Vinicius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
Defensively toxic. Everything falls apart around him and surely it’s starting to dawn on the management how many problems stem from this player.

The improvement in our team after he was replaced by Ben Osborn was as clear as a bell.

Can’t cover ground and the more I see of him the more you realise how many of his tackles stem from situations where he should’ve been holding shape and standing his ground.

That’s all before even mentioning his lack of quality and intelligence on the ball.

Drop. Immediately

Defensively toxic. Everything falls apart around him and surely it’s starting to dawn on the management how many problems stem from this player.

Can’t cover ground and the more I see of him the more you realise how many of his tackles stem from situations where he should’ve been holding shape and standing his ground.

That’s all before even mentioning his lack of quality and intelligence on the ball.

Drop. Immediately
hes awful , so slow with or without the ball .big mistake signing this guy unless it was a free
would rather had signed chong ,chodhury or even a daniel johnson type
if we insist on playing norwood this wardrobe cant be alongside him

Drop. Immediately
…and replace with who ?

Is he playing injured? He is getting slower than the start of the season. Granted he is now, back injury

He's definitely making it hard to defend him at times. Most I can say is some of the times our players are getting caught on the ball I'm looking around and wondering why other players aren't screaming for it. There was one today where Souza gets the ball in our third, his back to goal, and players available, and then someone goes through the back of him and nicks it. Might be his fault for being careless but there's also a responsibility on others player to be yelling "Man on" and calling for the ball themselves. Instead our players get the ball and heads are down not wanting the responsibility.

Not sure the knee in the back helped but I agree he still isn't up to speed despite a decent showing against Wolves.

I'm interested to know who in our scouting team recommended him? And if he's been sacked yet? £10 million down the shitter. At least McBurnie & Brewster had delivered the goods in the championship (still not enough to justify their fees) but Souza.. what's he done? Espanyol fans were delighted to be rid of him.

Last edited:
…and replace with who ?
osborn.
He's definitely making it hard to defend him at times. Most I can say is some of the times our players are getting caught on the ball I'm looking around and wondering why other players aren't screaming for it. There was one today where Souza gets the ball in our third, his back to goal, and players available, and then someone goes through the back of him and nicks it. Might be his fault for being careless but there's also a responsibility on others player to be yelling "Man on" and calling for the ball themselves. Instead our players get the ball and heads are down not wanting the responsibility.
that was totally his fault .he took an age before being brushed aside

The improvement in our team after he was replaced by Ben Osborn was as clear as a bell.

Drop. Immediately
Yeah, but have you seen how he protects the penalty spot prior to us taking a last minute spot kick!?

osborn.

that was totally his fault .he took an age before being brushed aside
Not really arguing about how much of the blame people want to give him. Just saying other players need to do their part and it's a more widespread problem than just Souza.

My concern is there should be players around him screaming for the ball before he gets caught. And then there should be players giving him a rollocking for not. But what I'm seeing, and Souza is one of the biggest offenders, granted, is players dwelling on the ball and the lads around them just happy that they aren't stuck with it.

There was one second half where Robinson let the ball bounce, realised he was under pressure, and somehow hooked it away. Same again. Players around need to step up and be telling him to get rid first time. Players need to step up instead of looking relieved that the ball is someone else's problem.

For all of Berges many faults, he nearly alway made himself avaliable for the ball. Vini, never does. One thing he is just as good as berge is heading!

For all of Berges many faults, he nearly alway made himself avaliable for the ball. Vini, never does. One thing he is just as good as berge is heading!
Apparently Berge has been a lot more physical and winning a lot in the air! I wonder if Burnley might be up for a swap in January

Absolutely agree with this its happened many times nobody showing for the ball makes him look a mug

Wasn’t impressed with Souza today. My gran could turn quicker than him and she’s been dead for 40 years

It's where the blades have to do there shopping unfortunately.

The attitude is all wrong. If a signing we made in the summer is actually up to PL standard whoever picked them out deserves a medal. We should expect them to end up being like Souza. Paying that sort of fee for a player with his background is always going to be a punt.

souza was off it today from the kick off he looked half pissed and should have been pulled at half time also dont know what slimane has to do to get a start in our midfield 🤔
I assume Slimane has to get much better at football. He started games pre season, he didn't even get a start in the cup against Lincoln despite being on the bench. Hecky has suggested that he's tactically not up to it and needs to learn.

Normally I’m very reticent about criticising new players , knowing that whilst some appear to hit the ground running and impress from the very start , others take time to bed in and get used to our system, the pace of the English game etc . but in this lad’s case I made an exception .

After watching him for just a few games , I questioned on here what attributes he possessed which would improve our defensive midfield capabilities , pointing out some obvious shortcomings . After watching him several more times since then , I think it’s clear that the answer to this varies between very few or none at all .

His positional sense is appalling and this coupled with his lack of pace , inability to put in a decent tackle and laughingly poor performance in the air for a bloke of his size make him , rather than being an asset , a complete liability in my book .

There are a number of reasons why our defensive record this season has been so abysmally poor , but there is no doubt in my mind that Souza’s performances have been a significant factor in making it so.

He’s absolutely no where near this level , slow , ponderous on the ball & he has the positional sense of a fkg pinball . The only reason I can think he picks him is for his height for defending set pieces due to us generally being team largely made up of midgets but he’s even shite at that
I thought Berge was slow for a big lad but Souza makes him look like Usain Bolt , I can only think Mitchell & the scouting team watched him in a Bible Class Division 8 game or have taken a Cloughesque brown envelope to sight him ?

Back
Top Bottom