Our best goal scorer. Bill or Ol.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If your life depended on it to score ......

• Billy Sharp

Votes: 207 88.5%
  • Oli McB

Votes: 32 13.7%

• Total voters

100% for Sharp after 12 votes.

I went McBurnie. Sharp relies on good chances within 10 yards of goal to bury. McBurnie seems able to create his own chances & finish tougher ones. Some of McBurnie's goals have been exceptional this season & I don't think Sharp gets them.

“Are you Corbyn in disguise” ?

😂.

UTB
#thesitterthatwasntasitter

I went McBurnie. Sharp relies on good chances within 10 yards of goal to bury. McBurnie seems able to create his own chances & finish tougher ones. Some of McBurnie's goals have been exceptional this season & I don't think Sharp gets them.
Mmmmm, just a couple that spring to mind. The screamer at Shrewsbury, the volley against Weeds.

Sharp could have scored any of the three goals McBurnie has scored this season.

None of them were exceptional.

It‘s a biased survey.....

Sharps speciality is finishing and goal poaching......Sharp Is still comfortably the best finisher at the club....he has similarities to Keith Edwards.
However Sharp is probably the easiest striker to mark out of the game at PL level.

If all our strikers were given a 50/50 chance then I’d want Sharp,,,,and that’s who I’ve voted for
but McBurnie has more to his game than Sharp so he offers more to the team.

Sharps speciality is finishing and goal poaching......Sharp Is still comfortably the best finisher at the club....he has similarities to Keith Edwards.
However Sharp is probably the easiest striker to mark out of the game at PL level.

If all our strikers were given a 50/50 chance then I’d want Sharp
but McBurnie has far more to his game than Sharp so he offers more to the team.
What it is, is a direct result of an awful lot of spouting by certain folks with ZERO foundation / substance.

UTB

If all our strikers were given a 50/50 chance then I’d want Sharp,,,,and that’s who I’ve voted for
but McBurnie has more to his game than Sharp so he offers more to the team.
Has more to his game you say.

What ?

Exactly what ?

I want evidence. Cold hard evidence. Statistics. Facts.

I’m not interested in your opinion.

You up to that ??

UTB

What it is, is a direct result of an awful lot of spouting by certain folks with ZERO foundation / substance.

UTB

Agree.....there’s this fashion these days where everything must be a polarised view/ opinion.
So it’s either Sharp is brilliant or Sharp is crap.

Don't think it’s ever as simple as that....all our strikers have different styles...different strengths and different weaknesses.
If we set tactics playing to a players strength then they start to look better than their normal standard.
If we don’t or can’t use their strength then that player starts to look very average.
All our players should be valued because they all have the potential to offer something to the team.

Agree.....there’s this fashion these days where everything must be a polarised view/ opinion.
So it’s either Sharp is brilliant or Sharp is crap.

Don't think it’s ever as simple as that....all our strikers have different styles...different strengths and different weaknesses.
If we set tactics playing to a players strength then they start to look better than their normal standard.
If we don’t or can’t use their strength then that player starts to look very average.
All our players should be valued because they all have the potential to offer something to the team.
Give over with your balanced view its not welcome here

Has more to his game you say.

What ?

Exactly what ?

I want evidence. Cold hard evidence. Statistics. Facts.

I’m not interested in your opinion.

You up to that ??

UTB

The facts are we paid up to 20 million for McBurnie.
Where as we’d be lucky to receive 2 million for Sharp.

Experienced professionals in the game who I suspect know far more than me or you have set these valuations.
A valuation is often an indicator of ability...obviously age and lengths of contract play a part.

The facts are we paid up to 20 million for McBurnie.
Where as we’d be lucky to receive 2 million for Sharp.

Experienced professionals in the game who I suspect know far more than me or you have set these valuations.
A valuation is often an indicator of ability...obviously age and lengths of contract play a part.
So no then.

Thanks all the same 👍.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom