York Blade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are you watching Baldock toneet in your adopted country
When I saw that, I assumed you didn’t know the difference between Cyprus and Greece, not realising they were playing each other. Happily, I didn’t make a sarky comment.

I bet Hal was dancing on the streets of (insert likely Cypriot town) last night.

Nicosia most likely I reckon.

Not yet. Movers arrive tomorrow, we fly after that, so I just missed this.

He could just do what I do. Fly back late on a Friday and back out Sunday
Working weekends plus gotta stay in the country for first 6 months. It's a surprisingly long day travelling from Cyprus back to England, not just the flight the whole nonsense around it.
When I was in Gibraltar I came back for loads of matches. This will be very different. I think I've made the biggest mistake of my life.

Working weekends plus gotta stay in the country for first 6 months. It's a surprisingly long day travelling from Cyprus back to England, not just the flight the whole nonsense around it.
When I was in Gibraltar I came back for loads of matches. This will be very different. I think I've made the biggest mistake of my life.
First couple of weeks/ months are the worst till you get settled in and in a routine , like you would have in the U.K.
If your lass & chabbies start moaning then it’d be time to think like you might have made an error
Stick with it Hal it’ll work out reight

Maybe if yer ask nicely Hecky brings em on preseason before start of Premier League …You wish

I hope that last comment is tongue in cheek pal

It’s the flight from Uk back to Cyprus which takes up the full day as most flights I use fly early afternoon, so you need to be away by 10-11am. But still get home in Paphos in time for a last pint of keo

Flying back to uk the flights from Paphos are generally late evening so I can get a full day rate for working and then leave in the evening landing at 1am in Manchester. Ideal for a Saturday match

Not sure if that’s a serious remark or not, but if it is….

Cyprus is about 1.000 miles further than Gib, of course it takes longer to get there or back, that surely isn’t a surprise? There’s a psychological theory, forgotten what it’s called, that says if you make a decision, you will immediately regret it and think of reasons why it was a wrong one. Equally, if you’d decided not to go, you would now be wishing you had 🙂

I know nothing of your circumstances, but from a distance, a chance to live in a different country, culture, climate sounds like a great opportunity to me. I enjoyed what I’ve seen of Cyprus, mainly from work visits and one other thing it has going for it is that it isn’t the UK 🙂

Not sure if that’s a serious remark or not, but if it is….

Cyprus is about 1.000 miles further than Gib, of course it takes longer to get there or back, that surely isn’t a surprise? There’s a psychological theory, forgotten what it’s called, that says if you make a decision, you will immediately regret it and think of reasons why it was a wrong one. Equally, if you’d decided not to go, you would now be wishing you had 🙂

I know nothing of your circumstances, but from a distance, a chance to live in a different country, culture, climate sounds like a great opportunity to me. I enjoyed what I’ve seen of Cyprus, mainly from work visits and one other thing it has going for it is that it isn’t the UK 🙂
A mate of mine that sadly passed almost two years back used to say that it’s a 4 1/2 hour bus ride away. My earlier comparison with driving or taking a train from Aberdeen puts it in perspective…

Door to door Aberdeen is a 7hr train journey to chestefield.

Door to door Paphos is about the same.

Of course it’s a little more than that when security or other fuck up factors are applied

You will not know if it’s a mistake until you are there. Give it 6 months and then judge.

I felt like that after I’d moved to Brighton to go to uni as a mature student. Turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

Back
Top Bottom