Will we have 20 points by end of the year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Well, I think we could achieve 18 to 23 points before the end of 2023. I hope for 20 points or more. I stand to be shot down. More analysis by others to discuss, but I think our 1st half of the season is easier than 2nd half. Momentum counts, and I hope we achieve this, it will give us a better chance to stay up. 20 points plus 1st half of the season will see us survive imo.

Seeing as we'll be playing the same teams in the second half as we did in the first half of the season, I'm not quite sure why you think that.
All the other teams will get better as the season goes on because they've practiced, we will get worse because we are rubbish, very straightforward.

Yes, we will finish above Luton at least but still likely down unfortunately, but we will have more than 20

Because despite loosing illy and what a miss he will be we also got promoted because of how strong we are elsewhere

And whilst that might not mean survival it should mean we are good enough to grab a few close wins at home with a bit of luck

Yes, we will finish above Luton at least but still likely down unfortunately, but we will have more than 20

Because despite loosing illy and what a miss he will be we also got promoted because of how strong we are elsewhere

And whilst that might not mean survival it should mean we are good enough to grab a few close wins at home with a bit of luck

More than 20 points by January??

Depends on how the transfer business goes between now and the end of the month. Current squad will struggle to get 10 points all season in my opinion.

It’s possible, we have a lot of home games and some on road against teams where you could argue it will be easier to nick a few wins, a few 1-0 etc

Obviously being overly optimistic but it’s not impossible either

Not impossible no, but you then go onto say we'll still be relegated.

If we do get to 20 points by half way through season, I'd back us to stay up from there and even back the Prince to even add a little more strength (if he's still around)

I'll be buzzing if we reach 20 points by Jan.

I think we will struggle, but you've got to wait till we've played a few games to have a decent idea how much.

I've always thought a good "team" Is a match for anybody, unselfish players looking to get each other on the end of things, I think we need play for each other and pick off the disfunctional opposition teams when we encounter them.

Certain teams revolve around certain players, teams like spurs cn be stopped if you stop kane and son etc, it's a tough division were competing in, we will also need a slice of luck, something I believe the Premier league owes us big time.. UTB.

Not impossible no, but you then go onto say we'll still be relegated.

If we do get to 20 points by half way through season, I'd back us to stay up from there and even back the Prince to even add a little more strength (if he's still around)

I'll be buzzing if we reach 20 points by Jan.
That’s fair enough mate

I still think we would go down most likely as I don’t think you can sustain winning cup games 1-0 or 2-1 at home against mid to lower teams and stay up

So I guess I’m not actually as optimistic as I claim lol

I also think the someone always gets dragged into a relegation scrap could be us as well

Though I hope I’m wrong

I think we will struggle, but you've got to wait till we've played a few games to have a decent idea how much.

I've always thought a good "team" Is a match for anybody, unselfish players looking to get each other on the end of things, I think we need play for each other and pick off the disfunctional opposition teams when we encounter them.

Certain teams revolve around certain players, teams like spurs cn be stopped if you stop kane and son etc, it's a tough division were competing in, we will also need a slice of luck, something I believe the Premier league owes us big time.. UTB.
Agree a good team is a match for anyone what about teams that are gooder😁

Well, I think we could achieve 18 to 23 points before the end of 2023. I hope for 20 points or more. I stand to be shot down. More analysis by others to discuss, but I think our 1st half of the season is easier than 2nd half. Momentum counts, and I hope we achieve this, it will give us a better chance to stay up. 20 points plus 1st half of the season will see us survive imo.
Let's be realistic, unless 5 premier league quality players come in before the end of the transfer window, well more than likely have 2 points

Care to put your money where your mouth is Not so Slim ane ?
Let's be realistic, unless 5 premier league quality players come in before the end of the transfer window, well more than likely have 2 points
we are more than capable of beating Palace next Saturday which makes your tedious post completely irrelevant after 1 game !
As ever UTB !

