Player Suggestion Ryan Colclough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The trumpet solo, at the end. I can hear and picture it now. So evocative. Billy is, and I don't say this lightly, one of the greatest singer/songwriters that ever lived. I share his politics as well. I like to think I'd love his music just as much if he was a Tory, but I can't be sure.

Levi and the Tops? Pure magic. Right up there with Marvin, Smoky and The Temptations. I'm sure Levi was a Blade...

"Many a tear has to fall..."

"...Levi and the Tops? Pure magic. Right up there with Marvin, Smoky and The Temptations. I'm sure Levi was a Blade..."

I can't be sure, as memory fades as you get older, but I am sure at the end of the gig he shouted, "thanks everybody, we love you, god bless you all, UTB......."

(and I have to say, when they first came on stage, curtains open, lights go up, The Four Tops stood in line, it was magical, the band went straight into "Baby, I need your loving", crowd start cheering, but the moment that Levi took the mic from the stand, walks forward from the other three towards the audience, and belts out the second verse, that voice! it was a genuine, shiver-down-the-spine-hair-standing-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck-goosebumps moment)

"...some say, it's a sign of weakness, for a man to beg, then weak I would rather be, if it means having you to keep, cos lately I've been losing sleep, Baby I need your loving...."

Would it make sense to raise fans' hopes with a fake bid only to see them drop from an even greater height? We might be a mess, but that's a level of daft beyond any plausibility.

We do have "history" with this sort of stupidity .......

And our Board do seem to think that the sob story of "we couldn't quite get it over the line" etc will placate the frustrated supporters.

Our "negotiators" must be recruited from the UN ....... they're fu**ing useless as well !!

UTB & FTP

Well, to be honest - we are desperately short and we have to go with what we've got at the end of Aug, until January! So why not try for all 4: Morsy, Colclough, Webster and Lavery??

It'd be nice if once, just once the sentence of "we tried for 3 or 4..."

Could end with "and we got them all!"

:D:D;)

Next ..... you'll be wanting us to get to the play-offs and turn up ..... and win !! :eek:

UTB & FTP

Can we sign a player out of contract outside of the window? My understanding is we can, but has anything changed with the loan window closed? Presumably not since signing Lavery would be a free agent?

My understanding is we can, as long as the contract was cancelled before the window closed. I could well be wrong about that though.

yh i was remember that day i remember them having a corner just before that happened and bloke behind me said they were going to score fair to say i didn't believe him and admitted i was wrong when colclough did score. wanted him at the lane for years tho very good player just what we need
I don't remember saying that :confused:

My understanding is we can, as long as the contract was cancelled before the window closed. I could well be wrong about that though.

As it stands then we won't be signing Lavery on a free then, even when he hits 24.

As it stands then we won't be signing Lavery on a free then, even when he hits 24.

Not sure mate, like I said I could well be wrong. In the case of Lavery I'm really not sure at all. But if by some miracle I am right, a fee would only apply up to him being 24, but with his contract being up before the deadline, he'd be able to sign, all that would be different is that no compo fee would apply. Just a guess though.

I'm not sure anymore to be honest. We could possibly sign him and have him train with us and register him in January when the window opens. We'd definitely still have to pay compensation though even after his birthday.

The rules would seem to suggest he can be signed outside of the window (57.2 below).

57.5 as it reads could also be interpreted as suggesting that they could not claim compensation if the player is no longer under 24.

57 Registration of Non‑contract Players

57.1 The registration of a Non‑Contract Player will be valid only for the Season in which the registration form is signed.

57.2 A Club may only register a Non-Contract Player (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.7) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

57.3 A Non-Contract Player's registration will expire at the end of the Season which for the purposes of this Regulation, will be deemed to be the third Saturday in May or within four days of the Club's last match of the Season, whichever is the later. After this date the Player may sign for another Club for the following Season or he may choose to re-sign for his former Club.

57.4 A Club wishing to immediately re-sign a Non-Contract Player should include his name on its Club List of Players for the following Season and notify the Player of its intentions in accordance with the procedure laid down in Regulation 67.

