Will we already have new players lined up ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky seems more astute than Wilder for sure.

We’ve all heard about Heckys meticulous preparation and planning when he pitches to other clubs in the loan market a’la Man City. Anel could’ve also gone to an array of different clubs but it was us he chose.

I really trust the team in the market but I’d love us to look globally, particularly the South American market. I think this where we try uncover a striker we will badly need.

A lot will depend on agents and wage demands, all the good players are being looked at by Villa, West Ham Fulham etc etc

2 players from Bradway fc, a striker from worksop Town, defender from matlock, and a keeper from Mosborough miners welfare!
Its all we could afford.....
Wrong owner

this is page 2 of five prem experienced players out of contract by June 1st

Jordan AyewJordan Ayew
Centre-Forward
Sep 11, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Serge AurierSerge Aurier
Right-Back
Dec 24, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Jan Paul van HeckeJan Paul van Hecke
Centre-Back
Jun 8, 2000 (22)Jun 30, 2023€4.00m
Diego CostaDiego Costa
Centre-Forward
Oct 7, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Nampalys MendyNampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Neeskens KebanoNeeskens Kebano
Left Winger
Mar 10, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jack StaceyJack Stacey
Right-Back
Apr 6, 1996 (27)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Nathaniel ClyneNathaniel Clyne
Right-Back
Apr 5, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
WillianWillian
Left Winger
Aug 9, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jonny EvansJonny Evans
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Andros TownsendAndros Townsend
Right Winger
Jul 16, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Aaron CresswellAaron Cresswell
Left-Back
Dec 15, 1989 (33)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Shane DuffyShane Duffy
Centre-Back
Jan 1, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Luka MilivojevicLuka Milivojevic
Defensive Midfield
Apr 7, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Just Mendy on thst list worth a look. Ndiaye might know him

Hecky seems more astute than Wilder for sure.

We’ve all heard about Heckys meticulous preparation and planning when he pitches to other clubs in the loan market a’la Man City. Anel could’ve also gone to an array of different clubs but it was us he chose.

I really trust the team in the market but I’d love us to look globally, particularly the South American market. I think this where we try uncover a striker we will badly need.
I wonder if we can tempt Moose back

this is page 2 of five prem experienced players out of contract by June 1st

Jordan AyewJordan Ayew
Centre-Forward
Sep 11, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Serge AurierSerge Aurier
Right-Back
Dec 24, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Jan Paul van HeckeJan Paul van Hecke
Centre-Back
Jun 8, 2000 (22)Jun 30, 2023€4.00m
Diego CostaDiego Costa
Centre-Forward
Oct 7, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Nampalys MendyNampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Neeskens KebanoNeeskens Kebano
Left Winger
Mar 10, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jack StaceyJack Stacey
Right-Back
Apr 6, 1996 (27)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Nathaniel ClyneNathaniel Clyne
Right-Back
Apr 5, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
WillianWillian
Left Winger
Aug 9, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jonny EvansJonny Evans
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Andros TownsendAndros Townsend
Right Winger
Jul 16, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Aaron CresswellAaron Cresswell
Left-Back
Dec 15, 1989 (33)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Shane DuffyShane Duffy
Centre-Back
Jan 1, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Luka MilivojevicLuka Milivojevic
Defensive Midfield
Apr 7, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Like leafing through the menu of a Scottish restaurant.

How many loans are a Premier League side able to make including from abroad? Just seen an article from the Daily Telegraph saying we're planning to use loans next season! Not subscribing to the Telegraph though to read the article!

How many loans are a Premier League side able to make including from abroad? Just seen an article from the Daily Telegraph saying we're planning to use loans next season! Not subscribing to the Telegraph though to read the article!

How Many Loan Players Are You Allowed in the Premier League?​

According to the Premier League’s official handbook, a club can register a maximum of four players on loan during the course of the season, and only two at the same time.

This effectively means that an EPL club can only have two active players on loan. But in case one or more loan stints were terminated in the middle of the campaign, then the team can replace them with other loaned-in players, as long as the total number of loans per season doesn’t exceed four.

You can bet your boots we do. Our recruitment is in good hands.

