Your prized Blades related possession?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still in the process of sorting out our attic, cataloguing programmes, converting VHS tapes and finding frames for my Blades related imagery, I started wondering...

What do you lot consider your most prized, Blades related possession?

Would love to hear what it is, a bit about it and why it's held in such esteem?

For those who cherish memories and experiences above material possessions and physical reminders, I'll stick another thread up shortly :)

Last edited:

Framed programme of my first game (v Liverpool, Oct 1971) for obvious reasons.

My original Green 'Un: "BLADES GLORY OWLS DOWN" again for obvious reasons.

My letter from Dave Bassett, again...

A copy of Fever Hitch.

There's probably more that I haven't thought of yet.

In fact, there is - my VHS of United 5-4 Brighton.

1990/91 home shirt signed by Deano.

Also a match-worn Dean Saunders shirt which has for some reason been signed by the 1999/2000 squad. Luminaries such as Bobby Ford, Jonathan Hunt on there! Bang goes any chance of whacking it on eBay.

Last edited:
My season ticket.

Out of all the junk that I've acquired over the last 40+ yrs it's the only think that serves any practical purpose

A signed photo of TC, the steel city cup and a 10 yr old Presty full of ambitions to one day be lifting it. :(

In no particular order:
The rare (according to a certain collector) Supporters Club badge as per my avatar.
Dave Bassett`s Blades tie.
1962/63 Hearts vs Sheffield United programme (Willie Bauld testimonial).
Pompey (H) match programme from a few years ago with a photo of me bungee jumping off Victoria Falls bridge in Zimbabwe.

A piece of concrete from the old John Street terrace from when it was demolished. My Uncle worked on that job and took some for me though I didn't ask him to.

It's something I've kept for the 20 years or so since it went. Also something to remember him by as he's no longer with us.

A 1981 Junior Blades scarf.
Can't be many of these left in existence as they were useless as a scarf for keeping warm.
Given as part of joining the newly started Junior Blades.

I used have one of those. Was pinned on my bedroom wall as a child. No idea where it is now though, but my parents rarely throw things away so might be in their loft somewhere!

Paddy's gloves from the Crewe away game in the promotion season. You may remember their goal came after he let a free kick slip through his hands. He made a bee-line straight over to us after the game.

A 1981 Junior Blades scarf.
Can't be many of these left in existence as they were useless as a scarf for keeping warm.
Given as part of joining the newly started Junior Blades.

yep, still got one of those too - 1st nipper born in 1986, joined in the Junior Blades at about 6 hours old and proudly showed it off to anyone who wanted to view in Jessops!

My most valued is an old Blades badge - from the days when memorabilia was in it's infancy.

Now here is an embarrassing one - and wonder if anyone can remember........

In 1979 I had an old green Cortina estate and wanted a Blades window sticker. Think at the time it was the only one the club sold. Anyway it was about 10 inches by 2 inches, white background with red writing and it said "Shefield United" - yes you read it correctly - one "F"

What an embarrassment to the club at the time - is the numpty that ordered it still around? Did the manufacturers get it wrong?

Does anyone remember?

UTB

A piece of concrete from the old John Street terrace from when it was demolished. My Uncle worked on that job and took some for me though I didn't ask him to.

It's something I've kept for the 20 years or so since it went. Also something to remember him by as he's no longer with us.

I've got a brick from the demolition of John street, and ever since I got married its been a game of cat & mouse with the mrs who still cannot understand why i keep a brick in a carrier bag at the bottom of the wardrobe.

Also a signed NW t shirt as per this pic that I paid far too much for at a charity auction after twelveteen pints..nw.jpg

My season ticket wooden seat from when they replaced the seats for plastic ones in the South Stand

Not physical I know and you're putting another thread about memories I realise but I've nothing material. I do have however memories of me and my father who died 30 years ago stood on the kop, and now I take my Grandson. Cycle of life eh.

I had an SUFC drum when i was little. We had a canny knack of scoring late on when i was banging my drum.

Got a pair of SUFC slippers for xmas last year which took us to Wembley. If only i had them on in the ground....

If only I could put my hands on it, I have a DVD of a sky premiere league preview of our home game v Portsmouth on 13th Jan 2007. The preview is mostly about Warnock, but it contains a collage of fans singing the GCB, the collage features my wife two sons and myself in different shots at different games, my wife died of a brain haemorrhage at that game and one of my sons died early last year. It is in my house somewhere.

Had this made up following the China Tour in 05. Please excuse the reflected laundry :)

china.jpg

I have a DVD which an ex-SUFC player made for my wedding. It's a spoof documentary about me as a Blade and features appearances from Simon Francis, Michael Tonge, Andy Gray and an Oscar worthy performance from Paul Peschisolido. Watched it a time or two and it still makes me laugh every time.

In joint first place with that is an album which I'm keeping for my son. It has a photo of him at every away game he's been to plus his ticket from the game. Hopefully I'll keep that going and give it him as a catalogue of misery when he's older.

Back
Top Bottom