Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That brings back memories SEB. Can't think of the name of the black guy in the picture, Kenny something or other. Was a jack of all trades, actor, singer, and I believed was caught up in some type of thuggery. Think he did a version of "Stand By Me"?

Old photo for no reason other than it's very near to me. The opening of the pub 'Mooro's' here in Stratford. It is now the Black Bull as it was before Bobby Moore took it over. It had a fire just before Bobby Moore ended his ownership of it.

1047427_moore_229155c.jpg

What a great thread this is. So many fond memories.

Rodney Marsh who did Tom McCAlister, Frank Lampard who had a set too with our Eddie, Alan Ball sarcastically applauding us when he got sent off at BDTBL, George Best and that goal in October 1971, SuperMac who bigged himself up when playing for Luton against us and finally a West Ham legend.

Such happy memories.

What a great thread this is. So many fond memories.

Rodney Marsh who did Tom McCAlister, Frank Lampard who had a set too with our Eddie, Alan Ball sarcastically applauding us when he got sent off at BDTBL, George Best and that goal in October 1971, SuperMac who bigged himself up when playing for Luton against us and finally a West Ham legend.

Such happy memories.

Yes, yes but what about the Kenny Lynch Blades connection?

Old photo for no reason other than it's very near to me. The opening of the pub 'Mooro's' here in Stratford. It is now the Black Bull as it was before Bobby Moore took it over. It had a fire just before Bobby Moore ended his ownership of it.

Been in when it was Mooro's. Moore, Marsh and Best played together at Fulham. I spent some time in John Mitchell's company who played with them in the same side and he had some right stories about them.

Mooro was the big, big, drinker last to leave but always first up in the morning looking immaculate. He said Best spent more time shagging than drinking at that time as successions of women threw themselves at him. Don't think Marsh was a particular drinker.

Mitchell was a terrific guy, great company and scored Fulham's winner in the semi final replay to get them to Wembley. Imagine what that felt like. Said it was the best celebratory night he'd ever had

Been in when it was Mooro's. Moore, Marsh and Best played together at Fulham. I spent some time in John Mitchell's company who played with them in the same side and he had some right stories about them.

Mooro was the big, big, drinker last to leave but always first up in the morning looking immaculate. He said Best spent more time shagging than drinking at that time as successions of women threw themselves at him. Don't think Marsh was a particular drinker.

Mitchell was a terrific guy, great company and scored Fulham's winner in the semi final replay to get them to Wembley. Imagine what that felt like. Said it was the best celebratory night he'd ever had

Here it is now, back as The Old Black Bull. Not a bad place, reasonable beer but rammed with West Ham fans for home game.

Ye-Olde-Black-Bull-Stratford9.jpg

s214-k-no

A player who played under Moore at Southend told my workmate said of Moore "I have never seen anyone drink so much without getting drunk"

A player who played under Moore at Southend told my workmate said of Moore "I have never seen anyone drink so much without getting drunk"

The first episode of the ITV drama 'Tina and Bobby' had some old MOTD footage - West Ham v Blades. Clips of Tony Wagstaff.

found another little snippet... not the greatest quality but its worth squinting at :)

City v Sheffield United 1959, then another game in 1959 v Nuneaton then finally The St Georges Lane Chimney being demolished in September 1961

Back
Top Bottom