Player Suggestion Ryan Colclough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Millwall state categorically no bid for Webster - does anyone wish to continue believing James Brown-Nose of the Star ?
just got it. I actually thought James Brown-Nose was a real person. You mean James Sheild!

Penny didn't drop straight away, been out at a garden party since 4. Still feeling giddy from tea, cucumber sarni's and Sammon roularde.

I'm a clapper mate, don't mind admitting that, but I don't think there is any Blade out there who can't say they aren't worried about where we are right now and how the season will pan out. However I do believe we'll be just fine as the season progresses, because we'll bed down and I expect two or three before the window closes too. Just one or two quality additions and we'll be fine. Note I'm not getting into a debate on whether the first 8 Wilder signings are decent or not mate!
Thanks B4, calming down, calming down, brown paper bags helping. I'm a confidence supporter and can only live game to game and the mood of the fans!

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH AAARGGHHHH

Breathing
Breathing

I'll be OK

Breathing

Genuinely I'm bricking it, footy falls apart life falls apart.

It came from the London end mate, as reported by Radio Sheffield too. My guess is that it was more of an enquiry than a bid and Millwall are being clever about it.

No it's well known in S2 that other clubs' statements are always the gospel truth. Only our own club are deceitful charlatans who fabricate transfer bids to fool all but the knowing few, year in, year out.

Ask Forked-Tongue Flitcroft. He'll tell you...

Because these are not real bids ! They've been put out to quell the angry mob. Fucking joke Club thinks it can con us with rubbish from their paid poodle journalist.

Would it make sense to raise fans' hopes with a fake bid only to see them drop from an even greater height? We might be a mess, but that's a level of daft beyond any plausibility.

Well, to be honest - we are desperately short and we have to go with what we've got at the end of Aug, until January! So why not try for all 4: Morsy, Colclough, Webster and Lavery??

It'd be nice if once, just once the sentence of "we tried for 3 or 4..."

Could end with "and we got them all!"

Dream of reaching fw status K.
Low self esteem issues with frilly knickers and running over bridges, ask GreasyChipBeattie
Good man B56. Acknowledging the issue is a great start.
As for your dream of becoming a fw.....strewth, it's worse than I thought.
I'm scouring my, 'medicinal fixes for aspiring fw's' publications for a remedy as I type.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can mate, but I suspect you might need to consider booking a flight to Morocco or somewhere similar to collect your 'prescription'

I'm going to wait until 1st September at the earliest before assessing and commenting about our Summer's transfer business.

I don't see much point in slating the club for the 16+ players they've offloaded or the 9+ players they've signed until the transfer window is closed.

There is no loan window to muddy the waters this time. So we will have a fairly good idea where we stand by the time of the Gillingham game away (but on Sky).

No point in reviewing a book when it's still being written.

I'm going to wait until 1st September at the earliest before assessing and commenting about our Summer's transfer business.

I don't see much point in slating the club for the 16+ players they've offloaded or the 9+ players they've signed until the transfer window is closed.

There is no loan window to muddy the waters this time. So we will have a fairly good idea where we stand by the time of the Gillingham game away (but on Sky).

No point in reviewing a book when it's still being written.
How do you stay so calm SB, feckin annoying....

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Paper bag, gimme a paper bag ;)

He is Wendy's player until he is 24 (in October) even though he has turned down a new contract. He cannot train with any club until Wendy release him (they will want a fee)

October 22nd. So basically for the sake of waiting for 3(?) league games, we could get him for free outside the window. Or we could get him now for a fee-to-be-decided.

I think given the restrictions on bringing players in it's quite obvious which option the club will prefer.

I remember Colclough scoring from the edge of the box against us for Crewe and he was rumoured to be the finest talent to come out of the club in a long while with a number of top flight teams chasing him. The goal was a thunderbolt but I seem to remember we could have done better.

Surprised to see him bench warming at Wigan because he had a good game that day.
yh i was remember that day i remember them having a corner just before that happened and bloke behind me said they were going to score fair to say i didn't believe him and admitted i was wrong when colclough did score. wanted him at the lane for years tho very good player just what we need

"He was the kind of bloke that war takes away
And when there wasn't a war, he left anyway"

You and I share the same taste in Pop lyricists Pinchy though not in football managers.

His politics obscure a master of romantic lyricism and evocative melody.

"How can you lie there and think of England...?"

I remember him doing that song on Old Grey Whistle Test!

Oh and I saw the Four Tops live! Awesome voices, especially Levi

The trumpet solo, at the end. I can hear and picture it now. So evocative. Billy is, and I don't say this lightly, one of the greatest singer/songwriters that ever lived. I share his politics as well. I like to think I'd love his music just as much if he was a Tory, but I can't be sure.

Levi and the Tops? Pure magic. Right up there with Marvin, Smoky and The Temptations. I'm sure Levi was a Blade...

"Many a tear has to fall..."

October 22nd. So basically for the sake of waiting for 3(?) league games, we could get him for free outside the window. Or we could get him now for a fee-to-be-decided.

I think given the restrictions on bringing players in it's quite obvious which option the club will prefer.
I hope the club aren't thinking on those lines because they'll be in for a surprise when they have to pay a fee for him anyway given he was offered a contract of equal or greater terms at his former club whilst still of age to qualify for compensation. There's no way around this.

I hope the club aren't thinking on those lines because they'll be in for a surprise when they have to pay a fee for him anyway given he was offered a contract of equal or greater terms at his former club whilst still of age to qualify for compensation. There's no way around this.

Can we sign a player out of contract outside of the window? My understanding is we can, but has anything changed with the loan window closed? Presumably not since signing Lavery would be a free agent?

Can we sign a player out of contract outside of the window? My understanding is we can, but has anything changed with the loan window closed? Presumably not since signing Lavery would be a free agent?
I think you're right we can as they are free agents. But what do I know about football? I follow United

I'm not sure anymore to be honest. We could possibly sign him and have him train with us and register him in January when the window opens. We'd definitely still have to pay compensation though even after his birthday.

I'm not sure anymore to be honest. We could possibly sign him and have him train with us and register him in January when the window opens. We'd definitely still have to pay compensation though even after his birthday.

Surely after his birthday and in this instance its significantly his 24th he no longer requires a fee for his services, although I may be wrong on this. Either way we need him now rather than waiting till mid October when anyone can sign him for free if we can.

Surely after his birthday and in this instance its significantly his 24th he no longer requires a fee for his services, although I may be wrong on this. Either way we need him now rather than waiting till mid October when anyone can sign him for free if we can.
I believe if the contract was offered before his 24th birthday and hasn't been withdrawn by the former club, compensation would still be due.

Back
Top Bottom