Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I owned both and they were both shite, but at least the Chopper Bike looked cool! ;)

Chopper bikes perhaps looked better than they actually were, but boy they looked good! I had a Raleigh Grifter when I was a kid, but christ it was a heavy beast to lug up and down our our steps, many grazed shins ensued!

Were you a child driving a car or a grown man on a chopper ( no pun intended)?

(Only the first would be cool)
I was about 13 when I had the Chopper, which was cool, but then I was 18 when I had the Marina which was seriously uncool :(
The Marina was also a pile of shite.....I remember driving to Nottingham with only 1st and 4th gear when 2nd and 3rd decided to disintegrate! :confused:

Chopper bikes perhaps looked better than they actually were, but boy they looked good! I had a Raleigh Grifter when I was a kid, but christ it was a heavy beast to lug up and down our our steps, many grazed shins ensued!
The Chopper was a dangerous bike and a terrible design.
I very much doubt that it would pass any safety tests today!

Good for giving backies though.

A 70s icon like the spacehopper and Rubiks cube.

(a little tear of nostalgia for an age of innocence welling up........)

I seem to remember a lot of fuss about them at the time. They weren't very stable. Never had one but my mate failed to take a corner with me on the back and we both went over the handlebars. Good job kids are quite bouncy. I fell off every two wheel vehicle I've owned, often quite spectacularly.

I seem to remember a lot of fuss about them at the time. They weren't very stable. Never had one but my mate failed to take a corner with me on the back and we both went over the handlebars. Good job kids are quite bouncy. I fell off every two wheel vehicle I've owned, often quite spectacularly.
Par for the course isnt it?

Bert had a Carlton bike made in Worksop. Bought direct from the factory, £19.

One of the best pint of Stones in Sheffield
Carwood was accross the road
Eh up LE, I thought corner pin was a Tetley's house?
I worked down there at firth browns late 60's most of 70's. Could have sworn Pin was Tetley's?
Mind you, I'm senile these days ☺

Eh up LE, I thought corner pin was a Tetley's house?
I worked down there at firth browns late 60's most of 70's. Could have sworn Pin was Tetley's?
Mind you, I'm senile these days ☺
You are right LSF
My first site as an apprentice was on No 12 gate Firth Browns working for Bradburys 1972
Was the Carwood Tetleys?
Two great boozers must have made a fortune always packed

Reactions: LSF
It was like they were made of Tin Soldiers and that Doesn't make it all right. Still I bet it made a right White Noise and if it ran well it was no Suspect Device.

I suppose you'd Gotta Gettaway in it but be careful when filling up becasue of all the Inflamable Material. Hope you dodn't overpay as it would have been a Rough Trade.

And you wouldn't want to get stopped in it at the edge under a Beirut moon surrounded by tin soldiers who were only bits of kids like Johnny was

They re produced Choppers about 10 years ago we have 2 in the garage ,both hardly ridden ,slight changes ,main one the position of the gear stick. Really hard to ride though.
used to go in the Captive whenever we played up that way on a Sunday dinnertime ,preferred to any of the other boozers inn that area.

I owned both and they were both shite, but at least the Chopper Bike looked cool! ;)
Probably responsible for several near castrations though. The thought of that gear leaver and sudden braking. #OUCH#
A rather odd person rode one up Mont Ventoux a couple of years back. Think he followed that up with a Boris Bike in 24 hours from London.

You are right LSF
My first site as an apprentice was on No 12 gate Firth Browns working for Bradburys 1972
Was the Carwood Tetleys?
Two great boozers must have made a fortune always packed
Think it was LE, all the boozers around Browns were little goldmines in those times. Albert at Norfolk Bridge was another good place. Great pint of magnet!

Around 1969 or 70, I was on a 50 bus going down Brocco Bank after another days tedium at King Teds. It was a bus with an open door (and shiny pole) at the back. Also downstairs and at the back were facing 'bench' seats that held about three people each. Me and a couple of mates were on one of these benches ogling this fit bird who was sat opposite with her boyfriend. Obviously this made said boyfriend think he was Bertie Big-Bollocks and - halfway down Brocco Bank and intending to get off at Hunters Bar - BBB pecked his bird on the cheek and went towards the rear door. Now this bus was doing around 30 mph and BBB thought he'd show off to his bird and jumped off the bus. It was a truly impressive effort - he obviously thought he could start running as he hit the pavement. Except...

...he'd failed to notice a lamp post - one of those solid concrete fuckers - and he went SPLAT! straight into it. It was a scene worthy of Tom & Jerry. He was spark out - blood and teeth everywhere. Funny as fuck, though.:D

Did you knob her though?

Think it was LE, all the boozers around Browns were little goldmines in those times. Albert at Norfolk Bridge was another good place. Great pint of magnet!
Can you remember the Alexander on Carlisle St there was some proper drinkers in there
Furnace men always had a thirst

Reactions: LSF

Back
Top Bottom