Will we have 20 points by end of the year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, I think we could achieve 18 to 23 points before the end of 2023. I hope for 20 points or more. I stand to be shot down. More analysis by others to discuss, but I think our 1st half of the season is easier than 2nd half. Momentum counts, and I hope we achieve this, it will give us a better chance to stay up. 20 points plus 1st half of the season will see us survive imo.
You mean year or season? 😉

Not really

I hope we beat palace, I just think we're going to be terrible the season based on the undeniable fact that we are considerably weaker than we were last season in a much tougher league

stuttgart are currently completely thrashing what is likely to be our starting team against palace, on reflection 2 points might have been optimistic

So basically you’re talking shit then ! Waited til we look poor in a friendly, , then used it to back up a point you won’t bet on so obviously know what you’ve said is rubbish! This will not be the starting 11 v Palace imo but let’s see . We all know we are going to struggle but this type of drivel is boring . 70 odd teams would kill to be in our position yet it’s still not good enough for some ! We will give it the best shot we can under not the best circumstances and that’s all we can ask !
As ever UTB !

So basically you’re talking shit then ! Waited til we look poor in a friendly, , then used it to back up a point you won’t bet on so obviously know what you’ve said is rubbish! This will not be the starting 11 v Palace imo but let’s see . We all know we are going to struggle but this type of drivel is boring . 70 odd teams would kill to be in our position yet it’s still not good enough for some ! We will give it the best shot we can under not the best circumstances and that’s all we can ask !
As ever UTB !
Why am I talking shit? I genuinely think we will be nearer to two points that 20 at the end of the year

That’s not what you said
Do you disagree that we will be nearer two points that 20 at Christmas unless we bring 5 quality players in then?

We've lost to rotherham, we have zero goal threat in the team, the only player who looked like he could make an impact in the prem has gone, we currently could be 4 or 5 down at half time against a bang average stuttgart team and the season starts next week ...

Well, I think we could achieve 18 to 23 points before the end of 2023. I hope for 20 points or more. I stand to be shot down. More analysis by others to discuss, but I think our 1st half of the season is easier than 2nd half. Momentum counts, and I hope we achieve this, it will give us a better chance to stay up. 20 points plus 1st half of the season will see us survive imo.
Makes me laugh how anyone can make a prediction when we don't even know the players we'll have,

All you can say is based on the current squad....looks a certainty we'll be relegated
based on the players set to sign before the transfer window shuts.....looks likely we'll stay up.

So it now depends on how many of the targets or close to done deals will be finalised.
Transfers can be like being a chain to buy a house, so some of our targets all depends on those clubs bringing in their targets.
Also the higher quality the player, the more options they have, there's lot of variables.
I remember Warnock and also Wilder saying transfers on deadline day are madness.
Players can give you their word they'll join, the medical is done and they'll still go elsewhere at the 11th hour
and the first time you hear that they aren't joining is when you read about it in the paper.
Transfer deals are dog eat dog, so anything can happen.

Also making me laugh how some of our fans are judging our hopes for the season based on friendly performances and results.
Do some research, maybe I should post some facts, but it shows that friendly results never indicate what season is in store.
I suppose the question is "how will we cope regards creativity without N'Diaye" and it's a genuine concern but we've some players up to that level planned to come in.

Last edited:
Be lucky to have that number by the end of the season!

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We will stay up. If we avoid injuries.

The bulk of our first 11 are premier league level. Baldock, Egan, Trusty, Berge, Anel, Norwood -- all good enough for the prem. I also think Anus, Yasser and Traore will prove to be good signings. A Stegosaurus Statement is that Traore will bag 10 or more this season.

The only downside is if we have injuries---our backup players are shit. Basham, Fleck, Lowe, Robinson, Osborne -- if they have to fill in for long periods. We are fucked.

The other big downside--the goalkeeper. Wes is an average Championship player at best. If he gets injured, we'll be stuck with Davies who is brely L1 level.

Priority should be getting a goalie in--as well as a couple of outfield players to bulk the squad.
Wes has definitely knobbed Mrs Stegosaurus. He’s fine, Ramsdale proves you don’t need to be great to be a PL keeper.

As ever UTB !
Losing every week? I don’t think they would! Anyone who sees this season as a good opportunity needs to give their heads a wobble. The world is watching us potentially getting battered week in, week out… we aren’t Rocky.

