Wilder & Hecky - A Then & Now Comparison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
First, the table from the first 14 games each season ...

W H Table.jpg

... Next, a comparison of our striking capabilities. Not too bad really - this year we're about half way between the good and the bad Wilder years. I'd probably have settled for that.

W H Goals For.jpg

Now - our (lack of!) defensive performance. We thought we were really bad in 20/21, but this year we are 50% worse.

W H Goals Against.jpg

So, the message is clear. START AT THE BACK CHRIS.

If you can close the back door, rather than leaving by it (!), I think we can at least climb towards the survival lines on the last graph.

W H Survival.jpg

Miracles Do Happen - Why Not Here?
UTB & Slava Ukraini

Wilder is a fucking coward cunt.
A shitty spunk bubble.

Great stuff Graphman.

As Don McLean said “A picture paints 1000 words.” Well your pictures certainly painted “P45 Mr Hudson”!

Hecky has been great for us - but he has been let down by our defence - which was always the basis on which we have built - mind you, the defence has also been exposed by a too-slow, unathletic central midfield in my opinion.

Anyway, Hudson is no more, and Wilder is back in place of Hecky to kick ass in the morning. I wasn’t sure that this was the right move, but as soon as it happened I knew that it was.

Keep painting my mind for me!

UTB & FTP

There has never been a comparison.

Heckys whole SUFC career was built from Wilders work. Same formation / same players / same Style.

however the Graph / Work is excellent.

There has never been a comparison.

Heckys whole SUFC career was built from Wilders work. Same formation / same players / same Style.

however the Graph / Work is excellent.
Yep, even the formation he's moved to with the two 10's behind a lone striker was wilder idea as I recall.. wasn't it wilders intention in the 19/20 season to play that formation and recruited as such (freeman) then scrapped that idea when the flat 3 was working.

I think he said as much and that's why freeman move never really worked out.

Let's not forget when heckt was u21s manager formations played by first team was implemented across all teams.

Hecky has been great for us - but he has been let down by our defence - which was always the basis on which we have built - mind you, the defence has also been exposed by a too-slow, unathletic central midfield in my opinion.
This is our exact issue along with wingback not being brave enough to push on. And we ain't going to be able to rectify the midfield part until next season.

Back
Top Bottom