Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was that near the Red Lion? After I'd moved but I have a recollection of one there.

I remember Thompsons at the bottom just up from the Samson and the Barracuda below the street where the baths was. Plus a Chinese near the Barracuda. Pie and Peas shop a bit further up.
No it was near the bottom but I'm thinking after samson pub and them row of shops got demolished,we lived on crown place and Tony's chippy was more or less next door.

No it was near the bottom but I'm thinking after samson pub and them row of shops got demolished,we lived on crown place and Tony's chippy was more or less next door.

The one just up from the Samson was Thompsons.

After the flats there was a cafe that did chip cobs and might have changed when the bottom block was demolished. Depends on what year we're talking.

The one just up from the Samson was Thompsons.

After the flats there was a cafe that did chip cobs and might have changed when the bottom block was demolished. Depends on what year we're talking.
We lived on crown place from late and my cousins 'still got a house on there now.

Excellent place and have loads of images from there.
UTB
Not quite up to your standard (or mine now!) but you'll appreciate this.
C3UEB78aszpnZaqZZEuFJyNSQo2SmxNuBEiTARr7eagNO6JPWCZ9z5yY1KKJnVDDfTBqZTjRwbrvhg=w396-h220-rw

Mallard near the site of Beauchief station on its first test run from Derby after restoration to running condition (must've been the return run). '87 I think. Crappy 110 cartridge camera is my excuse for the picture.

Ermmmmm maybe not..but Rosita use to look after us whenever we went in the shop with our pocketmoney.

I first knew Rosita when she worked the vans.

Went into the shop once with my mate who was wearing a brand new sheepskin coat. A woman he knew in the shop asked who bought it him and Peter said "me". To this day ive never ever seen anyone go a brighter shade of red.

My mum will know for sure as I was only a nipper when we lived down there,i had a couple of years at St johns school on Hyde park before I got transferred to park hill infant school about 1976

I was at School street so I'm a bit older. A fair bit :(

By 1976 I'd seen a woman naked....

The north Pole was off Effingham St ,I think it became a photo laboratory ,and now its a mosque I think. The Effing sandwich shop round the corner does a great bacon and tom dip.

Back
Top Bottom