Win the league lads

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone else bloody glad Villa didn't appoint Smith until as late in the season they did? The way he's got them playing once he settled in, they would've been up by March if he'd started the season there!

Anyone else bloody glad Villa didn't appoint Smith until as late in the season they did? The way he's got them playing once he settled in, they would've been up by March if he'd started the season there!

Funnily enough, Villa's winning run coincided exactly with Jack Grealish's return from injury... Before that they were crap. Not convinced Smith is THAT good of a manager - am convinced that Grealish is an absurdly good player and has to be in the Prem next year one way or another.

upload_2019-4-23_14-50-15.png

Alright lads?

Congrats on Premier League football!

Don't listen to those bitter twats that say it's boring - there's still nothing like an away day in Manchester and coming home with 3 points, playing against the world's best week in week out...

Be a while till we're back there anyway so make the most of it for the unfashionables!

Still - I'm pissed off with you lot really. Over ten years I've lived no more than a mile from "BDTBL" and only got to see the mighty Rovers there once - this season!

Like ships in the night...

Anyway - the way we are playing, and the way Norwich are faltering... I really wouldn't put it past us to play kingmaker.

And although I'm jealous, it would be nice to see you win the league - because at least it isn't fucking Wednesday.

See you in town after the party at the Lane to watch us batter the Canaries!

Congrats again - and cheers for an inspirational couple of seasons.

We should go into these last 2 games with the attitude that we can still win the title and I'm certain that is what Wilder will be telling the team in preparation this week.
I said we could still win it in the Triple Point Bar before the Forest game and you lot fell about laughing!

I also said months ago that Hull would be the place to be and whilst me may not have yet sealed the deal yesterday feels like a defining day and being able to watch our performance and then follow it up by watching Leeds lose in a pub full of Blades made it as memorable for me as most other great successes in the past.

All we can do is beat Ipswich and put pressure on Norwich.

Some of us said similar to beating Forest and then let Leeds worry about Wigan - we all know what happened then.

With Brentford beating Leeds, Norwich are up.

Villa on a 10 game winning run - wanting to take form into the playoffs - doubt Norwich will win there.

Beat Ipswich first - see where we stand after Norwich play Blackburn and Leeds have played Villa on the Sunday.

UTB

Completely agree with OP, I have no doubt that Wilder will not allow his players to down tools until the last game of the season. We need a healthy result against Ipswich to put us in a commanding position should Norwich slip up at Villa/ Blackburn.

Completely agree with OP, I have no doubt that Wilder will not allow his players to down tools until the last game of the season. We need a healthy result against Ipswich to put us in a commanding position should Norwich slip up at Villa/ Blackburn.

There’s a slightly more important reason than that...

If the title was to be decided on the last day then what happens with the presentation of it? Would their be some sort of presentation party and trophy in place at both Villa Park and at Stoke to cover both outcomes?

If the title was to be decided on the last day then what happens with the presentation of it? Would their be some sort of presentation party and trophy in place at both Villa Park and at Stoke to cover both outcomes?

Probably sat at a service station somewhere (Maybe around Stafford or Cannock) on the M6 awaiting final whistles.

That or they would have the actual trophy at the ground the favourite is playing at, and a replica at the other ground.

Probably sat at a service station somewhere (Maybe around Stafford or Cannock) on the M6 awaiting final whistles.

That or they would have the actual trophy at the ground the favourite is playing at, and a replica at the other ground.
I remember watching the exciting John Player League final day on BBC2 in 1976 and at the end the helicopter carried the trophy over to Maidstone as it was Kent who won it

https://www.crictracker.com/septemb...old-trophy-was-flying-around-in-a-helicopter/

No chance of winning the title at Stoke.

If we beat Ipswich too many of our players will either still be pissed or injured from the pitch invasion.

Ipswich will be the toughest game of the season. Free hit for them, the pressure is on us

At 10 games into the season I said to my lad that we would go up as champions, even had a cheeky £10 bet with him.
He said to me that I must be mad, I replied we are the best team in this leauge.
Still think I'm right.

Last game of the League one promotion season at MK Dons, we were already promoted. But every player ran their heart out from the first minute to the last, never gave them a minute, never let up and won 3-0.
I don’t, for one second, expect to see anything different from our next two matches :)

Back
Top Bottom