New Kit for next year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

99.9%Blade

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new kit next year? Rumours about a change in kit manufacturer, in particular Adidas has been banded about. Also possible change of style to commemorate 125 years!

Nothing will be said until the Macron contract expires in a couple of months time.

There is indeed a change in manufacturer.

Adidas - but with blue and white stripes, a nocturnal bird of prey as the badge and 'mr tom' as the new sponsor

That'll teach us for moaning about macron ...

Oh and the fit is 'super slim'

The above May or May not be accurate facts...

I personally don't like the 'thin red stripe' commemorative shirts, just personal preference but it's not Sheffield United in my eyes.

Bring back the lace up collar!

it was the original kit though which was the point

Original kit was all white with blue shorts and socks.

Do not fancy seeing us play in blue and white, so if they're going to just pluck a different kit from history I want the lace up collar!!!

Another idea I would like to throw out there is the scarf we have in the club shop with the gold in between the red and white looks pretty smart, not sure if it would look any good as a shirt but might be worth a try.

I think the white with red pinstripes is the first red and white kit we wore after changing it from white with blue shorts. Would be happy to see it for one season at least, the last few seasons kits have been difficult to get excited about to say the least

If it is going to be adidas I hope they stick to what they've done for the likes of Sunderland and Stoke in terms of proper red and white striped kits.

Sunderland's from last season with White socks would do just fine for me.

orig-sunderland-home-away-2012-13-8592

When someone asked about Adidas kits on Twitter, Jim Phipps said they wont be commenting until July

As well as other violations, see page 7 of Adidas' brand guidelines...

adidas brand guidelines said:
adidas has its own font, called “adiHaus.” It is available from the IT department or download it from the Fonts link on adiWeb... Never use a typeface similar to the adidas Wordmark

The creator of the "when two worlds collide" piece uses a typeface based on the original adidas wordmark. -100 house points for Hufflepuff.

http://bypmedios.com/ContenidosProyectos/FuentesMarcasReconocidas/ADIDAS/ci_BRAND_GL.pdf

By comparison, mattbianco1's commits fewer violations.

It can't just be me who associates puma with the pigs?
Same here, not bought a single Puma item since they sponsored them. Or a Chupa Chup for that matter. In fact years ago I was once shopping with a lass and she bought something and the shop assistant gave here a Chupa Chup with the sale and I made her give it back.

adidas brand guidelines said:
adidas has its own font, called “adiHaus.” It is available from the IT department or download it from the Fonts link on adiWeb... Never use a typeface similar to the adidas Wordmark.

They can just fuck off. Only one Haus around here.

And I won't be 'Investing in Africa.'

I'm not getting too excited, let's be honest it all went down hill when we changed from Umbro, the best manufacturer we have had IMO. Avec and Macron not exactly market leaders!!!! Nor the best designed kits, some half decent efforts amongst them, but non that will go down as vintage. Speaking of which hats off to the young girl donning a circa mid 80s home shirt in St Joseph's social club near wembley last week. It had number 4 on the back and the full written Arnold laver sponsor on the front in white prior to it being reduced to just Laver ..... looked like a players shirt and hand me down from dad, best vintage shirt I saw on the day!! ....... Tony Kenworthy perhaps..? Older posters will probably correct me on who wore number 4in them days as I have a very vague early/mid 80s recollections.

Watching Athletico Madrid last night, must say I liked their kit (black shorts for us, natch). And no, that's not Porter wheeling away after another wonder goal.

_72384644_020700390-1.jpg

It seems the likes of Macron can't stop faffing about with the design - illegible players names on the back, material the consistency of cardboard etc.

Back
Top Bottom