breaks forward and I know that I can trust him to fill in.

"At United, I was expected to defend more than attack and that's not really my game. As long as I'm attacking, I'm happy and, if it's helping the team out letting Hydey and Wes play up to, I will happily do it."

Isn't it clear evidence that he thinks defending is not really his game?

You're correct, however, I suggest that if he doesn't want/feel able to defend, he'll have little future in pro-football
Hopefully he'll mature and change his philosphy

Clear evidence that he thinks he is bigger than the club

Who can blame him? He's scored 5 grown-up goals in his glittering career, you know. Why on earth should he want advice from proper international and top-flight striker Nigel Clough. Daft Daddy Diego knows best.

As for the hat. It's about discipline and standards not whether it looks ridiculous (it does) or not.

The kid is a novice. He's not in a position to issue statements declaring what his 'game is about'. He should be listening and learning. If he continues on that self-indulgent, arrogant path his game will be about the Conference.

Back
Top Bottom