Gone Elsewhere Matthew Kilgallon (Would he come back?)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was hoping we'd learnt our lesson and we'd go for at least one young and hungry player for central defence.

It appears not.

Jack O'Connell from Brentford is still on the cards apparently. But if that's true it surely means Kilgallon or McFadzean aren't coming.

*For those who dont like Twitter look away now*

The latest thing on Twitter is that John Fleck's wife has this afternoon started following SUFC. Make of that what you will.

Jack O'Connell from Brentford is still on the cards apparently. But if that's true it surely means Kilgallon or McFadzean aren't coming.

The latest thing on Twitter is that John Fleck's wife has this afternoon started following SUFC. Make of that what you will.

Where have you heard that about O'Connell?

I like the sound of him. But it would appear to be a case of him or Kilgallon, certainly if we're signing McFadzean.

Where have you heard that about O'Connell?

I like the sound of him. But it would appear to be a case of him or Kilgallon, certainly if we're signing McFadzean.

A guy at work who deals with thr club - doesn't know much about football but only name he ever says is Jack O'Connell. Contract offer to him is on table.

Yeah appears we are all in for McFadzean.

Not sure about O'Connell, but this is his girlfriend, Alex Greenwood – defender with Liverpool – looks as if she could do a job for us
...Alex_Greenwood_(20028035116).jpg

I'd be neither here nor there with McFadzean. I think signing Kilgallon would be a mistake. I'd be more than happy with John Fleck and Jack O'Connell.

A guy at work who deals with thr club - doesn't know much about football but only name he ever says is Jack O'Connell. Contract offer to him is on table.

Yeah appears we are all in for McFadzean.

Well if O'Connell does sign as well as Killa and McFadzean we'll be very strong at centre half - we'll have three good CBs, two being left sided and one being young, a good balance. It just doesn't seem like O'Connell would sign for us if he's not to be first choice.

He could well be seen as Kilgallon's long term replacement if we sign both.

Something like this I'd be relatively happy with:

------------------------Long
Brayford - O'Connell - McFadzean - Hussey
Duffy - Fleck - **Enter tall dominant CM** - Adams
----------------Sharp - Akinde

Wilson as CB cover and a good replacement for Adams if sold.

Yeah, I'd be satisfied with that.

I'd like something like this:

Long

Brayford McFadzean Kilgallon Hussey

Basham Irvine Fleck

Duffy Sharp Obika

Sell Adams, hopefully for at least £1.5m up front, and use it to sign Irvine and Obika for a combined 500/600k and possibly Akinde.

McFadzean, Kilgallon and O'Connell?! Bloody hell.

It does seem like we're intent on signing all three... as unlikely as it would appear to be getting both Killa and O'Connell (both left footers who wouldn't be expected to sign as back up).

Things are starting to look dangerously promising - McFadzean, Kilgallon, O'Connell and Fleck would all be quality signings.

It does seem like we're intent on signing all three... as unlikely as it would appear to be getting both Killa and O'Connell (both left footers who wouldn't be expected to sign as back up).

Things are starting to look dangerously promising - McFadzean, Kilgallon, O'Connell and Fleck would all be quality signings.

"Things are starting to look dangerously promising" you've only gone and said it!

Now the world will implode! THE END OF THE WORLD IN NIGH

From having no cb's at all. looks like we gonna be able to feel a full team of em :eek:

Breeding like rabbits at the mo ffs

Ooooh matron

article-0-1A6084F700000578-696_634x422.jpg

Alan Nixon has apparently said the deal for Kilgallon is still on - 'slightly apart on wages but still talking'.

I'd take him now, not my favoured option but others have been signed by rivals and we're well into pre season now. We need our centre halves in place, and we could do much worse than Kilgallon.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Ideally, I’d have had something like Nelson, Tafazolli and Beevers as the 3 but given where we are, I’d be satisfied if we could get Killa and McFadzean to add to Wilson.

Can't see us signing all 3, my guess is that McFadzean or Kilgallon has fallen through (possibly both) due to price tag and wages respectively.

Kilgallon? No ta. On balance I'd rather have AIDS.

In fact I hope he gets crocked instead, thereby putting an end to his ignoble career. Disrespectful prick that he is.

What has he done that has pissed you off so much? I know he refused a new deal meaning we sold him with 6 months left on his contract but he had interest from the Prem and we’d just sold Beattie and the two Kyles suggesting we had no intention of getting there any time soon (and so it proved).

Don’t see how what he did is any different to Brown or Maguire?

Thanks god you put "relatively" in there Barney, I almost spilled my cuppa when I saw your name and the word "happy" close to it!

Thanks god you put "relatively" in there Barney, I almost spilled my cuppa when I saw your name and the word "happy" close to it!
Tell you what if we sign that side I'll stand outside shirecliffe and give Chris a big kiss on the cheek.

Back
Top Bottom