Summer transfers - Wilder and Knill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did we get a new head of recruitment, or aren't we bothering now?

Head scout. We have hired and advertised a lot of recruitment and coaching roles. So, there does seem a change in previous approaches.

Wilder's presser confirms that he's got a very clear idea of what we need / he wants to do - and that he's in communication now with potential targets.

What's more, he appears properly hungry for it, there's a fight in him. I'll take that.
I have tbh, I wasn't particularly keen on Wilder coming back and didn't like the way it was handled.

I'm also not on board with the attitude that we've notably improved since he returned despite obviously being better offensively.

However, I don't think any manager could have notably improved this squad.

I also think that whilst the jury is out on whether CW can replicate previous achievements, I do think he looks motivated.

Whether he's realised he's not on an upward curve any more or whether he wants to remove the situation from a few years who knows.

I'm not one of these fans who's obsessed with Blades being involved but I've come around to the view this summer that we could probably do a lot worse in our predicament.

This is great to hear, as the shit fest that happened last season can’t surely happen again, decisions need to be made quickly and move on from those we deem need to go or those offered contracts and won’t sign, there needs to be a time limited offer and if they don’t sign then we go for our other targets, simple. It sounds like we won’t be making the same mistake and we will be ruthless which is exactly what we needed to do with Berge and Ndiye last season.

I think Wilder and Knill are now pretty much in charge of transfers/contract renewals for the summer.

The old scouts haven't been replaced and the young players are being tied down pretty quickly by Wilder and Knill. History also suggests they can spot a good player who can step up and bring through young players. They are not going to get it right 100 percent of the time but I do trust them more than the old regime.
Championship they are exceptional

Premier league hit and miss.

This is great to hear, as the shit fest that happened last season can’t surely happen again, decisions need to be made quickly and move on from those we deem need to go or those offered contracts and won’t sign, there needs to be a time limited offer and if they don’t sign then we go for our other targets, simple. It sounds like we won’t be making the same mistake and we will be ruthless which is exactly what we needed to do with Berge and Ndiye last season.

I think it's much easier this season pretty much everyone is available to go, vast amount of new faces through the door and the old losers hitting the road early doors is a essential.

Wilder in L1 and champ was hit and miss. To be fair all managers are. Look at guardiola, klopp any manager it's never 100% success rate.

The important thing is to get good value on good signings and not waste money on ones that don't work out.

Up until Prem wilder was ridiculous in this instance. Big money signings worked for us as did frees. The ones that didn't we recouped.
Ryan Leonard and lee Evans for instance we didn't lose on. In fact we got Norwood in to replace and never looked back.

Ivo Grbic is a worry off recent signings 🙄 but despite the comments by CW when we signed him. Is the "we did our homework" him or the "club".

Equally though BBD is a great loan, bringing Arblaster into it is working too. So these point to a team not blind to talent.

We’ve got greedy for more success. I noticed that in the promotion season last year, the crowd were nervous almost expecting to win games unlike the underdog attitude we had in the first two promotions.

Next season will be difficult to manage expectations because it seems like we’ll be a fairly young team I’d possibly say similar to Sunderland.
Sunderland dont mention those cowards after today, on the beach....................wankers!

We've heard all this before about been in talks with agents, then still fucking about at the end of the window looking for signings.

What Wilder needs to do is name the names of players that won't be here and also include contacted players who he doesn't want.

Then tell us how many players he's looking to bring in and when he wants them in by.

It may also be worth us doing something we rarely do, have a plan B in case said targets fuck us about.

We also need to arrange pre season early and arrange some competitive games for pre season.

Oh and tell us when the kit is out.

We've heard all this before about been in talks with agents, then still fucking about at the end of the window looking for signings.

What Wilder needs to do is name the names of players that won't be here and also include contacted players who he doesn't want.

Then tell us how many players he's looking to bring in and when he wants them in by.

It may also be worth us doing something we rarely do, have a plan B in case said targets fuck us about.

We also need to arrange pre season early and arrange some competitive games for pre season.

Oh and tell us when the kit is out.
Seasons not over yet. But agreed we need to move fast.

Seasons been over since we announced the team V Palace to be quite Frank.
exactly we never stood a chance thanks to abdullah hes made the club a laughing stock hes more interested in united world and the sooner he sells up the better

Back
Top Bottom