Vinicius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought he very fortunate not to be booked in the first half. Particularly within the first 20 mins. Other than that he did well as the majority of the team did.

First half he was ok without doing too much, second half he improved a lot and did very well.

Why does he feel the need to push players two handed in the back when the ball is gone? He will close a player down and they lay it off before he gets there and he just pushes them in the back. Does it literally every single time. I know it’s nothing much but he will get a silly yellow for it at some point when a player uses their loaf and starts going over because it is persistent.

Did he play in the middle? Did he play better as a result?

Colour me shocked.
The new management has definitely given him a few new instructions, a new partner, a new role, which made him work a lot better. I think there's a good chance both he and Hamer can play even better too.

Our MoM according to Whoscored (altho I suspect that might have gone to Bogle if he hadn't been booked)...

1701900348618.png

A few more performances like that I will stop calling him Dean Hammond’s long lost Brazilian cousin.

In all seriousness he was good second half, first half still kept getting wrong side of his man for a defensive midfielder.. but yes easily he’s best performance for us.

Now he needs to do it again on Saturday

The new management has definitely given him a few new instructions, a new partner, a new role, which made him work a lot better. I think there's a good chance both he and Hamer can play even better too.
It’s the role he was bought for

MOM tonight.

Closely followed by

Trusty
Robbo
Archer
Hamer
Wes
Brookes

Notable others

The others 😃.

If you can’t see a difference in our offensive play patterns when we have players at the top of the pitch who ACTUALLY run their knackers off, have a bit of pace about them and press the oppos defenders, there is no hope for you.

With a bit of clinical finishing and / or better decision making (Will Os take note !) we could have been several goals to the good tonight

When is last time we’ve been able to say that ?

Wilder is on to something here. Trusty was a revelation at LB. Sousa did exactly what he was brought in to do for the team tonight and it is pretty clear he has to start in front of Norwood now.

The big call will come up top on Saturday.

Does he come straight back in ?

Should he ?

You know where I stand 😉👀.

UTB

Credit where credit is due. Played well tonight. Will be huge for Wilder if he can get him playing well, because we need a player of his type in this team.

I wanna see more from him still BUT that may be the first time I can say he didn't look lost and also looked like he worked in the side since his debut. (Thought he did ok vs. forest overall)

Interesting to see Wilder gave him a hug after he came off. Reckon he might have the measure of him. Fingers crossed it's the start of something with him cos he cost 10m!

MOM tonight.

Closely followed by

Trusty
Robbo
Archer
Hamer
Wes
Brookes

Notable others

The others 😃.

If you can’t see a difference in our offensive play patterns when we have players at the top of the pitch who ACTUALLY run their knackers off, have a bit of pace about them and press the oppos defenders, there is no hope for you.

With a bit of clinical finishing and / or better decision making (Will Os take note !) we could have been several goals to the good tonight

When is last time we’ve been able to say that ?

Wilder is on to something here. Trusty was a revelation at LB. Sousa did exactly what he was brought in to do for the team tonight and it is pretty clear he has to start in front of Norwood now.

The big call will come up top on Saturday.

Does he come straight back in ?

Should he ?

You know where I stand 😉👀.

UTB
Well done for making a post congratulating Vini Souza for a great performance into once criticising McBurnie who wasn't even playing.

Do you post about anything else?

First half he was ok without doing too much, second half he improved a lot and did very well.

Why does he feel the need to push players two handed in the back when the ball is gone? He will close a player down and they lay it off before he gets there and he just pushes them in the back. Does it literally every single time. I know it’s nothing much but he will get a silly yellow for it at some point when a player uses their loaf and starts going over because it is persistent.
There's a risk involved, but he wants to be an intimidating bastard, make opponents upset and lose focus. If they lose their mind, he'll love it and make a meal of it. If they want to go into a 50-50 it may hurt. In time, a lot of players may start avoiding him. This may benefit us.

There's a risk involved, but he wants to be an intimidating bastard, make opponents upset and lose focus. If they lose their mind, he'll love it and make a meal of it. If they want to go into a 50-50 it may hurt. In time, a lot of players may start avoiding him. This may benefit us.
There is nothing intimidating about it, nothing about it has anything to do with 50-50s and nothing about it would make a player avoid him. I’m talking about silly pushes in the back when the ball is not even there, it’s gone, yet he will push them two handed in the back everytime, I know I’m nitpicking as he played well but it’s just silly and will result in a booking at some point. But I do agree on your point it could upset an opponent and make them lose focus, maybe lash out at Vini but if I was a betting man it would be Vini getting in trouble and not an opponent in the future.

Back
Top Bottom