Time for a back 4

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bournemouth are plenty better than Everton, yeah.

Who said 4-4-2, that’s not the only 4 at the back formation.
Fair enough on 4-4-2. So what formation and which personal would you play then?

LB - Thomas
RB - Baldock
RW - Bogle
LW - McAtee

There you go.

Hey each to their own but 3/4 seem completely unsuited to those roles IMO.

Baldock isn’t defensively sound enough for RB, think that’s already been seen/agreed

Bogle is an RWB (an inconsistent one at that). No way he has the output to be a premier league winger.

Mcatee is a bloody good 10, not a winger. Don’t think he’s ever played wing

Pains me to say it, but Everton will be just fine. There will be at least 6 clubs worse than them at the end of the season including us. Their transfer business in the last week on top of the scattergun quality they already had mean Dyche has very solid options which he’ll turn into an organised side.

Baldock isn’t defensively sound enough for RB, think that’s already been seen/agreed

Bogle is an RWB (an inconsistent one at that). No way he has the output to be a premier league winger.

If Baldock isn’t defensively sound to be a RB then what is he sound at? As a RWB he’s much better defensively than he is attacking.

Fair enough on 4-4-2. So what formation and which personal would you play then?
4-2-2-2, basically 2 10’s/inverted wingers who support fullbacks too. Hamer, Traore and Mcatee could do that.

Play McAtee left wing and Man City will be recalling him at the first opportunity (yes, I know but you get my point).
That’s where he’ll be playing for City? Either left or right.

That’s where he’ll be playing for City? Either left or right.

City don’t play 4 in midfield and they don’t play with wingers. Apart from that you’re absolutely spot on.

City don’t play 4 in midfield and they don’t play with wingers. Apart from that you’re absolutely spot on.
So Grealish doesn’t play left wing then? News to me, someone should tell him 😂

Less said about Doku the better. Maybe they’ll play him defensive midfield.

The formation id like to see would be 4-2-3-1. With a front 3 of Mcatee/Hamer/Archer. Mcburnie up top.

The formation id like to see would be 4-2-3-1. With a front 3 of Mcatee/Hamer/Archer. Mcburnie up top.
That variation could be fluid in game too. All capable of playing upfront for a stretch probably bar Hamer and all capable of dropping in.

Argue with yourselves if you want I won’t be hearing opposing views (I’m joking)

Good performance against probably the worst team in the division. Caused us plenty of problems and we have conceded 2 goals.

We need a back 4. We are getting killed by numbers in midfield at the minute which in turn is leading to an overload and making the defence look shocking. We are conceding too many goals to give ourselves a chance of winning games. Down our flanks and particularly our right today we are being completely outnumbered, in the middle there’s always someone of the opposition free and taking the ball when we are pressing - it’s not today it’s been every game.

You shouldn’t be pinned back by Everton like we were today, but our gaps meant we could overload in different areas which meant they could keep us in our own half for long periods. Including the first 10/15 mins after half time.

Baldock - Anel - Trusty - Thomas should be a competent back 4 with a Souza screen Infront of them. And it allows us to get all our inventive players on the pitch in their respective preferred positions.

I think now is the time to cut away from Wilderball for once and for all. And I think we have the players to do so.
It's not a bad idea., But requires a lot of change. Don't expect to see it until Heckys run out of all other ideas, or perhaps for 20 minutes chasing a game

So Grealish doesn’t play left wing then? News to me, someone should tell him 😂

Less said about Doku the better. Maybe they’ll play him defensive midfield.

Grealish doesn’t play as a winger. Doku has only played one game but given their usual formation I assume he was playing RAM, the opposite side as Grealish, as you’d normally expect from a 4-2-3-1 formation

You’d be losing out on Archer’s movement playing that way though. He showed today how good he was at running beyond the defensive line, even if we didn’t always find him

If you want a back 4 I think this is the only formation that would make sense for this team:

1693690051028.jpeg

That variation could be fluid in game too. All capable of playing upfront for a stretch probably bar Hamer and all capable of dropping in.

McAtee capable of playing up front on his own?

The 532 demands a lot of work from the outside CMs, and especially on our right side it was easy for Young and Danjuma to progress into the box and/or cross. We struggled to pick up second balls when we went long to McBurnie, Gueye could often pick it up unopposed. And in possession we generally struggled to get numbers out wide to cause them any issues, as they could double up out wide with the full back and winger on one wing back. At the moment I don't really see many redeeming aspects to having 3 CBs and we shouldn't be so fixed on one formation; why did we need 3 CBs on Beto all game? 4231 could help a lot in our current issues; more support on the wing in defence and offence and more numbers around McBurnie for second balls if we go long.

Is it time for Bogle at RWB, Baldock at RCB and Anel at CCB?

Just spit balling but if nothing changes, nothing changes ..

Is it time for Bogle at RWB, Baldock at RCB and Anel at CCB?

Just spit balling but if nothing changes, nothing changes ..

It depends what problem you’re looking to solve. I assume in this case it’s Egan. If that’s the case then I disagree but putting that aside…

Moving Baldock to RCB makes us weaker defensively than having Anel there. Playing Bogle RWB instead of Baldock makes us weaker defensively but stronger offensively. The question would be whether Anel playing CCB is enough to offset that.

As I’ve said, I don’t think Egan is the problem (he wasn’t at fault for either goal today) but that’s what we’d need to consider

McAtee capable of playing up front on his own?
I think he’s capable of playing up top for 5/10 minutes as part of a fluid frontline yes. Sunderland played Bellingham and Dack upfront today. Are we skipping over your comment that city don’t play wingers? 😂

I think he’s capable of playing up top for 5/10 minutes as part of a fluid frontline yes. Sunderland played Bellingham and Dack upfront today. Are we skipping over your comment that city don’t play wingers? 😂

Not unless you’re ignoring my comment where address that. I assume you must’ve missed it.

McAtee up top on his own 😂😂😂

Not unless you’re ignoring my comment where address that. I assume you must’ve missed it.
On the bullshit about RAM/LAM? Yeah because that’s sooooo different to playing wingers

On the bullshit about RAM/LAM? Yeah because that’s sooooo different to playing wingers

The person I replied to originally was talking about playing 4 in midfield, with McAtee as one of the wingers. If you can’t see how different that is to how Man City play then I can’t see us getting much further.

For what it’s worth though, Grealish isn’t a winger, he never has been. And you can’t say anything about skipping comments 😂

Back
Top Bottom