"Yorkshire" (clap, clap clap) ... repeat ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hull City Fan

Reaction score
With The Old Etonians in Westminster getting a little anxious Scotland will vote "yes" and become a thriving little nation in Europe ..... I'd LOVE the chants of "Yorkshire" to be heard a long way from Wembley .... we may support different teams but I think we all have the same grudges about the way the UK is governed. Regardless of how much business Sheffield or Hull does with Europe, a tiny banking elite in The City want to use the red herring of a few foreign migrants getting a few quid they may not strictly be entitled to as a pretext to get us out of Europe ... so the bankers that cost us all a fortune will not be subject to oversight from Brussels trying to make sure the average UK tax payer doesn't get scammed again. Farage is just an ordinary bloke ... who happened to work in "The City" ... like most of his ancestors.

If Hull City beat you, I'd like Man City in the final .... going back to Wembley to play Arsenal? ...... not sure I could be arsed .... playing you lot is far more worth getting excited about but let's hope we've moved on from the Boothferry Boot Boys days. There's more respect and affection for The Blades in Hull than you might imagine. You're a good lot in Sheffield.

But..... Hull isn`t in Yorkshire...

If Hull City beat you, I'd like Man City in the final .... going back to Wembley to play Arsenal? ...... not sure I could be arsed .... playing you lot is far more worth getting excited about but let's hope we've moved on from the Boothferry Boot Boys days. There's more respect and affection for The Blades in Hull than you might imagine. You're a good lot in Sheffield.

You may be waiting a while for that to happen...

With The Old Etonians in Westminster getting a little anxious Scotland will vote "yes" and become a thriving little nation in Europe ..... I'd LOVE the chants of "Yorkshire" to be heard a long way from Wembley .... we may support different teams but I think we all have the same grudges about the way the UK is governed. Regardless of how much business Sheffield or Hull does with Europe, a tiny banking elite in The City want to use the red herring of a few foreign migrants getting a few quid they may not strictly be entitled to as a pretext to get us out of Europe ... so the bankers that cost us all a fortune will not be subject to oversight from Brussels trying to make sure the average UK tax payer doesn't get scammed again. Farage is just an ordinary bloke ... who happened to work in "The City" ... like most of his ancestors.

No veiled threats of hooliganism please Swanseablade may combust if we talk to you :)

But..... Hull isn`t in Yorkshire...

You may be waiting a while for that to happen...
How come quite a few on different threads keep refering as hull not been in yorkshire
my geography cant be that bad surely:confused:

It is technically in Yorkshire, but in a Primordial sense it just isn't. I genuinely only see West and South as 'real Yorkshire' in all honesty. Yorkshire is a culture, as much as a county, and I aren't convinced North or East come into this category.

Yorkshire is Yorkshire, the republic of Yorkshire is big enough to declare independence from the rest of England , east coast useful because of a couple of large ports so we will take them and allow them to be called Yorkshire, any other county welcome except maybe Lancashire :)

When the old North, West and East Ridings of Yorkshire were divided up into new council areas in the 70s, they were replaced with North, West and South Yorkshire, and much of the East Riding became North Humberside (with northern Lincolnshire being South Humberside).

Since Hull were kicked out of Yorkshire, it's a common thing to label them as not from here, it's an easier way to wind them up than calling Forest "Notts".

The same applies to Middlesbrough, formerly of this parish, then dumped into Teeside, then Cleveland, then into its own little council bubble. They also get the "not even from Yorkshire" tag.

Of course it's all a load of nonsense really, Sheffield isn't even in South Yorkshire if you go by council areas, so ceremonial counties are the real way to go, which puts Sheffield in South Yorkshire, Hull in East Yorkshire, Middlesbrough in North Yorkshire, where they should be (just don't tell the Tigers from the rugby town in Humberside that).

It is technically in Yorkshire, but in a Primordial sense it just isn't. I genuinely only see West and South as 'real Yorkshire' in all honesty. Yorkshire is a culture, as much as a county, and I aren't convinced North or East come into this category.
Having moved from Sheffield to York, I couldn't disagree more about North Yorkshire. They're just as proper Yorkshire up here and in the region as Sheffielders are.

Having moved from Sheffield to York, I couldn't disagree more about North Yorkshire. They're just as proper Yorkshire up here and in the region as Sheffielders are.

Ye you may be right, York might be a slight exception. When I think North Yorkshire, I think of country toffs who strut around in their acres and go horse riding on a weekend! Still don't see Hull as Yorkshire that's for sure.

Will Quinny be playing haven't heard much about him recently.

Back
Top Bottom