Willo to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Well, they're interested in taking him on loan according to Sky Sports...

Sky Sports understand Burnley are considering a loan move for Sheffield United midfielder Lee Williamson.

Williamson has been a key performer for Danny Wilson's Blades this season as they push for promotion to the Championship.

His exploits for the South Yorkshire club are thought to have caught the eye of the Clarets as Eddie Howe's side look to arrest a stuttering run of form.

Williamson has established himself as a regular fixture in the United squad since arriving at Bramall Lane from Watford in 2009.

The 29-year-old has notched up 35 appearances in all competitions for the League One promotion hopefuls this season, scoring eight goals.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7589487/?

1st let them prove why they need an emergency loan player.
2nd tell them to fook right off

Hey, Seth.........

There seems to be a lot of this going on at the moment whereby a player who is needed by a team (and often crucial to a team) suddenly goes on loan to another team. Does a club pay a fee to the other club for a loan, and is this therefore just a way around the transfer window?

There seems to be a lot of this going on at the moment whereby a player who is needed by a team (and often crucial to a team) suddenly goes on loan to another team. Does a club pay a fee to the other club for a loan, and is this therefore just a way around the transfer window?

I think it's usually a case of a "soon to be out of contract" player being signed on loan with a permanent transfer to follow.
The selling club gets a fee for a player they would otherwise lose for nothing.
The buying club gets a cut-price player for the final push and have him integrated into their squad for the following season.
The player (and his agent) gets the security of a new long term contract, possibly on more money and in a higher league.

I'd love to think that we can dismiss this rumour out of hand and that our board wouldn't even consider it.
However, I don't think their determination to keep the squad together has been tested with a serious offer since Slew, we know how that turned out.

However, I don't think their determination to keep the squad together has been tested with a serious offer since Slew, we know how that turned out.

Chedwyn said he might have gone in January - no idea what the story behind that was. Bloody good job he didn't mind.

Willo has contributed probably just as much if not more than McDonald. Given he has got around 8 goals? from midfield. at the risk of being controversial I would rather keep Willo than McDonald. I do really want us to keep both though. If udders can put of bids for Rhodes surely we can for anyone at this stage.

Willo has contributed probably just as much if not more than McDonald. Given he has got around 8 goals? from midfield. at the risk of being controversial I would rather keep Willo than McDonald. I do really want us to keep both though. If udders can put of bids for Rhodes surely we can for anyone at this stage.

The only thing that can make this happen is if the player pulls a tantrum. Can't see there being enough coinage in it to make it worth risking our promotion push.

Oh, and McDonald doesn't score the goals but he gets us playing in a way so others can. And thankfully it's not an either-or choice anyway.

Two points here:

Burnley 9 points off play offs and aren't exactly pulling up any trees. Burnley unlikely to be dragged into the the relegation battle.
So it would be a move with a view to next season for Willo.

But...

He's in a promotion battle with us, currently we're in the hotseat for Autos, but that could all change by the end of the month. We have a good chance of being in the Championship next season so Plan A for Willo would be with us.

But we're not guaranteed to be there. So if he goes on loan until the end of the season he sets his stall out to be playing Championship football next season either with us or with Burnley (or someone else as he goes into the shop window).

At his age and at this stage in the season, as a Blade you want him to stay, but it would be difficult to turn down for the player.

Lets hope the club turn it down.

We're goner need em both

Anything can happen regards injuries and suspensions during this next 11 games and there's nothing worse than being left short.

We've seen what effect that can have on results and it could f'k everything up

Wendy are bringing one in this week. I can see Hudders doing similar. The last thing we want is to lose any players at this most crucial of times. MacD better than Willo, or vice versa really doesn't come into it

....Wendy are bringing one in this week. I can see Hudders doing similar.....

Interesting. Do you know who they are bringing in?

DW has also said today that he has room to bring in one more on loan. But, won't do so unless it's someone who improves us.

A couple of weeks ago, he was talking about playing for a new contract. Then this comes out. Do I smell a pesky agent?

I think we need more support in there, Doyle has played a lot of football without injury or serious bookings, now an essential part of the team, never thought I'd say it though!!

Burnley can jog on. If he stays, and the worst happens, he'll have no trouble finding a decent Championship club in the summer. I really doubt there's much in this link. At any rate, if they want to sign him for next season, he can sign a pre-contract with them now - absolutely nothing he can do for the rest of their season.

Interesting. Do you know who they are bringing in?

DW has also said today that he has room to bring in one more on loan. But, won't do so unless it's someone who improves us.

No I don't.

I had a look on Porktalk and apparantly Aldridge has said that one should arrive this week in time for their Notts County game at the weekend

Don't be surprised to see Hudders and MK sign a player or two also. It's that time of the season

We have signed two lads, so MacD and Collins both being back in training means we have a stronger squad than before

I have enough faith in SUFC to tell Burnley where to stick it if they make a move, they'll be scouting him as a summer target. If we do stay down and a rebuilding of the team is needed he will be one of the first to go, can't say I'd be to disappointed as he is very injury prone/hugely inconsistent and only seems to play well when we're winning , the little spat with Lowton didn't show him in a brilliant light either, would much rather SUFC focus keeping the younger players like Lowton who have potential rather than players that simply aren't going to get any better. UTB

Back
Top Bottom