Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Give up LE ,never thought I could be beaten on 70s cars.
This s an exact of my first car except it doesn't have Still Little Fingers on the windscreen visor.

Ah, Myrtle Inn! My first drink in there aged 14/15... Stones, and tasted fuckin horrible. Mucky mirks as we called it back then in the mid 60's, hardly anyone used it so they were happy to serve us young bucks with a couple of points withojt ever asking if we were 18 or not.
Main entrance was oddly enough in Alexandra Rd ( as photo shows) and not Myrtle Rd (where I was born and raised), the Myrtle Rd part of pub was just a back yard really.
It was run by the Staniforth family around that time and well known Blade, Jimmy Milligan(R.I.P) married one of the landlords daughters so we were always welcome.
Happy days around Heeley in those times....

If you are up this way later in the year Barrow Hill round house is well worth a visit especially on a steam weekend. Closed for renovation work at the moment except in May for the Real Ale festival should be open again in the autumn. It could well be one of the last round houses in the country.
http://www.barrowhill.org/
Excellent place and have loads of images from there.
UTBIMG_5148.JPG

Back
Top Bottom