Will Osula’s loan at The Shams.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
When I heard of the teams queueing up to take Osula on loan, I have to admit that I personally thought Derby County to be an all round bad fit for the lad. Over the last couple of years there has been no stability at the club what so ever and despite new owners, I think they are still going through a period of transition.

I know he hasn’t been there too long, however by now I would have hoped for more than 2 appearances and a combined 39 minutes of playing time. From his performances in the pre season friendlies, he did look well and truly up for it this season….and Derby’s strikers haven’t been banging then on either (not even our Dave), which makes it all the more frustrating that osula hasn’t had a proper sniff!

But are we about to see a bit of change??

Goodbye rosenior and hello Paul Warne…..

It’s still confusing me this one to be honest. The bloke has been doing decent things over the road, therefore why would he want to jump ship and drop back down to league one?…. You can only see two reasons, money being the obvious one…. And his good mate Shaun Barker being on the immediate board of Derby trustees.

Regardless though….. Warne spoke highly of Osula during the window and said he was a player that he had watched and admired. Therefore perhaps is arrival at Derby will see the arrival of Osula as well?? I really hope so…..

Rotherham are our rivals apparently now. How far have the pigs fallen?

Every club in the championship is a rival because they’re all competing against us for promotion. Some are doing a better job of it than others.
Pigs are rivals for support in Sheffield and the surrounding areas.
To answer your other question, not far enough yet.

I think Warne was interested in bringing Osula in at Rotherham initially, so it'll be nice to see if he starts getting more minutes under him.

Still a young lad though, he'll have to earn his place in a starting XI. Warne won't pick him for the sake of it.

I imagine the Derby fans have the same level of sympathy with your viewpoint as we have with Man City fans who think McAtee should play more.

I considered this myself when I wrote the post, however I do believe Osula to be in a better position to force himself into reckoning.

I considered this myself when I wrote the post, however I do believe Osula to be in a better position to force himself into reckoning.
Looking at their squad list they have 3 forwards who they 'own', one of them is Didzy and he's a different type of player to Osula. I suppose it depends on whether they wanted Osula for backup and they'd rather play their own players or if he went to make an impact.

Looking at their squad list they have 3 forwards who they 'own', one of them is Didzy and he's a different type of player to Osula. I suppose it depends on whether they wanted Osula for backup and they'd rather play their own players or if he went to make an impact.

I see completely where you are coming from.

But at 10 games in and for your leading goal scorers to be midfielders on a couple of goals each. Whilst your strikers have only managed 1 etc…. Surely a door has to open for the lad.

I see completely where you are coming from.

But at 10 games in and for your leading goal scorers to be midfielders on a couple of goals each. Whilst your strikers have only managed 1 etc…. Surely a door has to open for the lad.
If Warne is a fan then I can see it happening, I'd much rather him have dropped to League 2 and played every week if he's not playing at Derby, however at least he's around the first team and getting matchday experience, something he wouldn't have got at BDTBL this season with at least 4 players in front of him in his position.

It’s still confusing me this one to be honest. The bloke has been doing decent things over the road, therefore why would he want to jump ship and drop back down to league one?…. You can only see two reasons, money being the obvious one…. And his good mate Shaun Barker being on the immediate board of Derby trustees.

I think Warne will very much see this as a case of one step backwards for two forwards. Derby's limit is the Premier League, Rotherham's is probably bottom third of the Championship. He's achieved pretty much everything he can with the Millers: they're not going to challenge for promotion to the top flight and they're not going to go on a cup run.

Regarding Mcatee, he's got to displace Doyle, who is quite clearly head and shoulders above him at this point, I've always believed the old addage that "if you're good enough, you're old enough" but that bit more experience Doyle has at this level shines through...

2 seasons from now there's no doubt Mcatee will be some player, possibly at the top level, but he's got some filling out to do, and a bit more experience to gather along the way..

Very happy that we have them both this season..

It was and is a bad move. The fact they referred to him as an “another option” when they announced him was a tell tale sign. He should be somewhere where he will play the majority of games like Jebbison did at Burton

It was and is a bad move. The fact they referred to him as an “another option” when they announced him was a tell tale sign. He should be somewhere where he will play the majority of games like Jebbison did at Burton
He’s gone there for similar reasons we’ve got the City lads though. Pressure to win every game and learning to cope with that as a player. No loan should have any guarantees with playing time.

I think Warne will very much see this as a case of one step backwards for two forwards. Derby's limit is the Premier League, Rotherham's is probably bottom third of the Championship. He's achieved pretty much everything he can with the Millers: they're not going to challenge for promotion to the top flight and they're not going to go on a cup run.
I thought he'd see keeping Rotherham up as the big challenge, and seeing as this time they look like doing it I was a bit surprised.

He’s gone there for similar reasons we’ve got the City lads though. Pressure to win every game and learning to cope with that as a player. No loan should have any guarantees with playing time.

It shouldn’t,however it’s not difficult to look at a squad and think this team is short on numbers in his position so there is a good chance he will play? Players seen as “another option” should be established players imo he can be “another option” here for us all he’s gaining at the minute is training time with league one players I don’t see how this is beneficial to him. Look what happened to Jebbison he was doing well at Burton we recalled him and since then he’s just making up the numbers

Back
Top Bottom