I know we had another Anel type signing in the works in the form of the Moroccan player Azzedine Ounahi.

Unfortunately for us, he had a brilliant World Cup and signed for Marseille in January for 10 million.

But we have more of that ilk on our radar, I'm sure.

Doyle on a permanent and McAtee back on loan are the obvious ones.
Hopefully we can persuade City to do a decent deal on Doyle.
I love these lads, but it’s the Premier we’re going into. We can’t hang all our hopes on a 20 and 21year old, who’ve merely had a couple of seasons in the Championship between them. We desperately need to seek out experienced Premier league operators, especially up front and in the middle of the park, and sniffing out potential bargains in and around bloated squads in the Premier league, might be the answer. We simply can’t afford to be sentimental about our dealings.

According to the Premier League’s official handbook, a club can register a maximum of four players on loan during the course of the season, and only two at the same time.

This effectively means that an EPL club can only have two active players on loan. But in case one or more loan stints were terminated in the middle of the campaign, then the team can replace them with other loaned-in players, as long as the total number of loans per season doesn’t exceed four.
Does that include foreign based loans though Bert?

I love these lads, but it’s the Premier we’re going into. We can’t hang all our hopes on a 20 and 21year old, who’ve merely had a couple of seasons in the Championship between them. We desperately need to seek out experienced Premier league operators, especially up front and in the middle of the park, and sniffing out potential bargains in and around bloated squads in the Premier league, might be the answer. We simply can’t afford to be sentimental about our dealings.
Agree, as much as McAtee has got better as the season has gone on, he’s had one season of men’s football, doing it in the premier league is a world away.

I'm not Bert mate but it says a maximum of 4 loan players, so aye, in total I reckon.
I have a confession! I had to go for another burger last night just after we went for the first burger! Was still hungry so went for a 1/4 pounder from my usual place (Pizza Bar) just after we'd been to Pepe's! I know this is of no relevance to this thread but we're here my friend!

Any transfer fee's to be paid out needs to be on good outstanding youngsters with a smattering of older experienced players on loan
I get the feeling hecky knows what he wants and won't throw his budget away on panic buys and on waste of time over the hill (crocked) players looking for a last pay day

we seem to get linked with 10 players a week on the Athletic and similar gossip sites
I’m not normally one to stick up for media sites but I’ve just looked through The Athletic for the last couple of months relating to the Blades and found no clickbaity transfer links.

Are you getting it confused with another source?

I don't know if the rules have changed but Fulham had a total of seven loans, six from abroad, in their first season in the top flight. So I think foreign loans are different.

Surely a Heckylist,who can we get on budget . Players released when ins are done. Will be hard for someone to leave beeing part of the promotion. Always sad when loved players coming to the end . Bash,Billy ,JOC ,legende.

I don't know if the rules have changed but Fulham had a total of seven loans, six from abroad, in their first season in the top flight. So I think foreign loans are different.

Correct, maximum 2 from other premier league clubs at any one time. (But not from same club)

Unlimited loans from clubs abroad;

"With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas."

I’m not normally one to stick up for media sites but I’ve just looked through The Athletic for the last couple of months relating to the Blades and found no clickbaity transfer links.

Are you getting it confused with another source?
I did say and similar sites...and the speculation will increase now we are a prem team. We will be tagged on to most players on the move. I want us to just consolidate ,not pay monster fees but seek out the many free agents who might cost a bit in wages but can be signed as there's no outlay or just a small fee.
Our record of laying out big fees is not inspiring. More than half the squad who finished 9th cost nothing or peanuts

Impossible.

In the PL a club can only loan 1 player from each PL club.

If we want both then think buying Doyle is more realistic whereas McAtee has a higher ceiling so we’d need to persuade Man City to loan him to us again.

I wasn't aware of that rule. In that case I'd expect McAtee to be targeted as a loan, City will surely want to see how he copes with Prem League football now before deciding his future there next year. Doyle on a permanent is feasible then if the budget allows, unless they'd rather loan him out as well maybe to either Burnley or the play-off winners. Another season on loan in the Championship wouldn't tell them anything they don't now know about either player.

Back
Top Bottom