Would you consider the 2020/21 season a sucess if...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you consider the 2020/21 a sucess if we won the FA Cup, but also relegated from the PL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually think there is more chance of escaping relegation than winning the FA Cup, being as the fewer games in the FA Cup will be against teams that we are very unlikely to beat, whereas there are enough games left against teams we could beat in the division. Either way, we're talking low percentages here.
The FA Cup win would be fantastic (except for the fact that the fans won't have been there through the rounds) so I don't understand why anyone wouldn't see it as a success. People would look back on this season as the cup winning season, not the dire relegation season.
I think a more difficult question would have been: would you consider the season a success if we reach the Cup Final?

I actually think there is more chance of escaping relegation than winning the FA Cup, being as the fewer games in the FA Cup will be against teams that we are very unlikely to beat, whereas there are enough games left against teams we could beat in the division. Either way, we're talking low percentages here.
The FA Cup win would be fantastic (except for the fact that the fans won't have been there through the rounds) so I don't understand why anyone wouldn't see it as a success. People would look back on this season as the cup winning season, not the dire relegation season.
I think a more difficult question would have been: would you consider the season a success if we reach the Cup Final?
I agree, let's face it we'd have to play a patched up team against a top 6 side 3 times and be successful each time. The only reason it's slightly more likely that we'll win a cup tie is that we don't have to score in 120 minutes play to win. In the league we don't have that luxury.

I agree, let's face it we'd have to play a patched up team against a top 6 side 3 times and be successful each time. The only reason it's slightly more likely that we'll win a cup tie is that we don't have to score in 120 minutes play to win. In the league we don't have that luxury.
Though we would have to actually score the penalties.

After the non display against Fulham I have 0 belief we will go any further and expect us to be dumped out 3-0... with talk about fine margins and Chelsea being a big powerful club which, for once, will be accurate.

I can't even remember who won the FA Cup last season; it doesn't mean what it used to.

As I've said before though, I'd still blub like a baby if ever heard United fans singing 'Abide With Me' at Wembley.

Now we're out of the cup, we can concentrate on the league. 👍

It's the longest pre season in history ahead. The only thing to play for in the 9 games left is how many if the shittest teams in top flight history we can pass.

Norwich's 21points last year is probably the most meaningful target we could give ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom