Kit thread: Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure someone will state marketing people know what they're doing, but I'm confident a blurry teaser video of red and white stripes with black shorts will have sweet FA impact on sales.

Maybe they're going to keep edging us with slightly less blurry pics for days thinking we'll all ultimately climax into a crescendo of online payments.

As someone who works in marketing, teasers 100% work.

As evidenced by the fact we’re all now discussing the kit :D

Based on blurry photos and adidas templates - it'll look like this.

leXcG1y.png

Just the back to worry about really - if it looks like this I'm happy.

What a kit

You can discuss the kit and show as many teasers as you want but it won’t make me buy the kit, it’s what it actually looks like when it finally comes out that’ll decide if I buy it or not.

We've been discussing since the season ended. Nothing to do with a blurry video.

You can discuss the kit and show as many teasers as you want but it won’t make me buy the kit, it’s what it actually looks like when it finally comes out that’ll decide if I buy it or not.

Of course. The club isn’t bothered if you specifically buy the kit, teasers just raise awareness.

Awareness = more sales

Either way it doesn’t matter too much... we’re going to smash the division regardless

Of course. The club isn’t bothered if you specifically buy the kit, teasers just raise awareness.

Awareness = more sales

Either way it doesn’t matter too much... we’re going to smash the division regardless
What will make me aware is when I see the kit in the shop or on the pitch, not some little teaser.

I am adamant that a teaser will not make someone buy a kit, seeing the fucker in real life will. If someone buys a kit because of a teaser then I question their sanity.

They’re not making any money whilst they’re showing these teasers, it’s obviously ready so get the kit on sale and get some money in the coffers, making people happy for their getaways at the same time.

Be surprised if its on sale before Mid July. only announced sponsor back end of next week, means there are tens of thousand of shirts sat in boxes somewhere with equal amounts of sponsors to print on them

Be surprised if its on sale before Mid July. only announced sponsor back end of next week, means there are tens of thousand of shirts sat in boxes somewhere with equal amounts of sponsors to print on them

I don't think not having time to print all the shirts sponsors would stop United getting them in the shop though, they'd just run out. It's good press too innit if they sell out (as long as no-one knows how many the had in)

They’ll have known the sponsor for ages mate, I’m not having that one as the reason not to make the kit available now.

Had a go at cleaning / clearing things it up a little:

6Dz3jmj.jpg

The quality of Ifollow has gone right off. Can't even tell who it is, guessing Leon? To think I paid 35 quid for season's highlights and this is the best I can get?! Disgrace, use some of the Brooks money coming ti improve the quality of our channel!

They’ll have known the sponsor for ages mate, I’m not having that one as the reason not to make the kit available now.

The really don't. thats why the teaser doesn't show sponsor and they only announced Ramsdens last week, Most clubs hold off on these negotiations until their season ends. once they know where they have finished etc then this gives more leverage when negotiating.

My missus worked on the shoots for a number of clubs this summer and only a few had a sponsor the rest did their photo shoots without a sponsor and its photoshopped on after. The kits themselves are signed of 18 months in advance.

If they had known the sponsor was going to be Ramsdens then why only announce it last week?

Surely buying is the motive.

The discussion has been in full swing for weeks like it is every year.

Tell you what though, this photo from the official website makes it look as if the stripes are in the weave and not just printed and that the cloth is View attachment 40772

more cottony than the usual adihash® 'climber-text' thing. Or is it just my sunstroke ? (which I do have btw)

Definitely ribbed or something, United's photographer likes his contrast setting but even he can't do that. Nike have a similar thing called Vaporknit or something, the England away kit has it, probably the home too. It's Climachill at Adidas. If it stops me getting sweaty pits in summer I'll take it.

40154-5eb244464b8bcc6e43a51284f39e68ac.jpg

Seeing that has only served to remind me just what a class emblem we have. Just look at it. It's beautiful. A design classic. Sometimes you forget because you see it too often but sometimes, without warning, it jumps out at you and smacks you in the chops and makes you realise how lucky you are to have it. I fucking love that badge!

When are the players back from their holidays? Can only assume blurry kit was used in the video as didnt have the sponsor on it. Thus when players are back they will have new photos in kit with sponsors for release?

Tell you what though, this photo from the official website makes it look as if the stripes are in the weave and not just printed and that the cloth is View attachment 40772

more cottony than the usual adihash® 'climber-text' thing. Or is it just my sunstroke ? (which I do have btw)

It's the new climacool fabric they use in most of their sportswear.

I hate the idea of Ramsdens as sponsors because I'm very loyal to our local chippy, Whitby's.

I especially like the scraps there because they're free and guaranteed every night.

Scraps on your Chips is one of lifes little pleasures. Was up on the beach at Brid the other week, delicious but logistically difficult to eat the scraps with those little plastic forks.

Whitby's are excellent but I with they'd do proper pies instead of "portions" that go cold quickly.

Anyway, the kit. No idea from that teaser really.

40154-5eb244464b8bcc6e43a51284f39e68ac.jpg

Seeing that has only served to remind me just what a class emblem we have. Just look at it. It's beautiful. A design classic. Sometimes you forget because you see it too often but sometimes, without warning, it jumps out at you and smacks you in the chops and makes you realise how lucky you are to have it. I fucking love that badge!
Spot on. When there was the uproar about the new Leeds badge Radio 5 asked fans to text in what they would change about their club badge.

My text was read out and it said 'Id change absolutely nothing, the blades signify our heritage of the steel and cutlery industry with a Yorkshire rose inbetween...perfect'

What if the club introduces this teaser marketing strategy for every new player we sign? Kinda like the mystery guest round on Question of Sport. If it's that effective ticket sales would surely go through the roof and we'd have to extend the kop quick-sharp to gerremallin.

Relax. I guarantee it will be available well before the season starts...

....unlike some other clubs I could mention who struggle to get their kits out before the clocks go back.

Back
Top Bottom