57.5 A Club will only be entitled to seek a Compensation Fee for the loss of a Non‑Contract Player's Registration who is an Under 24 Player if such Club has made the Player a written offer of terms to become a Contract Player prior to the expiration of the Registration or for other reasons satisfactory to the Board. The amount of such Compensation Fee shall be agreed between the two Clubs concerned or in default of such agreement should be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee on the application of either of such Clubs.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#BUGeOgYT5cSKgmc5.99

The rules would seem to suggest he can be signed outside of the window (57.2 below).

57.5 as it reads could also be interpreted as suggesting that they could not claim compensation if the player is no longer under 24.

57 Registration of Non‑contract Players

57.1 The registration of a Non‑Contract Player will be valid only for the Season in which the registration form is signed.

57.2 A Club may only register a Non-Contract Player (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.7) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

57.3 A Non-Contract Player's registration will expire at the end of the Season which for the purposes of this Regulation, will be deemed to be the third Saturday in May or within four days of the Club's last match of the Season, whichever is the later. After this date the Player may sign for another Club for the following Season or he may choose to re-sign for his former Club.

57.4 A Club wishing to immediately re-sign a Non-Contract Player should include his name on its Club List of Players for the following Season and notify the Player of its intentions in accordance with the procedure laid down in Regulation 67.

57.5 A Club will only be entitled to seek a Compensation Fee for the loss of a Non‑Contract Player's Registration who is an Under 24 Player if such Club has made the Player a written offer of terms to become a Contract Player prior to the expiration of the Registration or for other reasons satisfactory to the Board. The amount of such Compensation Fee shall be agreed between the two Clubs concerned or in default of such agreement should be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee on the application of either of such Clubs.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#BUGeOgYT5cSKgmc5.99

So it seems to be that if Wednesday still hold Lavery's registration than we can't sign him outside of the window, as he is still registered to them, but if his registration ended last season than we can? Its whether he is or isn't currently registered that is the key. This would all be a lot easier if Lavery was 24 now! If Wednesday play hard ball, then they risk losing him for nothing anyway, although presumably they are thinking that if Lavery wants to join us, or any other club, than it would go to a tribunal if we can't agree a fee with the Pigs, something I would guess United want to avoid, given the uncertainty of the financial commitment they would have to commit to once we've signed Lavery.

Sorry this should be in the Lavery page, but this page has evolved and we've probably no chance of signing Ryan Colclough anyway!

So it seems to be that if Wednesday still hold Lavery's registration than we can't sign him outside of the window, as he is still registered to them, but if his registration ended last season than we can? Its whether he is or isn't currently registered that is the key. This would all be a lot easier if Lavery was 24 now! If Wednesday play hard ball, then they risk losing him for nothing anyway, although presumably they are thinking that if Lavery wants to join us, or any other club, than it would go to a tribunal if we can't agree a fee with the Pigs, something I would guess United want to avoid, given the uncertainty of the financial commitment they would have to commit to once we've signed Lavery.

Sorry this should be in the Lavery page, but this page has evolved and we've probably no chance of signing Ryan Colclough anyway!

If we've probably no chance, then we definitely have a chance. Ask anyone who's done jury service... :)

Or, they might do us a favour, you know like when we helped our poor small club neighbours in Rovvrum when they were at their lowest, a sorry club about to go out of existence, a sad pathetic excuse of a feckin club. And look how that worked out.

Can anyone advise how to change this threads title to Anal Fuckwits
Reckon it'll knock Morsy's 106 pages into a cocked hat (oooerrrrr)
Only problem will be Jimmy S's headline in tomorrow's Stir will be "Blades chase Anal Fuckwit"

Colclough not in Wigan squad today (neither was Morsy).

I think we could get him on loan. Would probably be an alternative to Lavery.

I'd like to think there is something positive in it for us with regards to him not making the matchday squad. But I doubt there is.

Wigan signed AL Fondre on loan and are close to signing Nathan Byrne.

That should free up Colclough, it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him today.

We cant compete with the mighty MK Dons.....FFS.

If CW was genuinely after this lad and we have missed out to MK then that is genuinely a disgrace. Lets hope he is after & GETS another.

Back
Top Bottom