Depends on transfers. For those with short memories, when Wilder was manager in the Prem we were told that if he used the foreign market instead of the domestic market and had signed x,y,z we'd have a competitive squad on a budget. The names of various players that had been bought by various teams and done well in that fashion were named. We had them all lined up apparently.This is now my expectation. They have the money and the control, so it follows we'll have the players to make us competitive.

As the squad currently stands I don’t see us reaching the 23 points we achieved in the Covid season.

If we get a few really good players in before the window shuts that could change of course but the current chances of this happening seem slim

Will we have 20 points by the end of the year? Honest answer? No.

I'll be amazed if we have more than 1 by the end of August.

I very much doubt the present squad has 15 points in it this season today's effort was shocking. We look like a team that has had it's heart ripped out which is in fact what we are Ndiaye, McAtee and Doyle all gone they would walk into that team. We looked like a collection of players that the kid who owns the ball picks on the park, yes a few have only just arrived and it shows. I'm not sure what the fuck they have been doing in training for the last month. Berge, Baldock and Anel the only players who look like they could make the step up to Premier league levels.

Wes was abysmal today, Baldock did Ok, Anel looked a bit shaky in defence but made some good forward runs. Egan will be a problem against pacey Prem strikers Stuttgarts #9 gave him and all our defence a torrid time. Robbo will spend more time suspended than on the pitch against better players he just resorts to fouling and the pushing and pulling fight 2nd half shows why he should be nowhere near starting in the Prem, a complete liability. Larucci poor kid what must he think being lumbered with playing on the same left side as Robbo and the truly awful Osborn hard to see what he can do with those two clowns next to him.

Moving on to the midfield three Berge was ok Slimane looks your average championship midfielder and Ben Osborn fuck me seen Jack Russell terriers with better ball control every other pass to the opposition constant stopping to turn and pass back please loan him out to Wrexham both him and Slimane were in a dream and well off the pace.

Up front Osula poor kid got bullied by the German defence yet had a few good moves fluffed his lines again when one on one with the keeper. Little Bennie looks like he might have something about him did ok to say he only arrived the other day.

Overall we were a shambles, dodgy keeper, a defence full of holes, a midfield with only Berge at the pace the rest all over the shop. Up front no goal threat at all. Could have easily ended 6-7 nil.

Stuttgart were everything we should try to be slick passing the ball never stayed with a player more than a few seconds as the man with it always had a few options to pass to, their movement off the ball was a delight leaving us chasing shadows and their number 9 got a deserved ovation from the home fans why can't we find a goal threat like him? He made Egan look a right mug. Think on Stuttgart for the last few season narrowly escaped relegation. I will be interested to follow their Bundesleague progress to see if they are good or if our shower just made them look good.

As the squad currently stands I don’t see us reaching the 23 points we achieved in the Covid season.

If we get a few really good players in before the window shuts that could change of course but the current chances of this happening seem slim
There is another window this season.

What people need to remember is you need to be historically, hopelessly bad to get fewer than 20 points over the season, never mind talk of 'doing a Derby', and even in a campaign where we didn't win a game until January we mustered up 23. I think we'll manage at least 25 in a worst case scenario, ten more to make 35 and a chance of staying up depending on others `at the other end of the scale. Either way, 'forget the maths' as we like to say and just hope that we enjoy a competitive season with something on the line for as long as possible. What made 20/21 so miserable was knowing we were already down by November.

Not a prayer.
Very worrying now.It was a shambles yesterday.
I’ve got great hopes for Trusty, hopefully not just cos I haven’t seen him play yet, but on the strength that he was one of the best in the Championship last year.This is the pool our recruitment team should be fishing in, for 2 reasons.The step up to the Prem, may just be doable, and if not, we know we have very competitive players for the Championship in the following season.
The lads from abroad I saw yesterday, look way off Prem level, and we haven’t got time to bed them in, even if they may have the potential to improve.Only one game, but It looked like the Championship would be a stretch for them, at the mo.
I think we got carried away with the Anel deal and thought we could uncover some cheap gems, like him. But he had already played in the Championship, with Forest.Thanks to Jack Lester we knew what we were getting.
The current recruitment strategy of fishing for bargains in the lower leagues abroad,looks suspect, and very risky to say the least. Hope to God, I’m wrong, but as Hecky says, we’re a mile off at the moment with 7 days to go.

Back
Top Bottom