Between 10 and 15 for the whole season,thats being optomistic,the pessimist in me says 10 or less..............cant see where the wins will come from.

Luton took 4 points off us last season and they will more than likely do it again.

Crystal Palace (h)
Nottingham Forest (a)
Everton (h)
Tottenham (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)
Fulham (a)
Man Utd (h)
Arsenal (a)
Wolves (h)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Burnley (a)
Liverpool (h)
Brentford (h)
Chelsea (a)
Aston Villa (a)
Luton (h)
Man City (a)
West Ham (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Aston Villa (h)
Luton (a)
Brighton (h)
Wolves (a)
Arsenal (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Man Utd (a)
Fulham (h)
Liverpool (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brentford (a)
Burnley (h)
Newcastle (a)
Nottingham Forest (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (h)

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We will stay up. If we avoid injuries.

The bulk of our first 11 are premier league level. Baldock, Egan, Trusty, Berge, Anel, Norwood -- all good enough for the prem. I also think Anus, Yasser and Traore will prove to be good signings. A Stegosaurus Statement is that Traore will bag 10 or more this season.

The only downside is if we have injuries---our backup players are shit. Basham, Fleck, Lowe, Robinson, Osborne -- if they have to fill in for long periods. We are fucked.

The other big downside--the goalkeeper. Wes is an average Championship player at best. If he gets injured, we'll be stuck with Davies who is brely L1 level.

Priority should be getting a goalie in--as well as a couple of outfield players to bulk the squad.

Between 10 and 15 for the whole season,thats being optomistic,the pessimist in me says 10 or less..............cant see where the wins will come from.

Luton took 4 points off us last season and they will more than likely do it again.

Crystal Palace (h)
Nottingham Forest (a)
Everton (h)
Tottenham (a)
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (a)
Fulham (a)
Man Utd (h)
Arsenal (a)
Wolves (h)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Burnley (a)
Liverpool (h)
Brentford (h)
Chelsea (a)
Aston Villa (a)
Luton (h)
Man City (a)
West Ham (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Aston Villa (h)
Luton (a)
Brighton (h)
Wolves (a)
Arsenal (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Man Utd (a)
Fulham (h)
Liverpool (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brentford (a)
Burnley (h)
Newcastle (a)
Nottingham Forest (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (h)
Reckon we’ll pickup an average of 1pt from home fixtures (20pts) + a handful of points away from home = 30pts. Relegated but not embarrassingly

This has prompted me to look at the fixture list for the first time since they came out. Wish I hadn't!

Between now and the international break in November we have 3 'nice' fixtures. Palace, Everton and Wolves at home. All of which aren't exactly walks in the park.

Add to that I think we might be a bit frigid against Palace as we struggle to find our feet with a changed side, no Illy outlet and being more defensive than usual.

20 points by new year would be outstanding given how difficult the fixtures look and where we are as a club. Job half done and push on in January.

Last edited:
Some right miserable folk on here who take pessimism levels into the stratosphere.
We've got to be realistic I get that, but fuckin hell, all the moaning about not getting more than ten points all season is embarrasing to read. Some of those posts seem to thrive on expected failure and I'd love the players to surprise you and shove your comments down your throats like Wilder's team did a few years ago when the same predictions were being trotted out.
Extremely sad to read such comments and we haven't kicked a fuckin ball yet.

Palace at home is a must win game. Lose that and we're down.

Ironing alert! Irony alert! :cool:

I thought you meant by the end of the season. Still no unless significant additions are made

Depends on the definition of 'end of the year'

44 points minimum.

Care to put your money where your mouth is Not so Slim ane ?
we are more than capable of beating Palace next Saturday which makes your tedious post completely irrelevant after 1 game !
As ever UTB !
Not really

I hope we beat palace, I just think we're going to be terrible the season based on the undeniable fact that we are considerably weaker than we were last season in a much tougher league

stuttgart are currently completely thrashing what is likely to be our starting team against palace, on reflection 2 points might have been optimistic

Back
Top Bottom