Vinicius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he’s given a set role and players around him to compliment that I think he can be really effective. We need him to be what he can be and be where he is effective and he’ll be better. Same with Hamer. It’s hard to get the right blend and we definitely weren’t doing that. Brooks energy helped them both I think too.

Well done for making a post congratulating Vini Souza for a great performance into once criticising McBurnie who wasn't even playing.

Do you post about anything else?
Not uncommon for his apologist twatter chums to come leaping.

I’ll continue to tell it as it actually is 👍.

UTB

Well done for spectacularly missing the point.
Your point being to dig me out ?

No I got it.

I’m guessing my telling it as it actually is will not meet with your approval and so I could suggest the ignore button ?

Like all the other apologists who don’t accept what is in plain sight 😃.

UTB

No I got it.

I’m guessing my telling it as it actually is will not meet with your approval and so I could suggest the ignore button ?

UTB
My point being that there are countless McBurnie threads you could have given us all the benefit of your wisdom on. Instead, you attempt to derail a thread about Vini Souza, a player who's not had the easiest of starts to his United career but who put in a decent performance last night. I appreciate that this argument may be a bit complex for you.

I won't put you on ignore because you make me laugh.

Watched the game again today watched Souza close there is a footballer in there

No I got it.

UTB
Keep fighting the good fight, brother. Whilst us sheep keep towing the line, it's brave renegades like you who truly 'tell it like it is.'

I would love to 'tell it like it is' as well, but I'm just too scared to post the truth, anonymously, on a semi-popular Sheffield United forum.

Whatever Chris Wilder told Vini Souza certainly worked.a very good performance.

Makes you wonder if the main reason for Souza improvement relates to Norwood not being in the team.

Under Hecky, Norwood was the main player in midfield, it was a though Norwood would drop deep and every midfielder was ordered to pass the ball to Norwood and last year he would then lump it long towards N’Diaye, this year he lumps it long to McBurnie and if he’s not around incredibly Norwood is told to lump long and high to little Archer or even smaller Traore.

You could say we haven’t had a functioning modifier for 18 months, when Doyle and McAtee were in the team together towards the end of the season we were starting to finally use midfield.

So last night I was interested to see how we would cope without our main man Norwood and to be honest we looked much stronger with Souza enjoying the extra responsibikity.

Makes you wonder if the main reason for Souza improvement relates to Norwood not being in the team.

Under Hecky, Norwood was the main player in midfield, it was a though Norwood would drop deep and every midfielder was ordered to pass the ball to Norwood and last year he would then lump it long towards N’Diaye, this year he lumps it long to McBurnie and if he’s not around incredibly Norwood is told to lump long and high to little Archer or even smaller Traore.

You could say we haven’t had a functioning modifier for 18 months, when Doyle and McAtee were there in some matches towards the end of the season we were starting to finally use midfield.

So last night I was interested to see how we would cope without our main man Norwood and to be honest we looked much stronger with Souza enjoying the extra responsibikity.
the team is totally lopsided and unblanced when norwood plays which considering he is way short of the level required hardly.seems worth the sacrifice
playing him there means hamer and souza are played out of position and rendered useless
heckys weakness was his loyalty to his core group of experienced players and he seemed dead set on sabotsgimg his own team from pre season onwards

You could say we haven’t had a functioning modifier for 18 months, when Doyle and McAtee were in the team together towards the end of the season we were starting to finally use midfield.

Wasn’t at the game and never watch on tv after a defeat ( too painful) but I so much want you to be right about Souza.

Apologies in advance i have not read the whole thread and some of this may have been mentioned before.
Vini was one of my men of the match last night. At last he was allowed to play a functioning role. As well as performing the central midfield role, he took on McBurnie's role as the free defender to attack the ball on corners and did it very well, snuffing out the threat of many of the Liverpool corners.
He can be clumsy through his enthusiasm at times, but he us a tryer.
I believe he "gets" the blades and the crowd. After the Wolves game, he was one of the first to come over to the Kop, beaming and applauding the fans. He wants success, he wants to he adored by us. A passionate Brazilian, a great foil to Hamer.
My final observation was in the minutes before he was subbed last night, he was in the mix in the box for our corner in front of the Kop. The ball broke for a Liverpool counter attack. Who ran at full pelt the whole length of the pitch to tackle their attacker who was sizing up a shot in our penalty area, yes Vini! Very Bashamesque.
He could become a hero in our team. There is a great player in there. Wilder sees it. We must nurture it. Go for it Vini!

My point being that there are countless McBurnie threads you could have given us all the benefit of your wisdom on. Instead, you attempt to derail a thread about Vini Souza, a player who's not had the easiest of starts to his United career but who put in a decent performance last night. I appreciate that this argument may be a bit complex for you.

I won't put you on ignore because you make me laugh.
It's got to the point where I think it's a parody account.

Surely nobody can actually be THAT obsessed with Oli.

If you have the audacity to believe that Oli isn't as bad as genocide or the bubonic plague, you're either an apologist or a crackhead.

Totally agree, it's not just playing Norwood it's then how he influences the play and team on the pitch, he only has one position and one way of playing. He was very effective for us but his time is up and we need to realise the best positions of our new players. Souza is clearly good at running about and breaking up play passing to others to then progress.

No idea what Norwood or heck was telling him but imagine, new club, manager & captain are both telling you to do something, you go with it. Hopefully this is the new start he needs.

By far his best game for us against liverpool, id started to despair about him and after that ive a new found optimism in him

When he came off, and Wilder grabbed him. That's man management we need as a club.

At times in the first half I was wishing he was more comfortable on the ball and more confident in showing himself as an option when we had the ball but fair play he grew into the game and ended up playing very well. Once we had the lead and Brentford were chasing things a bit more that kind of game massively suited him.

The difference in him since wilder took over is amazing, Hamer has improved in the same fashion, Archer has got better because we're more on the front foot, it just goes to show that when you have a plan things and players improve. Also why was slimane overlooked for so long with traore being in front of him under hecky

The difference in him since wilder took over is amazing, Hamer has improved in the same fashion, Archer has got better because we're more on the front foot, it just goes to show that when you have a plan things and players improve. Also why was slimane overlooked for so long with traore being in front of him under hecky

Maybe Slimane wasn’t Heckys decision to sign? Who knows

Souza since Wilder took charge.
1132254915.jpg.jpg

He looked good when coming on. Only going to get better with more minutes

Back
Top Bottom