Forest deducted four points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought I heard on radio they were actually given 6 points deduction but because they held their hands up over Johnson they dropped it to 4

Am I wrong?
You are right that the club hasn't achieved its aims. However, the owner has signed at least 12 players and spent approximately £60m on transfers. I imagine he thought this would improve us. It hasn't. If these players had done well, I do not think you'd be critical. The blame lies with the management and the recruitment staff, who have signed inadequate players. Any owner can only trust these people to get it right. We haven't and it's that simple.

Well it does mean something. We've got 4 points less than we had this morning and if the league ended tomorrow we'd be down.

Why would I give a fuck about Forest or Everton for that matter? We aren't good enough we are going down without a shadow of a doubt, prepare for the championship relegation battle guys.

Well it does mean something. We've got 4 points less than we had this morning and if the league ended tomorrow we'd be down.
It doesn’t end tomorrow and it’s barely a drop in the ocean of the cheating your club has done, you know it stinks, not only the decision but the fact they’ve made the decision straight after the Luton game, bent as fuck, everything about it stinks to high heaven.

This financial and profitable bililty is a joke. Points deduction mean nothing, especially when they can appeal.
It should be automatic relegation. They would be more quaint with their spending then. Football is becoming a joke
this is almost rewarding cheating

23/24 £131m spent on 17 players (net spend £50m)
22/23 £195m, 29 players (£190m net)
21/22 £7m, 17 players (£6m net)

So in last 3 years they’ve seen 63 new faces, with a net spend of £327m for only 4 points

I like to take the moral high ground, but if a rich owner comes in and says yeah fuck it, huge squad overhaul, daft wages, spunkin £300+m and they want to dock me 4 measly points in 3 years time?
IMG_3516.gif

Given all the comments from opposition supporters saying that we are 'stinking out the Premier League ' it would slightly amuse me if we were to somehow stay up and proceed to stink out the Premier League again next season.

Both these decisions could relegate Forest and Everton, it is not a meaningless punishment. If us and Burnley were not so absolutely gash, it would be even more threatening. I really don't know how X spend should be translated in X punishment ?. But however shifty some clubs are being to get around this, there is obviously a check on spending and what Everton and Forest have experienced will caution a lot of clubs.

this is almost rewarding cheating

23/24 £131m spent on 17 players (net spend £50m)
22/23 £195m, 29 players (£190m net)
21/22 £7m, 17 players (£6m net)

So in last 3 years they’ve seen 63 new faces, with a net spend of £327m for only 4 points

I like to take the moral high ground, but if a rich owner comes in and says yeah fuck it, huge squad overhaul, daft wages, spunkin £300+m and they want to dock me 4 measly points in 3 years time?
View attachment 180742
The thing about the £326m spent over the past two years, is that it's amortised over the length of the contracts. So only about £40m-£50m will have hit in 2022-23, and when the current year accounts are published there will be a £70m-£80m hit, and the same again for the next couple of years. Unless they can sell some of them for more than their accounts value, they are well up the creek for a few years.

Heard a bit on five live earlier, apparently prem league wanted a 10 point deduction but the other panel said it should only be 6 and because they have not argued the case it was dropped to 4

Couldn't believe it when I heard it, FFP punishments are an absolute joke and that's just basically said to the rest of the league that you won't get punished appropriately for breaking the spending rules.

Yeah. Not saying that it means we shouldve spent what we have. But it shows something about the disparity for teams coming up.

Yours would've been similar in 2019.

Just you watch, Luton pull their cunt out to stay up by a 3 points, only for the fucking bent Premier League to reinstate Forests 4 points after appeal…I sincerely hope the scabs still need the points when they come to BDTBL…I will happily forget the previous 9 months if we can bring them down with us.
Would be happy to see them come down with us.

You are right that the club hasn't achieved its aims. However, the owner has signed at least 12 players and spent approximately £60m on transfers. I imagine he thought this would improve us. It hasn't. If these players had done well, I do not think you'd be critical. The blame lies with the management and the recruitment staff, who have signed inadequate players. Any owner can only trust these people to get it right. We haven't and it's that simple.
We had to spend £30m of that to try and keep the fans quiet having sold Ndiaye and Berge. We seemingly had no plan in place to effectively replace either. The Archer deal is also a complete farce because it’s a convoluted loan contract and as a result he’s never really been bought in from day one.

You’re right though, if we’d have done well I wouldn’t have been critical, that’s the point though, we haven’t done well. It’s down to the fact that we made ridiculous decisions that were called out by many at the time and we’ve seen the consequences for a whole season.

It’s ok though, Chris and Abdullah have their heads together on next season so we’ll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom